Commit to get Fit & Lean January 2016 - 2023

'Evening! Got in a walk this afternoon and squeezed in some stretching throughout the day.

Deb, were you able to get a walk in today?

Belinda, glad you made it and Sadie was good on the flight. Your relatives are also going to fall in love with her.

Melissa, hope you're having fun.

Hi,

Today was a walk in the rain;) It wasn't too cold but rainy all day. It is fun to walk and have so much colorful scenery with the trees.

Belinda - That is great to hear Sadie did so well:) Does your family live near a walking town?

Cookie - Happy Birthday to your DD. I still remember the good time we had when she joined us at the RT.

Melissa - Enjoy your time out West.

Goodnight:)

Hi everyone, I'm still alive!! I'm so sorry for not checking in: the Friday before we left for Zion, it was insane with work and then packing. We had to leave for our flight at 2:30am that morning to get to the airport on time. We got back this Sunday and then my friend came up to visit and just left here this morning, so it's been busy! Today will probably be a rest day for me.

Zion was SUCH an amazing trip, probably the best trip I've been on so far. We saw big horned sheep in the wild which was really cool! My leg held up for the most part but I did realize I still have a LOT of work to do for endurance with this thing; I needed to use a hiking pole because once we hit around 2 miles, it started to compensate especially if there were a lot of inclines/steep declines (which apparently the leg did NOT like lol). We had the permits for Angel's Landing but my leg was just not ready for it, so Mike did that but I was able to climb the 1k ft to the base of it, so I just waited for him there. My favorite hike though was through the Narrows: so much beautiful scenery and we went further than most people so we got some good pictures without other people in them, haha. I'm glad we got waterproof pouches for our phones because of course I dropped mine in the river. Overall, so much fun, so much activity! I actually joined a gym when we got home so that I can continue to work on endurance and use the stair climber and treadmill to help.

Debbie, the colors are so beautiful! I was wondering if we were gonna miss peak leaf changing season and I'm so glad we didn't. I could do without the rain though!

Cookie, how is your sciatica? Good idea to keep things gentle but also move; that seems to be the best reliever! Happy belated bday to your DD!

Belinda, so happy Sadie was good on the plane! I feel like your family is gonna spoil her, in a good way :)

Have a great day everyone!

Hi,

Today was a walk outside & leg workout at the gym. It wasn't raining but cloudy & dreary here. I actually feel asleep this afternoon after having coffee. I must be run down.

Belinda - Enjoy your trip and good luck with the funeral on Thursday.

Cookie - I hope you are starting to heal.

Melissa - Your trip must have been beautiful & fun. I'm happy to hear your leg held out. At least with winter coming you'll have the time to work on it. Someday I would love to see Zion. Good idea with the water proof pouch & hiking poles. You mentioned a part of the park not being crowded but were the other parts crowded?

'Evening! Got in a walk today and it was so beautiful and warm! In the high 70s!!! Still taking it easy w/sciatica some Essentrics and walking.

Deb, you've been doing a lot w/traveling and everything. Sometimes our bodies just need that rest. How are you doing today?

Belinda, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Melissa, happy to hear you enjoyed your trip. Smart move using hiking poles. What do you do to build endurance?

Hi,

Today was a walk outside & zoom yoga. It was beautiful here too.

Belinda - Good luck tomorrow

Cookie - It was nice out, good day for a walk:) I feel more like myself today. We have out of town trips one in November & one in December for various big birthdays. I need to get my energy up.

Melissa - I'm sure the trip took a lot out of you.

Good morning! Yesterday I did a walk and exercised with a client. Today will probably be another rest day; I've been SO exhausted since we got home from the trip. Also it's TOTM so that's probably not helping.

Debbie, the park was very crowded; they say it gets most crowded in the summer though. The first day, we did a hike around 11am but that was way too busy, so the rest of the trip we woke up at 5 to catch the first shuttle out. Hiking out was not busy but coming back (around 12/1pm), it was pretty crowded. Definitely try to get out there if you can! It is clearly the most beautiful place I've ever seen in my life!

Cookie, it was so beautiful yesterday! Glad you got a chance to be outside. For endurance I need to do more timed cardio like uphill walking and stair climbing, and higher reps for stuff like lunges, split squats, etc. I thought I had a strength issue (which I did also) so I was mainly training for strength, but the endurance was just shot.

Belinda, sending you hugs from across the way!

'Evening! Went to a friend's art show, so took a rest day. Saw though I've done 28 flights of stairs w/o a workout!

Deb, probably all your traveling has tired you out. Are you feeling well otherwise? How often do you do your Zoom yoga? You're so consistent in your workouts, it's inspiring!

Belinda, thinking of you. Hugs

Melissa, it's so hard to get a balance and get everything done, and it must be so much more so for you in your profession. Do you feel a lot of pressure to keep up your personal fitness?

Hi,

Today was a walk outside & upper body at the gym. I slept 8 hours and was so tired again today. Tomorrow we are taking a short drive to see the Fall Foliage.

Waves hi to Belinda

Cookie - Wow 28 flights is a workout even not an official one. I haven't been eating well and feel like I've been on the go. Hopefully by this weekend, next weekend we change the clocks so maybe that will help. I do zoom yoga about once a week but do miss some weeks.

Melissa - It was a beautiful day for a walk! It's good that you get a workout in with your clients. I'm surprised the parks would be busy since school is back in session. I'm sure all the hikes and getting up at 5am exhausted you, but so worth it:)

Hi,

Yesterday & today were hikes to waterfalls in Upstate NY. We decided to spend the night it was only a couple of hours away but this way we had 2 days.

Belinda - I hope you are enjoying the time with your family.

Cookie - I hope your back is feeling better.

Melissa - Hopefully you are getting caught up this weekend.

'Evening! Went to Cooperstown, NY for the weekend. Beautiful place. Today we went to Hyde Hall, which reminded us a Downtown Abbey.

Deb, how was the hiking? Where did you go?

Belinda, how are you holding up? Thinking of you.

Melissa, we've been to Arches a few times, and it was crazy in the summer. Lots of crowds. Maybe it's the autumn weather, but I'm feeling really worn out today.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside, it was a nice day.

Cookie - We went to Round Top, Catskills. The hiking was good, but it was hard to see the paths because of the fallen leaves. I've never been to Cooperstown. I always think of baseball when I hear Cooperstown. We thought of going years ago with the boys. So many beautiful places in New York State.

Waves hi to Belinda & Melissa

'Evening! Not. a single trick-or-treater! Every year, I'm hopeful that my dh will not be the only one eating our candy, but it will be all him again. Got in a walk today, and the weather was beautiful.

Deb, I always think of baseball with it also. It's on a beautiful lake and has a nice, small downtown, where the great Italian restaurant was, and a really great state park at the other end. That's where the historic house is at. Round Top is really nice. All your walks must have you well prepared for hiking.

Belinda, hope everything is going well.

Melissa, my energy has been lower lately, and I'm attributing part of it to allergies. Might that be the case also for you? Hope you had a good day.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside & Gym Style Legs at the gym. It was my 35th Anniversary which we will celebrate on Friday. Boy did the time fly by. We did get more trick-or-treater's this year than the last few years. I still have a big bag of candy left though.

Belinda - Hope you are getting lots of time with your family.

Cookie - It was a beautiful day for walking:) I will try and give our candy away, my DH doesn't have much of a sweet tooth. I will have to visit Cooperstown one day, sounds really nice.

Melissa - Did you dress up for your clients?

Hi,

Today was another nice day for a walk. My neighbor's daughter is visiting from Hawaii this month so took one of her yoga classes today. She leaves for Africa in a couple of days and then returns at the end of the month. Boy she is living the life.

Waves hi to everyone

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA: we adopted (another) cat on Friday from my fiance's client. The family couldn't take care of him anymore and he has a history of being abused, so I couldn't stand to have him go to a shelter. The weekend was...interesting...getting him acclimated to our 2 other cats but we made it and now everyone is (thankfully) getting along! Woohoo!! Now if only they'd all stop going in the 1 litter box...

Today I'm planning on doing an upper body workout after clients. I did start going to the gym for my leg on Monday and I can't believe how weak it is! The leg press taught me that lol.

Debbie, happy anniversary!! What do you have planned for Friday? Is your neighbor's daughter going to Africa for fun, work? I didn't dress up cuz I honestly forgot it was Halloween until that morning (even though it's my favorite holiday, go figure), but I wore my Scare Bears shirt which is basically the Care Bears dressed up as villains from all the popular slasher movies.

Cookie, we didn't get any trick-or-treaters either which was sad. Omg I didn't even think of allergies! Could totally be partly why my energy is so low.

Belinda, hope you are doing well!

'Morning! Sorry for not checking in yesterday. After work had two neighbors over for dinner. They are going back to their winter residences, and it was a really nice, but late, evening. Today, hoping to squeeze in a walk and even possibly a kayak ride. Want to get them in while I can.

Deb, happy anniversary! Sorry, completely forgot yours is on Halloween. 35 is something definitely to celebrate. Is your yoga teacher going to Africa on vacation? I'm envious whether it is for work or pleasure. My dh's sweet tooth probably makes up for your's not having one. It's amazing this guy has any teeth.

Belinda, thinking of you and your family.

Melissa, you and your fiance are so caring to take in the cat. The acclimation process sounds like it happened quickly. Allergies always drain my energy.

Hi everyone,

We got back last night. We got in late, we stayed overnight with DD. I am Jet lag. Didn't experienced anything flying to Germany. I will take it easy today, maybe take a walk. The funeral for my niece was sad. Over 300 people mostly family showed up. Although it was sad, I got to see my family and friends. DH, Sadie and I stayed with my older sister since she lost her DD. Both my kids flew to Germany to be with family, they caught up with all their cousins and ended up having a blast with them. Sadie was amazing on the flight and being around everyone. I even took her to the funeral with us. My sister and BIL fell in love with Sadie. My family and friends all wanted to keep Sadie :) I am so proud of Sadie. On the plane she never made a sound. The flight attendants all loved Sadie. Sadie is only a 5 pound Yorkie and super cute.

I am sorry I took my iPad with me but never opened it. My sisters and family kept me busy. We already making plans to visit Germany next year. I will stay a few weeks or month next time.

If I am not to tired later I will read everyones post.

Belinda

'Evening! A beautiful day here. I didn't notice earlier in the day but it was 69 at 3 pm! Crazy, but I'm loving it. Supposed to be high 70s on Saturday. Got in a long walk today.

Deb, bet you loved walking today.

Belinda, glad to hear you made it back alright. I'm thankful you were able to visit and be with your family at this time.

Melissa, is one workday busier for you than another?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.