Commit to get Fit & Lean January 2016 - 2023

Hi everyone! This week has been crazy. I've been programming my own workouts cuz I didn't feel like doing a video, mainly focusing on leg strength/mobility/endurance because our Zion trip is in ONE WEEK. I'm nervous but also excited! Today I'm probably gonna do arms and a hill workout.

Cookie, I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. Sending you and your family all of the hugs! What book did you read? I'm such a slow reader so being in book clubs always stressed me out lol.

Debbie, aww @your dog friend. Dogs are so great! That is so annoying about the refrigerator delivery. There was a local post on Reddit saying how service companies are ghosting people all over the place and not communicating. I don't understand how some businesses run. Will your SIL be staying with you while you're in FL?

Belinda, I cannot even imagine what you and your family are going through right now. It seems like you have a wonderful support system with each other. Hoping you're able to get some rest

Evening,

I am sorry for not checking in yesterday. i totally forgot I promised DD to watch Cooper. DH and I drove to DC yesterday, we are staying until Sunday.

Thursday was a rest day from Fuel. Today DH and I walked to the National Mall. We walked almost 5 miles today. We also took Cooper and Sadie. Than we went to Georgetown to crap a bit to eat. DH and I haven‘t been to Georgetown since covid. We had had a lot of fun today.

The funeral for my niece will probably around the 24 or 25th of Oct. I will start looking for a fight to Germany. Since I haven‘t been back home in years, DH and I thinking of staying a few weeks. I have a lot of appointments coming up. Hopefully I don‘t have to cancel.

I promise, I will catch up in the morning. Good night.

Hi,

Today was a walk on the beach. We also relaxed, DH stresses when we drive or fly but once we are settled he is much better.

Belinda - Even though it is a sad time, it would be great if you could spend a couple of weeks. I always remember you telling us about the towns, especially during the holidays. Lots of walking for you today!

Melissa - You are doing great prep for your hikes. You will have a great time, can’t wait to hear about it.

Waves hi to Cookie

Goodnight:)

Happy Saturday everyone! Did my own leg training today and spent way too much money on clothes I def don't need for our trip

Belinda, I hope you and your DH are enjoying DC! I haven't been to Georgetown since high school; such a cool place! A few weeks in Germany would be great to get to spend some time back home with family and friends, even though the circumstances are tragic. It might be good to spend some time with a larger support network.

Debbie, glad you had a relaxing day! I have such high anxiety around trips too, so I totally feel for your DH. We have most of our trip planned out with rental cars and parking all set up already, I have the packing list raring to go, so sometimes that helps limit (some) stress lol.

Waving hi to Cookie!

Enjoy the day everyone!

Hi,

Today was a walk on the beach. We also have spoken to people about all the work they needed to do to prepare for the hurricane. It is scary seeing the news stories of the devastation to people’s homes.

Belinda - I hope you are catching up on sleep and enjoying dog sitting.

Cookie - You must be enjoying the fall foliage.

Melissa - Nice leg workout! You are so organized for your trip:). Did you get hiking boots or trail sneakers? I remember being confused as to which to buy when we were out West.

Hi everyone! Today might be a rest day, might be a yoga day: I haven't decided yet lol. Chores are mostly done! Tomorrow I have my 6 month appt with the dermatologist and I am nervous; I was diagnosed with melanoma in Feb 2022 and had surgery for it. They had to remove some lymph nodes to make sure it didn't spread: thankfully, it didn't and they got all of it out! Now I have to see my derm and oncologist every 6 months to make sure everything looks good. I really hope it does and I don't have to go through another surgery

Debbie, it's crazy all the damage the hurricane did! I watched someone's pool cage just get picked up and thrown around. I'm glad everyone you know/you are all safe! I have hiking boots from past trips, so I will bring those. We are doing the narrows one day which tend to have high water, so we will rent hiking boots for that since we don't have very good water ones.

Waving hi to Cookie and Belinda! Hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

Hi,

Today was a walk on the beach. We went to see an open house, in our building. It was a much smaller place but it was really nice. It appeared so much bigger and interestingly the realtor said it was done by staging.

Belinda - Nice Fuel and walk!

Melissa - Rest day or yoga either sounds good. Sorry you had to go through melanoma but good that you caught it. I had pre-cancer on my back but it was an in office procedure. It puts me at a high risk for melanoma. It’s good you go for your check ups and can understand your nervousness.

Waves hi to Cookie

Hi,

Today I walked and did Fuel Day 21 LB.

Debbie - a walk on the beach sounds lovely. Are you in FL? Isn't it interesting how the relator can stag a house to make it look bigger?

Melissa - glad you took a rest day yesterday.

Great job on your workouts, everyone. I am sorry you had to go through melanoma glad you caught it early.

Waving Hi to Cookie.

Have a great day and workout.

Hi all! This morning was my own leg workout. I think I overdid it cuz my leg is super sore but I have been moving it around a lot which has been helping. Got an A on my skin check at the derm this morning so I don't have to go back for another 6 months, woohoo!! Went to Harmon today (not sure if you ladies have one of those by you) and got a bunch of travel-sized things for the trip!

Debbie, are you looking to move? And yep, early detection is key for skin stuff. It was weird because I'm one of those people who is always in the shade with a butt load of block on but the oncologist said I probably still would've gotten it if I lived in a dark basement my entire life.

Belinda, nice job getting Fuel done! How was your time in DC?

Waving hi to Cookie!

Hi,

Today was a walk on the beach. The weather has been nice not too hot & humid. The people who live here are happy to get a break from the 90s.

Belinda - Nice Fuel & walk, it must be nice walking weather. Have you finalized your Germany trip? Yes we are in FL.

Melissa - Good news on your check-up:). We were actually looking for ideas for bathroom renovations. At some point we will need to do since it is over 40 years old. I have friends who use SPF 4 or no sunscreen and they don’t have problems. Does the oncologist offer any advice going forward?

Waves hi to Cookie

Good morning,

Today I will do Fuel Day 21 UB and a walk. I have PT appointment this morning.

Debbie - the funeral is on Oct 27. We are looking for a fight to Germany. Haven't decided when and how long. We also need an international health certificate for Sadie. Which can't be older than 10 day's.

Melissa - we had an amazing time in DC. We already done all the tourist attractions especially if someone comes to visit. We just go out to walk and eat.

I need to get ready for PT. I will be back later.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside, it was too humid today.

Belinda - How cool you are bringing Sadie with you:) I did hear about needing vet papers for when you travel. In some ways it seems so strict because the dogs are sitting with their owners, just my 2 cents. I have seen 2 German Shepherds at outdoor restaurants but they have been very friendly.

Waves hi to Cookie & Melissa

Evening,

I had doc appointments this morning. I did FUEL Series 30 Min Glutes & Hamstrings Tempo Workout | Day 23 today.

I will not take a rest day tomorrow, I will try to finish Fuel before I fly next week.

Debbie - those are special health records she needs for Germany. Her appointment is Friday.Flying back to the US, we don't need a health records. We bring Sadie to outdoors restaurants. She is very good in public.

Waving Hi to Cookie and Melissa.

I will be back tomorrow.

'Evening! Sorry for being mia, but it has been really hectic here. Got in a walk today, and the leaves are beautiful.

Deb, bet the beach walks are awesome. How's your sil? Seems like staging can make a huge difference.

Belinda, it will be so good for you to be there with your family, especially at this terrible time.

Melissa, glad the derm appt went well. I also have to go every three months, and am always estastic with a all good report.

Hi,

Today was a walk on the beach. Also we had a repair to our A/C. We called in the morning and they had someone out by the afternoon. It seems like a really good company and technician.

Belinda - Kudos on getting your Fuel rotation done before you leave. Will you workout while in Germany?

Cookie - I am missing walking during Fall Foliage. I am hoping their will still be some color when we get back. My SIL is back home they needed to do a small repair to their roof in FL.

Waves hi to Melissa

Good morning! Leg has been achy the past couple of days; I think I pushed it a little too hard in my workout Tuesday because it had been feeling really good; this thing is so unpredictable lol. Today will be some mobility drills and maybe some abs. It's a light client day which is nice for once, especially since it's gonna be nasty and rainy all day.

Debbie, the only thing the oncologist said is just keep up with regular skin checks, sunscreen, and try not to get burned lol. I also see him every 6 months. Honestly, I would be in a much worse head space if it wasn't for him, but he has helped me so much through all of this. Glad you got your AC fixed!

Belinda, I love seeing dogs when we are out! One of the breweries by us has dogs scattered all over the patio; they even leave out treats and huge bins of water for owners to help themselves. It's so cute. Nice job on Fuel!

Cookie, I am loving watching the leaves turn! This is my favorite time of year for sure. Someone was saying how during years of drought the colors are more vibrant; I'm wondering if that's true? We might miss the peak since we will be away next week but I'll take anything I can get lol.

Have a great day everyone!

'Evening! Ended up with a rest day. It was a busy day and my sciatica has been yelling at me all day.

Deb, glad you had such fast service on your AC. That was fast. How has the weather been there? Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy both beach walking and foliage this month.

Belinda, nice job on finishing your rotation! How are you doing today?

Melissa, you're gong to have such beautiful views next week! I do think the drought made the colors more vivid this year. Hope your leg feels better.

Evening,

I had all indentions to workout today. I walked outside today.

DH and I been on the phone/surging online for flights to Germany. We couldn't find a seat. What a headache. The flights are so expensive if you book a week out and the plans to Germany are full. Anyway, thanks for DD we got flights. I don't know how she found fights for next week. We will fly to Germany next Friday on the 21. I was going to stay at least 2 weeks, the price jumped 2K each. Insane!! Instead of fighting on the 21st to Nov 3red. We only stay 9 day's in Germany. 2K each for 2 extra day's its insane. My son and DD are going to the funeral too.

I will catch up on personals in the morning. Good night.

'Evening! Another rest day b/c my sciatica has called in its friends in my lower back, and it's like they're all in cahoots to aggravate me. I'm hotpacking and going to take it easy.

Deb, did you get your walk in today? It was beautiful weather here.

Belinda, glad you were able to get flights. It is wonderful that you'll be able to be all together.

Melissa, how is your leg doing? Hope you're feeling okay.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.