Commit to get Fit & Lean January 2016 - 2023

'Evening! Busy day, but more Essentrics. Had a big family dinner yesterday w/step mom and others. It was a whirlwind for her seeing folks yesterday, since Saturday she was couldn't get around. So glad so many of us were able to get together.

Deb, are you going to vacation while you're in FL? It will be interesting to see how the countryside changes in the drive back? I'm going to TX and Mexico at the end of this month and am so excited. I'm flying with one sister to meet up with another and then we're going to a surprise birthday celebration for my step mom.

Belinda, a trip to TX to see your ds and dil sounds great! What part of TX do they live in? It's nice that Sadie is getting along better w/her cousin. I miss having my dd around more often - daughters are great.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside (nice out:)) & Cathe Gym style chest & tri's at the gym. I worked on our taxes today, will be happy when they are done tomorrow.

Belinda - Nice workout! It was fun to sit next to the chihuahua on the way home from FL. The man asked if it was alright to take him out of the carrier. I didn't mind and the stewardess didn't either. You will have a fun trip and great idea to go 1st class so no one sits next to you. It will be exciting for you to spend time at your DS & DIL's.

Cookie - I'm happy you were able to see your step mom and have a get together. It will be fun for you to visit and travel again:) We are going back to FL but coming back for Easter. We brought a car down in October and will take it back in April. We hope to visit some towns but depends on the traffic. Lots of people may be traveling too LOL!

Goodnight:)

Good morning,

D52 Cardio & abs is done. I will go for a walk later.

Debbie - awww...that is nice you didn't mind if the guy let his dog out of the carrier. I hope I have the same experience with Sadie. I had a yorkie 25 years ago, we flew her from Germany to the US with us. It wasn't allowed to take the dog out of the carrier. Pixie was so well behaved, nobody knew she sat right next to me on my seat, lol. I hope Sadie does well on the flight. She does very well. I am also glad nobody is sitting next to us.

Cookie - great job yesterday. I am happy you were able to see you step mom. Glad you had a nice get together with family. My son and DIL live in El Paso, TX. I am glad Sadie is getting better with her cousins too. He is a 65 pound dog, Sadie is 5 pound. I know you miss your DD. Daughters are the best. I am lucky DD doesn't live far away. What part of TX are you going to be? We will stay 3 weeks. Afterwards I plan on a FL trip on the beach.

Have a great day and workout everyone.

'Evening! Another day, another Essentrics workout. A friend asked if I wanted to meet tomorrow for a walk and talk and had to confess I'm currently not walking. It does bum me out not to, but we'll meet and definitely do a lot of talking!

Deb, does all our talk about dogs getting you thinking of one? It does seem like everyone is eager to be out traveling! It's a bit out of the way, but the Blue Ridge Highway is stunning.

Belinda, we'll stop in Brownsville, go to Mexico City, and then to Houston. It will be a rushed time, but I'm so looking forward to seeing some folks I haven't seen in a few years. Three weeks is a nice long visit.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside, it was so nice out. We also went to the cemetery it was my MILs birthday. Strange to say but it is actually a beautiful place. There is this giant mosiac picture that is beautiful.

Belinda - Nice workout! I'm sure most people love pets more than people LOL. Sadie is really a service dog so it will be interesting to see how it goes. It's funny because children under 2 years old sit on parents laps so why not a dog.

Cookie - Nice essentrics workout! Do you have to go to PT? I will keep Blue Ridge Highway if we pass or are close by. I never heard of it but assuming around the Blue Ridge Mountains. Actually many years ago my SIL may have mentioned it on her way to TN.

Hi,

Today was a rest day. DH and I went for a hike. It was in the 70's.

Debbie - I know a lot of people love pets more than people. LOL, Sadie defiantly rescued me. I should make her a service dog. They need special training. I should look into it soon. I agree, why not let dogs sit on your lap. In Germany cemetery are like that.

Cookie - you on the opposite side of TX. I am glad you get to see your family. DH is retired, we have time to spent 3 weeks with DD.

Good night.

'Evening! Met my friend and had a nice visit. The weather here is spring like.

Deb, right now it's online pt. My foot is still swollen, which may be related to the creatine level escalation, so my pt is limited. During Victorian times, most cementaries were used like parks and families would picnic there on Sundays. Glad your mil is in a beautiful place.

Belinda, might you consider having Sadie trained as a therapy dog? That way many others would benefit from her great personality? Lovely day for a hike. How are your knees?

Hi,

Today was a walk outside & zoom yoga. Cookie asked about wanting a dog. On our walk DH & I stop to play/pet a golden retriever and basset hound. They get along great but the golden retriever gets jealous when we pet the hound. We met the owner a couple of months ago, and asked her if it was ok. She was very happy because she has 4 children and can't give them attention. Today we saw the owner again and she now understands why the dogs always stay in the front of the house:). I guess it's good for everyone;)

Belinda - Beautiful weather for a hike! I love the start of Spring.

Cookie - Who would have thought their would be online PT. It's crazy how things have changed. Interesting about the cemetaries in Victorian times.

Hi,

Today I did D53 TB. I have 7 more workouts left in the 12 week rotations. I probably will continue with her workouts depending what what she comes up next. I really like her style of workouts, so does my body.

Debbie - I love the start of Spring too. The weather is really crazy lately. Today it's cloudy.

Cookie - interesting about the cemetery. You couldn't do a picnic in a German cemetery, lol. I never thought about making Sadie a therapy dog. DH and I talk about making her a service dog. You can take them anywhere. I will look into both. Sorry about the swelling in your foot. Did your doctor give you something for the swelling? Feel better soon.

Good night.

'Evening! Had a long day and took a rest day.

Deb, thought you were going to get the retriever! I'll bet those dogs love you stopping and giving them attention.

Belinda, great job on being consistent with those workouts. My creatine levels went super high b/c of an infection and it caused swelling in my limbs, so I can't take any thing for the foot problem right now. A couple of our prior dogs were therapy dogs.

Hi,

Today was a walk at the gym, it rained all day. My kitchen renovation starts Monday o_O I started clearing everything out but will probably take until Sunday. DH has offered to help but will have him & ds move the big items.

Belinda - It sounds like you are really liking the rotation & flying thru it. Will you exercise while staying with your ds?

Cookie - Does creative go down on its own, or do you take meds for that? DH said if the family decided they couldn’t keep the retriever he would adopt it;)

Good morning,

Day 54 Tabata & Booty is done. DH and I will get out and enjoy the nice weather today.

Debbie - it didn't rain all day, it was very cloudy here. Yeah, on the kitchen renovation. Will you have a bigger kitchen? I really do like the rotations and her style of workouts. She doesn't rush through the workouts plus she showed modifications for all her high impact moves. I am doing everything modified. Yes, I will exercise while staying with my DS. They do belong to a nice gym, I may try that one. I know my son had dumbbell select. Defiantly will workout. DS and DIL will be working. Maybe DH and I will get a rental car? DS and DIL only have one car. Golden retriever's are amazing dogs. My son has one. She is a nut. She still very young.

Cookie - that is so cool you had a few therapy dogs. Did you train them yourself or where did you get it done? I am so sorry your creatine levels went super high b/c of an infection and it caused swelling in your limbs. That doesn't sound good at all :( I hope your creatine levels and swelling go down soon. Rest my friend. I know it's hard not able to do the things you want to do. Resting and elevating is probably best. Feel better soon.

BBL

'Evening! So,now I've developed a clogged right ear, feels like an ear infection, since it's sore down the right side of my jaw. No workout today and will see dr tomorrow.

Deb, I'm with your dh and agree on the dog if offered! So exciting about the renovation. It will all be worth it. How long is it projected to take? At first, it was medically reduced and now with food and even more water. I'm hoping to get an all clear on weights the beginning of April.

Belinda, you know how those autoimmune things go. Once something is out of whack, it just continues for a while. We had to go to obedience class w/the dogs and get the certification for therapy dogs. We really didn't do any training in between session! Those dogs were so good! Others kept saying that we must have worked with them a lot, but no. They were just great dogs, but we couldn't take them near water b/c they would take off for hours swimming.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside & kitchen clean-up. It was so nice today. I didn't realize how much is accumulated in my kitchen cabinets.

Belinda - Sadie will have a doggie friend when you visit your son. We were lucky sunny today, but rainy all day tomorrow. Our kitchen will not be bigger but we will have more counter space. We are removing a decorative desk not sure why I even had it in there, didn't even use it. Does your son live close to where you lived when you were in TX?

Cookie - LOL on not being able to take the dogs near water. My retriever loved water but not baths or even getting hosed off. I hope your ear feels better, I can see how one thing leads to another. April will be here before you know it.

Hi,

D55 TB HiT with weights is done.

Debbie - I hope all the dogs getting along. My son has 3 female dogs. I know it's a lot of work getting all your cabinets empty for Monday, it will be worth it on the end. DS moved on the west side, we lived on the east site. He lives in the mountains.

Cookie - I am sorry your autoimmune system whacked. Mine is whacked since last year :( I feel for you. Sounds like your dogs were great dogs. Same dogs are easier to handle than others. Brawler was a great dog, he listen to me. Sadie is doing well with her commands. I even let her off her leash, she follows me everywhere. I will look into therapy dog training. I need to get a dog carrier for her.

Have a great day and workout.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside. It was rainy & foggy but by the afternoon it was nice:) I have stuff allover looks like I'm having a moving sale.

Belinda - Nice workout! We will be away the 2nd week of renovation so not too bad. Wow, on your son having 3 dogs!! I always think of TX as being flat like FL, I bet the mountains are beautiful:)

Cookie - I hope you are feeling better. The good thing is you can still enjoy the weather especially since you are on the lake.

Have a great weekend:)

Rest day for me today. It's cold and windy outside.

Debbie - my son and DIL love dogs. TX is flat, for some reason they also have some mountain in El Paso, lol. It's high desert.

Cookie - how are you feeling today?

Have a great Weeknd.

'Evening! Nothing to really report here.

Deb, it's going to be worth it when it's done. (that's what I kept telling myself during renovation.). Hope it got off to a great start!

Belinda, what are you considering to do after you finish this rotation?

Hi,

Yesterday and today was boxing my kitchen up. They came today and I was not finished, but it worked out. I can't believe what I have accumulated in 30 years in this house. DH couldn't believe I still had the kids baby spoons :oops:. I just stuck them in the back of the drawer and forgot about them. Also cleaning out the food closet was crazy, 1/2 the stuff I don't even use. I must have had about 4 cans of sardines, and we don't even eat them:confused:. Well having a lot of laughs:)

Belinda - You are so good at sticking with rotations:)

Cookie - I must be like your DH, LOL.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.