Commit to get Fit & Lean January 2016 - 2023

My 36 year old niece in Germany passed away. My nephew found her. My younger sister is with our nephew. The doctors think she had a pulmonary embolism. I am in shock, I can't stop crying. My heart is broken. My sister and my brother are on vacation. Both are packing their suitcase to fly back to Germany. This is a nightmare. Please, say a prayer for my sister and her family.

'Evening! Did a shorter walk and lots of stretching today.

Deb, happy birthday to your dh! What did you make for the celebration dinner? Glad things sound okay at your condo. My middle son is visiting friends in Daytona, and he sent some videos with lots of water in them, but he's okay.

Belinda, I'm so sorry about your niece. That is so sad. I still do exercises from PT but Essentrics is what has really helped me. I need to go back to do it at least a bit almost every day. I swear I could do a commercial for them. Whenever I don't do them, my body lets me know.

Melissa, hope you and your fiance don't get Covid and get to enjoy your Zion trip. It is such a beautiful place. I do better with a rotation - one less thing to think about. Your plan is like a rotation in my opinion.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside & upper body at the gym. It seems like everyone I know is fine in FL. I am still waiting to hear from one friend who's area was hit hard.

Belinda - (((HUGS))) My prayers are with you and your family. It is unimaginable as a Parent or any family members to have an unexpected death of a loved one. My thoughts are with all of you during this difficult time.

Cookie - Hopefully the stretching helped you out. I made chicken, eggplant parm & pasta (one of DH's favorites). I saw Daytona was hit hard too, must be some experience for him to see.

Melissa - Have either of you ever had Covid? Hopefully you don't get. What will be the weather be like when you are in Zion?

Goodnight:)

Hi,

Today was a walk outside & full body workout at the gym. It's cool here today. We are going to get a bite to eat tonight.

Belinda - Sorry about your loss it must be so hard.

Have a good weekend:)

Good morning! Sorry i was MIA yesterday; I did ICE LIS with abs yesterday AM. Today I'm planning on some kind of strength training, not sure what yet. I'm finally getting my bivalent booster this AM too!

Belinda, I'm so SO sorry to hear about your loss. Sending you all the prayers and love to you and your family. Please let us know what you need

Cookie, knock on wood but we don't have any symptoms so far. I'm hoping this skipped us. I feel like my luck is running out w Covid though; over the winter, I was at the salon for literally 8 hours and the next day my hairdresser called me to tell me she tested +. Somehow I never got it and she was hanging over me the entire time.

Debbie, I'm so glad most everyone you know is safe down in FL; hoping the same for your friend! I'm one of the weirdos who hasn't gotten covid yet (knock on wood); same for my fiance and he is way more at risk because he does home health and actually treats covid + people. It's looking like it will be 80s during the day and 50s at night in Zion which I'm not complaining about!

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Hi,

Today was a rest day. It was raining here all day. I strained a muscle in my back, put a ICY/HOT pad on it, alleve and it is helping.

Belinda - I hope you are ok, can't imagine what you and your family are going through.

Melissa - Nice work with ICE LIS & abs. DH & I were on our way to FL last year, he had a cough & I had congestion for less than a day. We not sure if we had Covid, if we did we are lucky. I'll be curious if one day they understand it better because it doesn't seem the same in everyone.

Waves hi to Cookie

Thanks for all the prayers. Sorry for not checking in. I haven't slept in 2 day's. I am on the phone with my family in Germany. My nephew isn't doing so well. He found his sister lying in her bed. He is completely in shock. My sister and BIL are getting an autopsy, they have to know why she passed so young. My BIL thinks it can take up a few weeks to get the results. I was very close to my niece. Her and I talked hours on the phone. My niece made plans to visit me next year. I am trying and figuring out when DH, DD and I fly for the funeral. My nephew is planning to came and visit me after the funeral. He need a break. I check on him around the clock. I am very happy he is open up to me.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside before the rain. We celebrated DH's birthday with DS's. It seems like younger ds is liking living with his gf.

Belinda - I've been thinking about you, take care of yourself. It must be so difficult to understand. I think results from an autopsy can help them with their grief. It is so nice your nephew is opening up to you. It would be very good for him to visit you and get a break.

Waves hi to Cookie & Melissa

Good morning,

I did FUEL Series 30 Min SUPERSET QUADS Workout - Dumbbells | Day 16.

Debbie - thank you! Yes, the results will help my sister, BIL and nephew with their grief. I am talking to my nephew a few times a day to make sure he is ok. I feel so bad for him. He can't get the images out of his head. My heart is breaking for him and my family. Happy birthday to your DH. I hope you had a lot of fun.

Waving Hi to Cookie and Melissa.

I have a PT appointment this afternoon.

Have a great day and workout.

Hi everyone! Today was my own leg program and then a quick 25 min walk break during the day.

Debbie, ugh I'm sorry you strained your back. How is it feeling now? Hope you had a great time with the birthday celebrations yesterday! Sounds fun!

Belinda, OMG I can't even imagine what you and your family are going through, especially your nephew. It will probably be good for him to visit you for a few days to get a change of scenery; he is lucky to have you! What a horrible tragedy. I hope that you are able to get some rest soon

Waving hi to Cookie.

Evening! Got in a walk today. My cousin passed from pancreatic cancer, so lots of family visiting.

Deb, what a nice celebration for your dh. Glad your sons are doing well and are happy. How's your back doing?

Belinda, I'm so sorry. That must e so hard. Please take care of yourself.

Melissa, I haven't had Covid either! The weather in Zion sounds perfect.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside in between the rain. Our dog friend (on our walk path) who usually waits under a tree for us, will sometimes look out the window when she is not outside & looks so excited seeing us.

My back is much better, but taking it easy.

Belinda - It's good that you were able to get your workout in. It is so nice of you to be there for your nephew.

Cookie - Sorry about your cousin passing:( it must be difficult.

Melissa - Nice leg workout & walk:)

'Evening! Got in another walk. Have a book club meeting tomorrow and I'm on page 4 out of 325! Not sure why I take on so many things...

Deb, that so cute. How nice that you are one of the highlights of the dog's day. Glad your back is better.

Belinda, like Deb, I'm also glad you got your workout in and are supporting your nephew. You both need it.

Melissa, how are you doing?

Good evening,

I walked this morning and did Fuel Day 17 UB.

I am up since 2 am. I am tired. I will catch up in the morning.

Good night.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside between rainfall. I scheduled to have my refrigerator picked up and they never showed:(. They called later in the evening and said they worked too many hours today.

Tomorrow we are leaving for FL. My SIL is there and her area has problems empty food stores and gas lines. We are told our area is not affected. We get there on Thursday night so will see.

Belinda - Good workouts! Hopefully you get a good night sleep and sleep in.

Cookie - Nice walk! I went for the 1st time last month to our neighborhood book club. They say you don’t have to read it and you can just come. I bet you can find a summary online if you want LOL.

Waves hi to Melissa

Evening,

I walked today and did Fuel Day 18 LB.

My sister finally got the results from the autopsy. The pulmonary embolism caused my niece to have a heart attack :( I still can't believe it. So sad. I will find out more about when the funeral is. My niece is getting cremated. Yesterday I talked to my sisters mother in law she is 85. I always been very close to her. She didn't know until yesterday her grandchild passed. She was very close to her grand child. The mother in law is very sick at the moment. They all were afraid she would get a heart attack once she finds out. They had a doctor came to her house and gave her a meds and shots to calm her down. When I called all she did is cry :( It's so much going on. I am only here to listen and let everyone cry. It's tearing me up.

Debbie - I got a little sleep last night. I hope you get your refrigerator soon.

Waving Hi to Cookie and Melissa.

Good night.

'Evening! Another walk and stretching today.

Deb, hope you have a safe drive. Are you bringing along water and food? I actually did get the book read and enjoyed it. The group gets me to read books I don't know about and/or would not have considered reading.

Belinda, I can't imagine what your family and you are going through. Hope you get some rest and are taking care of yourself.

Melissa, hope all is well with you.

Good evening,

Today was a rest day from Fuel.
I am in DC watching Cooper my DD‘s dog.I totally forgot about watching him.

i will try to catch up on personal tomorrow.

Hi,

The last 2 were travel days in the car not many steps. We arrived at dinner time. The drive was ok but like all travel not the easiest. Some traffic but lots of volume so many trucks on the road too. The GPS took us on roads to avoid Orlando to me it seemed better, but for DH he has to shift so too much stop and go for him.

Belinda - It must be tough being a shoulder to lean on when you are grieving too. It sounds like you and your family are close and lucky to have each other. Hopefully watching Cooper will keep your mind off of things.

Cookie - Nice walk! I bring some water and snacks but we stop to eat when we get gas so we can move around. We actually didn’t drink enough water because we both felt dehydrated. I agree the book club gets me to read books I normally wouldn’t.

Waves hi to Melissa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.