Commit to get Fit & Lean January 2016 - 2023

Good morning! Our cat Luna decided she wanted to play at 3:30 this morning and was running around meowing and pawing at our bed for 30 min until she got tired. Meanwhile, our older cat Frogger just laid in bed with us and couldn't be bothered haha. Today's workout will be PHA 2 with abs; IDK why I hate doing abs so much! Then my fiance and I are going on the search for new phones and a joint phone plan I'm also not a huge fan of phone shopping!

Debbie, I was thinking the same thing about turning the heat on! It's not "that" cold out yet but yesterday I was in full gear: fuzzy socks & sweats. I do love this weather though! And my favorite season of all: Halloween season!!

Belinda, my fiance gives me the hurricane report every day for some reason lol; his parents are in NC and they might get hit with this storm. I'm so sorry you're having so much knee pain and going through so much with the autoimmune disease. Autoimmune stuff is crazy and not many doctors are up to speed on diagnoses, so I am glad you found Walter Reed cuz they are an amazing facility that is up to date on latest research and methods. I think PT is a good idea! Your ortho is fancy with Starbucks in there! How do you like Invisalign? I just got done with mine in the winter and I am amazed at the results; I haven't had straight teeth since I was a teenager and then they shifted cuz I never wore my retainer Happy belated gotcha day to Sadie!

Waving hi to Cookie!

Enjoy your Saturday, everyone!

Hi,

Today I walked and did Fuel Day 9 Full Body Giant Sets. Glad I didn't push it yesterday after the shots. My knees feel a lot better today. Almost no pain. That's good. I am still going to be carful for the next few day's.

Melissa - like you said autoimmune diseases can be crazy. I have my share with RP over the last few years. My doctor believes I have RP for many years, it's been misdiagnosed for almost 10 years. I was told I have sinus/ear infections. I seen ENT's in Germany and US. The disease is so rare, that many doctors are not aware of it. Luckily, my doctors goes to NIH for resource over there. The doctor at NIH, she has also RP. When I was hospitalized I seen hundreds of doctors, they all were at a lost why after 7 day's around the clock on an antibiotic IV's my ear didn't show improvement. Not to mention, I told every doctor that came to see me antibiotic never worked on me. I also was getting very sick from the IV's antibiotics. On day 7 my now Rheumatologist walked in the room, from far away he said you have RP. Of course, I had no clue what he was talking about. I googled RP that evening. DH did not wanted to me look up the disease. That day, he put me on high doses of prednisone to bring down the inflammation in my ear (of the cartilage). I been flaring up for over a year with RP, I am on high doses of prednisone ever since. The goal is to get me into remission. God knows, I need a break. I had 3 full covid vaccines, I had very bad flair ups. I can't get any covid booster shots for that reason. I have to be very careful, I always mask up around people. I just got the evershield antibody instead of the booster. I am also on a few immune depressed meds, one is a chemo one. I have an amazing team of doctors. I am very lucky, especially for my Rheumatologist. My Rheumatologist, NIH and Penn university they all work together to find the right treatment that works for me. Like, I mention before their are no approved meds for PR. It's a trial and error. I share my story about RP openly so it doesn't happened to someone else. So many people get diagnosed when it's too late.

My Ortho is very fancy, they are the #1 in the area. I do have to drive over an hour to see her when they call me in. I was giving a 3D scanner it's called smile doctors, I scan my teeth/Invisalign once a week, in my case on Monday's. A team is monitor and alert me if there is a problem with my teeth/gums. They sent me a message to move on to the next aligner. Well, I am in treatment with Invisalign for almost 4.5 years. I had a Orthodontist in the town where I live, she had zero clue what she was doing. My teeth were not straight and she dismissed me with all the attachments in my mouth. That is how I found my new Orthodontist, she is amazing. I haven't been in the office since they gave me the scanner. I am running low on aligners, I called the lady that oversees my treatment plan. She scheduled another scan on Friday. I have to go back next month to get rescanned plus pick up more aligners. Long story short, I haven't been in the office since Jan, I had no idea my Ortho had a baby. She should be in the office in a few month. I will tell you another day,what happened to the old Ortho. I spent over 7 thousand on the treatment, she spread up my teeth. I am not happy or over this one. I had to spend another 5 to fix what she screwed up. Like you, I had crowding nothing else. I am used to Invisalign. I am glad yours went well. How long did you had Invisalign? Have fun with PHA 2 today.

Waving Hi to Debbie and Cookie.

I will be back tomorrow.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside. I was dressed too warm for the walk, it is cooler in the house than outside. DH did put the heat on last night for a little bit. My final electric bill this summer (they estimated for 2 months) was so high:mad:. DH said it was because it was record breaking heat here in NJ.

Belinda - Nice Fuel workout! Too funny about a Starbucks in your Ortho's office, the staff must be buzzing LOL. How long do the shots last? I'm sure it is so painful. I have been hearing about more success stories with knee surgeries. I hope you will get some relief from the shots. I can't believe it's been a year since you adopted Sadie:) I'm sure she is so happy to have you as her Mom.

Melissa - Hope you had fun with PHA2 workout! I'm not a big fan of doing abs except I do like to do planks. You and your fiance are much calmer than DH & I would be if our pet woke us up LOL. Hmm, I don't like cold but I do like fuzzy socks, sweats & sweaters;) I like all the Halloween food, decorations but wouldn't do a Haunted House or Fright Feast. I'm guessing you love that (my SILs do too).

Waves hi to Cookie

Goodnight:)

Good morning! Today is errands and cleaning so probably no formal workout for me. Though cleaning the bathroom always seems to be a workout in and of itself. The phone adventure took FIVE hours yesterday between switching my fiance over from another carrier, getting new phones, wiping out old ones: craziness.

Belinda, yay I'm glad your knees are feeling better! Giving them a break is probably a good idea. I am not familiar with RP until now, so I can't imagine everything you've been through over the last decade trying to get answers. Thank you for sharing all of this info, it's very helpful! I hope you find relief soon from this, it sounds very hard. UGH I am so sorry your first ortho was a mess. I don't understand how people like this work in healthcare?!?! I guess you have bad providers in every profession but still, I can't believe she discharged you still with equipment in your mouth! UGH. I had my aligners for 2 years and now I wear the nighttime retainer...which I am making SURE to wear cuz I don't want to do this again lol.

Debbie, our final bill was insane too! Electric has gotten crazy in pricing and it's annoying that you can't shop around to choose your company. I honestly think ours is taking advantage of their customers. The state actually got involved because there have been so many problems with price gouging and just shady practice. We'll see if anything happens. I actually do like planks too, that's probably it. And YES, I love anything haunted! My fiance does not so I'm usually on my own for those things.

Cookie, hope you're enjoying your weekend! I'm making sauce today but unfortunately not with fresh tomatoes since we don't have enough.

Hi,

I am home. We took the dogs for a long walk this morning. DD has a very nice bike/walking trail near by. I also did FUEL Series 30 Min HARD 'N HIGHER Intensity Workout | Day 10. I love her workouts.

Debbie - the Ortho was in the Starbucks ordering a cold brew. I was like I want one too. Wasn't too bad. I don't like sugary drinks. I had it without it, was very good. I was buzzing too afterwards, lol. I also had a cold green tea. DH didn't wanted anything. I would say the shots last a few month. I can't remember, I believe I had the last one maybe 5 month ago? I workout every day and I walk every day, it probably doesn't last that long. I been having problems with my knees for weeks. I already feeling so much better from the shots. I can't believe it's been a year we adopted Sadie. I feel like I had her forever. Sorry about your electric bill. The prices went up everywhere. Biden is pushing for electric cars, lol. I heard in CA they can't even plug in their cars, lol.

Melissa - I don't want anyone going through what I went through with RP. Nobody knows what RP is, not even most doctors. It's so rare, they don't know. I had no clue I had a no cure autoimmune disease until I was hospitalized. I always was told I had an ear/sinus infection. The only problem I had was NO antibiotics worked on me. I always thought I was antibiotics resistance. I even told all the doctors in the hospital, lol. Thank you! I hope I get a break soon. I need one, lol. I try to stay positive with all this. My new Ortho couldn't believe that she left all the attachments in my mouth either. She took them off once I signed the contract with her. I also have a recording from my old Ortho (she recorded me and I recorded her) saying there isn't anything she can do, I should except the way my teeth are. The picture in the Invisalign book are all models. People really don't get those results. Can't you believe this? I have it all on recording too. I payed for the nighttime retainer, didn't get one either. I had Invisalign involved when this all happened. It was a nightmare. She also had a 100% Guarantee Satisfaction. Glad yours worked out. By the time I am done, I am 5 years in. I also didn't know their is a star rating with Invisalign. My new one is Diamond, my old one was only a gold. You really have to do your homework.

Hi Cookie!

Off to get something done around my house. I will be back tomorrow.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside & a trip to the Farmer's Market. I really need to go with a list or check the refrigerator before I leave LOL.

Belinda - Nice walk & Fuel workout for you! It's great that the shots work quickly. I agree I try an order drinks not too sweet, the green tea is good.

Melissa - Cleaning is a workout:) I don't remember how long it took to get our phones but 5 hours is long. It's been a couple of years since I upgraded but still loving the camera & memory. I agree how is it possible that we can't shop around for our utilities:rolleyes:

Waves hi to Cookie

Good morning,

Walk and Fuel Week 3 Day 11 LB is done.

Debbie - I don't like too sugary things. Defiantly not in my drinks. I drink my coffee without sugar or milk. I also need to check my fridge before I go shopping. I always forget what I already have.

Waving Hi to Cooke and Melissa.

I will try to check in later. Did you see the pictures that Cathe posted for her new STS on FB? Looks pretty good.

Hi everyone! Stacked Lower Body and Extended Stretch done. I had a couple of virtual clients this morning and that's about it; Mondays are usually not client-facing days but I might start opening them to virtual appointments only. I keep playing with my schedule to find the best fit and keep changing my mind about all of it lol.

Belinda, i don't really enjoy sugary drinks either unless we are talking about a milkshake! I also hope you get a break from all of this stuff. It's great that you're staying positive! That Invisalign experience you had is crazy!!!!! I think even when you do a ton of research, you can still get stuck w a dud of a product/procedure. UGH. Nice workout today! I saw some of the pics from the new series; I told myself I'm not gonna buy it cuz I have so many workouts but I know I will lol.

Debbie, hahahah shopping without a list is dangerous! I do the same thing. Once we had like 3 bottles of BBQ sauce cuz I could never remember if we needed it.

Waving hi to Cookie!

'Evening! Sorry, it has been very busy here with visitors. Yesterday dh and I got in a walk, and today another w/a friend.

Deb, I'm with you and Belinda on preferring not sweet drinks. Now salty things - that's another matter!

Belinda, those photos are tempting! I'm still holding firmly to sitting on the fence.

Melissa, tomato season is too short!

Hi,

Today was a walk outside & Gym Style Legs.

Today we received an email from the FL condo manager to bring in the outdoor furniture. Later in the day an evacuation notice to leave by 6pm tonight. We have a chair & lounge chair on the deck. DH wanted to bring them in before we left in April, but I said they were dirty. A mistake on my part, we pay the maintenance man to do small things for us, but there wasn't enough time to ask. I'm sure most people are in the same situation as us. It is a barrier island so I don't think evacuation is easy.

Years ago at a NJ Roadtrip I met a Cathlete and she lived near Tampa and said it was a nightmare when you needed to evacuate the barrier islands. I'm worried about our neighbor in FL because she had a heart attack last year and this stress is not good for her:( My fingers crossed everyone will be safe and it stays in the water.

Belinda - Nice workouts! Smartest thing you did was to cancel FL vacation. I thought it would be more of a tropical storm. It could be the worse hurricane they have had in 100 years for Tampa. DH brought up a good point that there wouldn't be any food or supplies in the stores either.

Cookie - I thought you would have lots of visitors the next 2 months. It is a nice time to be in the Northeast:)

Melissa - Nice Stacked lb workout! One of the positives of Covid, virtual appointments. It drives my DH crazy that I rearrange my schedule. He does not like to change his schedule/appointments.

Good morning! Today was Stacked Upper Body. My arms feel like jello! I might get a walk in after my morning clients/before my afternoon peeps start.

Cookie, tomato season IS too short! We still have little ones coming in for some reason. It's like the never ending plant: not that I'm complaining about it!

Debbie, we were watching evacuation videos of FL this morning. A lot of food and supplies are gone from the shelves. Hoping that your neighbor and all family/friends are safe and this storm isn't too bad. Yes, COVID brought many people online which is great! Fortunately I was doing telehealth before COVID even became a thing, so when it was time to go all virtual, I was already setup and didn't have too much of a crazy transition. I do enjoy not having to leave my house lol.

Belinda, I know it stinks but I am honestly very happy you decide to postpone your FL trip!

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning,

Fuel Day 12 UB is done. Instead of using DB's I used my BB. Much better for my shoulder.

Debbie - we rescheduled our FL to Oct. Hopefully things will calm down. So sorry about the girl from the RT. Fingers crossed everyone is safe. Nice workouts yesterday.

Cookie - hope you had fun with your visitors. I also like salty things. LOL, I know I will regret not getting the new workouts. I am a little on the fence after reading Melissas and your response, lol. I agree, I have so many DVD's sitting around. I have to see how much they will cost and wait for clips. Maybe just do OnDemand instead? It's probably cheaper just getting the downloads? LOL!

Melissa - it kinda stinks! My suitcase is almost packed for FL. I will not unpack it until I know for sure we are not going in Oct. Good job on the Stacked Upper Body. Once I am done with Caroline I will do all my Cathe's workouts again. Maybe I sign up for CL again?

Good job ladies.

'Evening! The weather reports are frightening! Got in a lunchtime walk today.

Deb, yes, we'll have a lot of visitors the next few months. Hope things will be okay with your condo and your neighbors. You should sleep good after those two workouts.

Belinda, I'm also relieved that your trip was postponed. Do you use your dvds or streaming more? Since I really like streaming, I'll probably stick with OnDemand.

Melissa, you're smart to have been online before Covid. That jello arm feeling is awesome!

Hi,

Today was a walk outside, really nice out! I did Gym Style Shoulders, bi's & tri's. I went to have dinner with my Mom, she is doing good. The maintenance man in FL was very helpful, they allowed him back to finish up work. He brought in our furniture and helped others. Parking is underneath the building but they have a second level so they bring any remaining cars to that floor. The news reports are scary.

Thank you for your well wishes:)

Belinda - Good idea to use the barbell for your shoulder. Let's hope not too much damage to FL and you could go. My Dad (lives on East Coast of FL) he said when they had a bad hurricane about 20 years ago the power was out for 10-14 days. He had a small generator but it only works some small appliances. He thinks they have made improvements to the electric grid to get things repaired quicker.

Cookie - Nice day for a walk:)

Melissa - Sounds like a good upper body workout! That is great that you were ahead with telehealth. You avoided so much stress of setting it up.

'Evening! Did a shorter work today, my foot and calf are bothering me, so decided to take it a bit easier. Got in an upper body wo. This storm is just horrible.

Deb, glad the maintenance man was able to get your stuff indoors and help others.

Belinda, hope you took a rest day - you need one.

Melissa, do you follow a rotation or how do you decide what to do?

Hi,

Today was a walk outside & zoom yoga. It was my DH's birthday today. It was just the 2 of us and I made him dinner. It was quiet but nice. We will celebrate with the boys on Sunday.

Belinda - Nice Fuel workout & walk:)

Cookie - It's good you are resting your foot and calf. I know the storm is so bad. The news said in the morning they will have a better idea of damage. We are trying to check the camera in the condo but it is going working on and off. We have found some hotel webcams nearby and it is interesting to look at them.

Waves hi to Melissa

Good morning,

Today is a rest day from Fuel. DH and I plan on a small road trip today.

Debbie - Happy birthday to your DH. I am sure he appreciates a nice quite dinner with you, Praying you and the rest of FL don't have a lot of damage from the hurricane. Nice walk and zoom yoga yesterday.

Cookie - sorry about your foot and ankle. Are you in PT for your foot? I agree the storm is horrible. It's very cold and windy here. I hope everyone is safe in FL.

Melissa - have fun with your workout today.

Have a wonderful day and workout.

Good morning! Yesterday was a rest day; I needed to sleep in desperately and then Wednesdays are my late days so I didn't get home until 7. Not sure what I will do today: probably cardio and abs (abs: BLEH). My fiance found out this AM that a client he was working with yesterday just tested + for COVID Thankfully they were all wearing masks. REALLY hoping we don't get this thing Especially cuz our Zion trip is in 3 weeks.

Belinda, hopefully things will be better for your trip in Oct. I still haven't totally decided on the new series; I'll prob wait to see how much it is too. I did just buy PHA 3 cuz there was a deal on it...not that I need it lol. How was your day trip?

Cookie, how is your foot/calf feeling? The storm is absolutely awful. I'm not following a rotation now: I just have a general goal which is 3 strength training days, 2-3 cardio, and a flexibility/mobility day. Rotations generally don't work well for me cuz I don't like being told what to do lol.

Debbie, I'm glad the maintenance guy was able to bring your stuff in. Hopefully nothing gets damaged and all your neighbors are ok. It's crazy what this storm is doing. Happy birthday to your DH! It sound like you had a nice time together.

Have a great day everyone!

I will be done with Fuel in 3 weeks. I am plan on starting STS 3.5 month rotation on Oct 24. Anyone what's to join?

Melissa - we will leave shortly.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.