Commit to get Fit & Lean January 2016 - 2023

Good morning,

RWH CST is done. I don't know any of those dr. One is for an RP study in Penn Uni. The other is for a test for my lower airway function. Nice job on your walk and yoga.

Cookie - have a great workout today.

Have a great day and workout.

'Evening! Had to take a rest day, too much going on. Work meetings, take uncle to dr, meetings, and then my niece and her dh came by and just left. It was great visiting with them.

Deb, a new kitchen will definitely improve cooking skills, but I'm not sure yours can get better. My dh is so happy to play with his various tools/toys that he really now enjoys it - and it works very well for me. Praised him to my niece and her dh tonight and he was beaming like a lightbulb!

Belinda, I agree with Deb, it's worth the travel for a good dr. Hope they are able to give you some answers and good advice.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside & a full body weights at the gym. Another bad storm here, I feel like we live in Florida. The good thing is everything is green and the storm is quick.

Belinda - It should be interesting to do the study. I'm guessing it is helpful for you as well as the Dr.'s.

Cookie - You had a full day today! At least you ended with a nice visit with your niece and her DH. It's great that you praise your DH, I often think it but don't say it.

Goodnight:)

Hi everyone,

My husbands cousin beat brain cancer over a year go. He was doing fine until a few day's ago, now he is in hospice. DH and I been trying to fly, which was a disaster with the airlines. Just to keep it short, there wasn't a direct flight. Too many layovers. DD was suppose to fly in yesterday. DH and I been watching her dog, her flight got canceled. She was told due to weather. Go figure! She got stranded at the airport in NY got a fight out this morning. DH and I thought we surprise DD and dropped her dog off, she called up while we drove in our driveway :( We didn't had a choice to turn around and stay with Cooper. DH and I are packing our stuff than we heading to Kansas City. My husband was very close to his cousin. We always did things together. It's so sad! My heart is broken. I didn't sleep much last night. We didn't get to bed until 12:30 am. His cousin almost didn't make it last night. I hope we still can see him. The drive is about 14 hours. I will check in when I can.

I will catch up later or tomorrow on personals.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside. We are going to get a bite to eat tonight.

Belinda - Hugs ((()))). My thoughts are with you, hoping you make it to Kansas City. Wishing you the best and safe travels.

Waves hi to Cookie

BBT

Hi,

Today was a walk outside, it was a nice day here!

Belinda - I hope all is working out for you.

Cookie - Hopefully your weekend isn't too crazy.

Hi everyone, DH cousin passed away last night. I am glad after 16 hours drive we still got to see his cousin and be with him until the end. My heart is broken. I had Sadie with me the entire time. She was crying when he passed away she knew before we all realized it. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers! I have no idea how long we will stay. Family still flying in :(

Hi,

Today was a walk outside, it was a nice day here.

Belinda - So sorry about your loss. My thoughts are with you, DH and your family. I'm happy to hear after a long drive you were able to see him until the end. It's funny how dogs are so intuitive, it's so good that you have her for comfort too. How was she for the car ride?

Cookie - I hope you were able to relax this weekend.

'Evening! Sorry, we had visitors this weekend, and really it was nonstop. Now my dh has decided we should redo that bedroom. It's the only room we haven't done anything to, but he made a new bed and wants to put it in that room. So, we took the other bed apart, and that made a huge mess b/c we had to cut the king-mattress apart since, we couldn't get it downstairs w/o doing so. Then he got this crazy idea that we could remove the wallpaper, scrape, sand and paint the room this week, before the round of visitors arrive. We did get down a couple of layers to the original wallpaper, and it looks pretty. But scrubbing wallpaper was my workout today.

Deb, the weather has been crazy, and we're having more mosquitoes than in past years. What did you eat when you went out?

Belinda, I'm so sorry to hear about your dh's cousin, but am very glad you were able to get there in time.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside. My neighbor's daughter (zoom Hawaii teacher) is home for a week. She is teaching yoga on her parents deck about 4 times this week. Tonight was 1st class the weather was nice and the class was good. DH entertains her Dad on our deck LOL.

Belinda - My thoughts are with you and your family.

Cookie - Wow, you and your DH are ambitious! It must have been fun to see the different styles of wallpaper. I had homemade pasta with shrimp & broccoli rabe. DH teases me because everytime I hear something is homemade I want it (especially pasta or dessert). I think sometimes it is not LOL. Also if a movie is a true story, I really want to see it.

'Evening! Did Cathe's yoga today and it felt good.

Deb, homemade pasta! OMG! I bet that was good. What kind? And with shrimp and broccoli rabe - yum! Bet you felt good after that yoga class. We got it down to the original in almost all of the room. One portion didn't come off as well, so we're going to patch and paint that part.

Belinda, thinking of you and yours.

Hi,

Today I did Boss Bands Glutes floorwork only. Last minute 2 of my SILs and I decided to go to the beach. It was a nice day. It wasn't crowded and not too hot.

Waves hi to Belinda

Cookie - Yoga sounds good:) The pasta was cavetelli. I wonder if you will have more visitors this year because people are making up for lost time.

Hi,

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers! DH and I came home early this morning. I am beat from the drive, I ended up taking a nice nap. I am still tired. I will rest today and see how I feel tomorrow. I am glad to be home. I have a doc appointments tomorrow and Friday.

I will try to catch up on personals tomorrow. I am exhausted.

'Evening! Tried a short walk today. It was pretty level ground and only about a mile, but my foot and leg are okay. Definitely need to avoid inclines.

Deb, how did you learn to make cavatelli? My mom had no interest in cooking, so I never learned cooking from her. We used to tease her that she's the reason tv dinners and microwaves were invented! She had other talents though. Going to the beach must have been heavenly.

Belinda, rest. Glad you made it home safe and sound. It is emotionally and physically draining.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside & deck yoga at my neighbors. It was a nice day in the shade LOL.

Belinda - I'm sure the visit took it's toll on the both of you. Taking it easy and rest up.

Cookie - I'm happy to hear you feel ok after your walk. It will be worth it to take it easy and listen to your body. I'm sorry I get homemade pasta when we go out to eat. Along time ago I took a pasta making class, she used a pasta machine. For the longest time, I wanted one but just thought it would be too much work and collect dust.

'Evening! Took a rest day. Yesterday finally got my second shingles shot, and I'm feeling like I've got a bit of the flu, which is to be expected.

Deb, yoga on the deck sounds great! I've made speatzle but that's the only noodle, I've ever tried.

Belinda, hope you're resting up, and you and your dh are doing alright.

Hi,

I am still very tired from 18 hour drive. We took a few breaks to walk Sadie and stretch my legs. My knees are so swollen from the endless driving. I will continue with Cathe's May rotation next week, I already missed too may day's. I took it easy today, I did SBF Bounce Cardio plus seat.

Debbie - the visit and driving 16 hour there and 18 hour back took a toll on me. I slept like a baby yesterday. I also took a nap, which I never do.

Cookie - I hope you feel better after the Shingle shot. DH and I are doing fine. Thank you.

I have an very early pulmonary appointment tomorrow morning. I will not check in until later in the evening.

Hi,

Today was a rest day. We went back to our old neighborhood which doesn't feel safe anymore. We went by the water/beach area about 20 minutes away and it was much better. We didn't go to the beach but ate at a restaurant on the water where we could see bridges, trains and planes go by. It was a nice day.

Belinda - It's good you are catching up on your rest. I'm sure the driving was tough it does make you so tired. It sounds like Sadie was good. Good luck with your appointment tomorrow.

Cookie - It was hot & humid here today so I enjoyed a rest day too:)

Hi,

Today was a walk outside & STS total body at the gym. We are going to grab a bite to eat.

Waves hi to Belinda & Cookie

Hi,

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. I fell asleep early. I am so tired. I don't know what hit me? Anyway, I did managed to walk yesterday. I did Jessica Smith new 5K walk. I was surprised, I actually got a good workout in today.

Debbie - STS TB is on next weeks's Cathe rotation. Great job!

Cookie - feeling any better after your shot?

Have a great Saturday.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.