Commit to get Fit & Lean January 2016 - 2023

Hi,

Today was a walk outside. I did some research on appliances, lots of sales, so need to make up my mind LOL. They already said a lot of items not in stock.

Belinda - Sounds like a nice place to take a walk. I love walking with a view of water. Does the Vita-Mix break a lot? It sounds like they are good with repairing it.

Waves hi to Cookie & Kristin

Goodnight:)

Good morning,

Body Fit by Amy D2 32 Minute No Repeat Dumbbell HIIT is done.

Sorry no time for personals today. I will check in later. I have to get ready for PT. BBL

'Evening! Today was yoga and Essentrics. Yesterday was a walk, but boy it was cold out.

Deb, are you looking at larger appliances for your kitchen as part of the remodel? It can be so confusing w/so many choices. I'm beyond aggravated with KitchenAid. I ordered a mixer as a gift on October 4th. It arrived the next day! Broke two days in, and they told the recipient they would ship out a replacement one. Waited 30 days, and asked what's going on. No answer. Waited multiple times on the phone for over an hour w/o anyone picking up. Unanswered emails and chats. I want a refund, and I swear I will never buy another appliance from them. Sorry for venting, but tried another emailing and calling again today so it's real fresh on my mind. Plus I didn't have a mixer for Thanksgiving, since I loaned the recipient mine.

Belinda, you are so good at getting those workouts in. I have a Cuisinart 14 cup. What's up with your Vitamix? Have had mine for about 10 years and use it regularly with no problem.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside & zoom yoga. It is cold out, snow flurries but TG not sticking.

Belinda - Good luck with your PT appointment.

Cookie - Nice workouts! It is frustrating, I’m guessing too late to get your credit card involved? Since we are not doing a full renovation, I am limited to the existing spaces/sizes of appliances fitting in the cabinets. We also have a downdraft stovetop and only 2 choices are available but out of stock. I have 1 or 2 choices in the size refrigerator I can fit. If we were staying, priority would be a bigger refrigerator even if it meant giving up cabinet space, LOL now I’m venting;)

HI everyone,

I did Amy's D3 30 Minute Cardio Pyramid Stack Workout is done. The CT scan called while I was working out, a lot of people canceled today. They want me to try to come in early.

Debbie - my PT was good yesterday. She showed me more modification for my shoulder/biceps without a lot of weights. I would go with a bigger refrigerator too. When ours broke during covid, they were out of the bigger ones. I needed one we ended up taking a smaller size one. I regretted since. No, the vita mix doesn't break a lot. I wasn't using it, ended up returning it. Once I started using it, I loved it. I thought I didn't needed an expensive blender.

Cookie - I bought a small Cuisinart one too. My old one was amazing. The new one isn't the same quality. It doesn't seem like it has a lot of power. Maybe I need to return that one to Costco? I returned the Vita Mix, I wasn't using it. Once I started using it, I loved it. If mine breaks I would buy another one the next day.

I will try to catch up later.

'Evening! Had one of those crazy days and wasn't able to get a workout in. Guess I'll count it a a rest day.

Deb, after waiting an hour online finally got a person today. They offered to send me a replacement mixer, then a credit from them, and then a refund check in 4 - 6 weeks. I insisted I wanted a credit on my credit card, but that took another 45 minutes before they agreed. Honestly, I'm so frustrated with KitchenAid. They asked if I bought it from a store, no right from their site with the order number given. Ugh. It was a pain and took an incredible long time. Anyway, we have a counter-depth fridge (definitely not KitchenAid!), and its smaller than what we had before, but it works for us. We have a separate small stand-up freezer that came with the house. In our garage with have our older fridge, but don't use in the winter due to temp instability in the unheated garage. It is our beverage fridge.

Belinda, I love my Vitamix also. How are you doing with the Instant Pot? Did you make it in to get the scan today?

Hi,

Today was a cold walk outside. I decided to wait on the refrigerator and keep looking. I only found 1 that would work it came in stainless steel. I have that now but a PIA to keep clean. Since work can’t be done until Jan or Feb. I’m hoping more choices pop up. I did order a new dishwasher since my current one not working.

Belinda - Nice workout! It’s great your PT shows you modifications. I’m wondering if people are canceling because of the holidays or new variant.

Cookie - Your patience paid off. It does sound crazy they wouldn’t offer better customer service, especially since you bought from them directly:rolleyes:

Hi everyone,

Today I did D3 of Amy's xmas challenge. It was. strength with mobility. I really like her workouts.

Debbie - I think it was due to the holiday's. The military hospital has strict protocol for covid. I feel very safe going to all my appointments. The girl that did my CT scan opened the door. I hear you on stainless steal. I bought the one what isn't to hard to clean. Payed a little more. Did you look in Costco.com? My microwave went out yesterday. I am debating if I want another one? I only have space on the counter top. Wished I could give up a kitchen cabinets. It takes up so much counter space. Yes, I made the CT scan yesterday. My appointment wasn't until 7:30 pm. They called yesterday to see if I wanted to come in earlier, glad I did.

Cookie - I love the insta Pot. Everything is quick, plus I don't have to stand by the stove baby-sitting the pot. I use the Insta pot quit a bit lately. Glad you finally got someone one the phone. Customer services isn't what it used to be these day's. I buy everything at Costco. No hassle, no questions ask. Plus, you get extended warranty if you use their credit card. Sorry you had to go through so much trouble.

Have a great day and workout everyone. Today is my anniversary!!

'Evening! Today ended up being another rest day. I'm swamped trying to catch up on work after the holiday.

Deb, do you find it almost overwhelming having to make all those decisions? I sure did! we have a SS appliances in the kitchen. They're slate and easy to clean. i always look for easy!

Belinda, glad you made it in for testing. I love m Instant Pot also! One of my sisters says I should get a commission from them. You should get one from Costco!

Hi,

Today was a walk outside & upper body at the gym.

Belinda - It’s funny I didn’t know Christmas workouts existed, until you posted a few years ago that you do them:). It’s funny I didn’t even think about Costco! I will check it out.

Cookie - It’s good to take rest days. Interesting I never heard of slate appliances. It is tiring to make decisions, and it’s not like I have choices. I’m just going to have to go with it at some point.

Hi,

I did D4 of the HiiT challenge. It was a barre/mobility workout.

Debbie - there area lot of Christmas workouts on YouTube. Lots of fun. I don't get any commission from Costco. I just love Costco, no hassle with returns.

Cookie - not sure why it took me that long to buy an insta pot. I should have bought one sooner. Hope your workout loads is better today.

Good night.

'Evening! Got in KPC- I love Cathe's kb workouts. Got in a short walk this morning also.

Deb, the selections can be overwhelming, particularly trying to find what will fit, what's available, and then prices! Our kitchen appliances are GE stainless steel with a slate finish, so they look matte gray. They're easy to keep clean, which was a huge priority for me. And we know I'm never going to replace them with KitchenAid! Did you get rain today? We just had a thunderstorm go thru. I was doing a meeting and was fearful power would go out. But, thankfully, it did not.

Belinda, was the barre/mobility workout another one by that Amy? I almost did a barre workout today. How's your shoulder doing? How do you manage to fit your workouts in with visitors? I find that hard to do.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside & butts & guts at the gym. I also cleared out the room where they are removing the rug. I didn’t realize how much stuff was in there. I like it better now LOL.

Belinda - Christmas workouts must be fun this time of year:) I was just thinking Cathe probably has some on Live. I know Costco does have the best return policy.

Cookie - Fun workout! I currently have a GE refrigerator and I like it. The only cooktop at this point is a KitchenAid or Jenn Air which is even more expensive! We have a downdraft instead of an over the stove vent. I thought about switching but that would probably cost more in the long run. We had rain/wind but moved out of here quickly.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside, not too bad the sun was out. They picked up the rug in our family room, it looks good but still needs refinishing after the holidays. The good news is I can get rid of the downdraft cooktop. We are going to grab a bite to eat tonight.

Have a great weekend:)

Hi,

Today was D5 of the Christmas Hiit with Amy. It was a BW workout with mobility in it. Really like her workouts. DD and I also went for a nice walk.

Debbie - Cathe has a few Live Christmas workouts. You should check them out. I am getting ready to get rid of my carpets in the house. We also getting ready to remodel our kitchen. We decided not to paint the kitchen cabinets instead of spending lots of $$$$. Enjoy your dinner,

Cookie - yes, the barre/mobility workout was by Amy. As long as, I am not doing anything crazy with my shoulder I am doing fine. Still keeping everything low impact/light weights. I try to get a workout in when my kids on a call meeting, which can take for hours. They take up all my kitchen island, it becomes their office. My son and his wife and my DD works from my kitchen. I just go to my basement while they are on a call meetings.

Good night.

Hi everyone,

Today I did BodyFit by Amy Live 35-Minute Dumbbell HIIT Workout. Lots of mobility thrown in there.
She didn't posted the workout until late this afternoon. Great workout.

Have a great evening.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside. I also started moving things around for the Christmas tree. We will go tomorrow. I’m worried because the guy we buy the Christmas tree will be asking about my in-laws since we bought them a tree every year. He knows about my FIL but not my MIL. Hopefully it won’t be too upsetting for DH.

Belinda - It sounds like fun workouts! It’s great that you work it out with the kids and office space;). It must be so nice for you to have them around this time of year.

Cookie - Hopefully not too many visitors for you this weekend:)

Good evening,

We took a walk outside today. It was very cold.

Tomorrow we drop off DS at the Airport. I will be back tomorrow.

Debbie - I have a huge kitchen island, they love using it for their calls/meeting. The downside I can't make any noises, lol. I do enjoy my kids. I plan on visiting my son in Feb, once I am vaccinated. Hopefully I am healthy enough to get the vaccine in Jan. Got my flu/pneumonia shot shot last week. Can you talk to the tree guy first before he ask questions?

Cookie and Kirstin - have a great evening.

I will be back tomorrow. Good night

'Evening! Sorry for not checking in the past two days. Friday there was a holiday parade, which goes past my house, which means I had visitors. Yesterday we went to NYC to see decorations and have lunch w/ds and dil. Great time. Over 10 miles of walking. Unfortunately, today I have a wicked cold and feel like slower than a sloth.

Deb, hope it went okay with getting the tree. It must be hard with the holidays - so many reminders. Are they already working on your kitchen?

Belinda, that's a good suggestion of providing a heads-up to the tree guy. I'm sure you had a great time with your ds and dil. Will you see them for the holidays? Gee, that's only in a couple of weeks.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside, not too cold. It's funny, I thought about going to see the tree guy. It worked out, he didn't come out and ask, but did ask how everything was. We were vague and it was all good. The tree stand didn't have many trees. He has called so many farms to get more and just can't. The prices are really high too. He thinks he will be sold out by either the end of the week or next weekend. He say's he feels so bad, because he doesn't know what to tell his regular customers when they come in and he doesn't have anything:(

Belinda - Nice walk! It must be sad to say goodbye, but it would be great if you go and visit them. Did you have any reaction from the flu shot?

Cookie - It must have been fun seeing the decorations in NYC. We were going to go but decided to go to Seneca Falls, NY. It is the "It's A Wonderful Life Festival". We are only able to go Tuesday night-Thursday, but looking forward to it. Have you ever heard or been there?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.