Commit to get Fit & Lean January 2016 - 2023

Hi,

Today was a walk outside. It was also the last day for one of our Farmer's Market. The other Farmer's Market will stay open 3 weeks in December. Last minute I decided to make my monthly sauce. I really didn't want to cook today and for Thanksgiving.

Belinda - Did your DS & DIL fly in today?

Cookie - I never thought the day would come, but I too like getting new appliances;) I see the robo vacuums advertised a lot. I just imagine it missing spots or just doing the same spot over and over. I guess since I don't own one, I really don't know:)

Goodnight:)

Good morning,

Sorry, I didn't check in yesterday. DS and DIL came yesterday. We ate dinner in DC than we all drove to WV. Stayed up late.

Debbie - I have and both both the Roomba w/the automatic dirt disposal & Mop when I started having lots of health problems last year. Love them both. They really clean well. I do once in while mop/vacuums my floors by hand. Life changing! My DD and DS both own the Roomba mop and vacuums. Both love it.

Cookie - did you buy a Roomba vacuums? After I bought one, my son ended up getting on. He loves it with his 3 dogs. You program it and it does everything for you. Best thing ever. Talk about technology, I just bought a insta pot. I cooked 2 meals yesterday in less than 16 min. Why didn't I buy one sooner?

I will be. back later to report what workout I did.

'Evening! Honestly, I spent the day on the computer, and just now finished up a project that was due today! i'm tired.

Deb, beet you miss getting the fresher vegetables during the winter. I know I do. We have a Roomba and love it. With the dogs, we claim it's a necessity. Yesterday picked up a Dyson cordless vacuum. It's so much easier to use than one with a cord.

Belinda, we have a Roomba and also love it. Glad you like yours also.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside & Gym Style Legs at the gym.

Belinda - Barlates sounds like a fun workout, does it have Christmas songs? I always wondered about the Roomba & Instapot. Hmm, now I have to look for some good deals around Christmas;)

Cookie - All day on the computer, can see why you are tired. At least the project is behind you. Do you wear blue light glasses? 2 good reviews for the Roomba!

Hi,

Day 2 Fitmas is done.

I have a PT appointment today.

Debbie - no, she doesn't play any Christmas songs. The workouts are fun and perfect for this week. I bought both my Roomba vacuums at Costco. They had the best deals at the time. Great job yesterday.

Cookie - my DD has a Dyson cordless vacuum, she loves it. I have a Central Vacuum system, it's a lot of cords schlepping around. We are getting ready to remove all the carpets in the house, I am sick of carpets. I love my Roomba especially since I don't have to change the dirt out every-time I vacuum. It does it all on it's own.

BBL

"Evening! Today's workout included sitting by 3.5 year old grandniece, dinner with my uncle and one of my sisters. Did manage to get in an ab workout, tho, and a few hours of work.

Deb, I should get blue-light glasses. Had a headache last night, and i think it was from the laptop screen. You are always so good at getting your workouts in. Very impressive. I LOVE my Instant Pot. Honestly, it's my favorite kitchen appliance, and I can't believe how much I use it. A few years ago we gave them to all our kids as gifts, and they now use and love theirs. They're very versatile, easy to use, and the pot can go in the dishwasher.

Belinda, as I mentioned above, I really like my Instant Pot. It's amazing how tech has changed appliances and our lives. How long will your ds and dil be visiting with you? Your Barlates wo sounds interesting.

Hi,

Today was a rest day, but lots of steps. I went to the mall & lunch with 2 of my SILS. It was empty, still haven't found any gifts, just some stocking stuffers.

Belinda - Sounds like fun workouts for you today.

Cookie - It sounds like you had a fun day visiting. Does the food in an Instant Pot come out like a slow cooker?

Good morning,

D3 Barlates Fitmas workout is done. Here is the link for all 5 workouts they are free on YT. I do own all 5 workouts. I stopped buying her workouts since she is posting them for free on YT.

Debbie - this year I started buying xmas gifts early. Hope you find something soon.

Cookie - I do like my Insta Pot. I own 2 pressure cookers and a slow cooker. It is amazing how Tech has changed appliance and our lives. DS/DIL will stay until Dec 6th.

I will try to check in later.

'Evening! Got in a walk. Was bundle up, so it wasn't bad. Managed to get some of the prep for tomorrow done today, and that feels good.

Deb, one of the functions is a slow cooker. It is also a pressure cooker, makes rice, yogurt, saute, and probably a few other things. I only use my slow cooker now if we're having a lot of people over and I need one more heat-source container. I've been ready to donate it a few times, but my dh keeps telling me we may need it at the holidays. We'll see if we use it in the next few weeks. I'm struggling to come up with gift ideas too.

Belinda, that will be so nice to have your darlings around that long. I always do better with a rotation. These sound interesting. I have a couple of her dvds but never did them.

Kristin, hope all is well.

Hope you all have a lovely day tomorrow! Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi,

Today was a walk outside & a quick upper body at the gym. I did most of the cooking today, since we are bringing to my Mom's. I didn't do some side dishes because I ran out of refrigerator space. I'm actually putting my baked potatoes in a cooler on my deck. Hopefully no animals get into it;)

Belinda - Thank you for the link:) Is it hard to do a vegan Thanksgiving. I'm guessing you can get lots of ideas online.

Cookie - It was cold for a walk, but the sun was out so it helped. I had no idea, just thought an instapot was a faster slow cooker:) It's funny 40 years ago, I remember one of my Aunt's getting a pressure cooker. She liked it but was nervous to use it so always used it when her DH was home.

Kristin - Any plans for Thanksgiving?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Day 4 Barlates is done. We also went for a nice long walk today.

Debbie - I get my vegan TG ideas from Forks over Knives. We made a vegan roast, it was so good. I made a regular turkey, gravy and vegan mash potatoes for DS and my DIL. I bought a food processor a few month go, got tired of chopping up veggies. Also a must have, IMO! We ended up making a lot yesterday too. We put a cooler in the garage to keep things cold for the same reasons you mention.

Cookie - it is nice to have my darling DS around for that long. I also do better with a rotations. I only have a few dvd of Linda's, I mostly bought her downloads which are cheaper than her dvd's.

Kirstin - happy Thanksgiving!

I will be back later today.

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope everyone had a great day! We ended up having 7 extras come over, so thankful we had goodness more than enough.

Deb, I have to put things in a cooler also. Hey, it works!

Belinda, that's a lot of cooking and prep! I recently got a food processor also. Had one years ago and it was fabulous. I broke the bowl a couple of years ago, and debating getting another one for a while. Finally went for it, and am so pleased I did. It came in handy for making pie crusts and slicing the potatoes for a gratin.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING
Today was a walk outside it wasn’t too cold. We went to my Mom’s and my cousin & his wife also came last minute . I gave all the leftovers away, except saved a dish for my younger son who needed to work a double. I have a small turkey so will make it on Sunday. It was a nice day but tiring. Too funny that you both use coolers:D it worked out nice!

Belinda - It sounds like you had a nice day & workout. I used the food processor for the vegetables in my stuffing this year. Afterwards couldn’t understand why I never did before:oops:

Cookie - Kudos on hosting 7 extra people! I was stressed with 2 LOL. I really would rather be like you, if extras show up. I’m happy I had an extra turkey in freezer so I can have leftovers next week.

Good morning,

Today I did the last Fitmas Barlates workout.

Debbie - I use my food processor and Vita Mix daily. Those are my 2 most used kitchen appliances besides the Insta Pot.

Cookie - eating lots of veggies the food processer comes in handy. Which model do you have? I am thinking upgrading mine eventually.

BBL

Hi,

Today was a walk outside and tried some weights but backed off my back wasn't feeling it. It started hailing today, even though it's still Fall feels like Winter. We are going to grab a bite to eat, and they asked us if we wanted outdoor dinningo_O

Belinda - Nice that you completed the rotation during this busy week:) Do you mainly use the Vita Mix for smoothies?

Cookie - Did all your kids make it home for the holiday?

Kristin - I always remember how you power shopped this time of year.

Have a great weekend:)

Hi everyone,

I couldn't decide on what to do today, I ended up doing BodyFit by Amy Live 35-Minute Holiday Hiit Kickoff Workout = 35 min. She used kettlebells in this one, I hardly use mine. The workout was perfect today.

Debbie - my walk yesterday was cold. Almost too cold for walking outside. Hope your back feels better. Did you eat outside, lol? No, I use the Vita Mix for vegan nut sauces, dressings, I make my own oat flour, smoothies, vegan nice cream, I use it a lot in vegan cooking.

Cookie and Kirstin - hope you having a great weekend.

Have a great evening.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside. We were bundled up & the sun was out so not too bad.

Belinda - Nice workout! The restaurant was empty. I guess people were shopping or eating leftovers:). You really do use your Vita-Mix.

Waves hi to Cookie & Kristin

Hi everyone,

Today I did yoga plus yoga abs with DD. We also went for a nice walk at the river.

Debbie - great job on your walk outside. We walked outside today. It was sunny not too cold either. I am sure lots of people still eating left overs, lol. I really use my Vita-Mix. I returned mine 3 times :)

Waving Hi to Cookie. and Kirstin.

Good night.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.