Commit to get Fit & Lean January 2016 - 2023

Hi,

Today was a walk outside, it was hot. I took a cool shower when I came home which was helpful. My knee bothered me today so I iced it and it felt better.

We asked the maintenance man to check the condo for water. We have a camera but it doesn't show the floor. It looks like FL wasn't hit too bad so everyone is lucky.

Belinda - That sounds like a really fun workout:) Good luck with your PT tomorrow.

Cookie - Nice getting your workouts in early. I'm sure there are some advantages when DH is away (less to cook & clean) LOL. It's great that DH will work from home so much time saved from having to commute.

Goodnight:)

Good morning,

SBF D 32 Abs ans stretch is done.

Debbie - sorry your knee is still bordering you. Make sure you don't do any high impact. Trust me, I went through and still go through all my knee problems. If it doesn't get any better see a doctor. I waited way too long to find out what is causing mine. I had to chance my appointment to the afternoon, DH has his PT. We only have one car.

Cookie - enjoy your workout today.

Have a great workout and day everyone.

'Evening! boy is it wet here, there and everywhere it seems! DH should make it back later tonight. Low Impact Challenge was on the rotation for today and boy was I choreographically challenged! Ended up doing a PaulaB one instead. It had music and very, very little talking.

Deb, sorry your knee is still bothering you. Perhaps you should get it checked out, as Belinda suggested. Think it was the NYTimes that I saw an article that icing may actually not be that effective. Does your gym have an elliptical?

Belinda, hope your PT appt is soon. It's so frustrating to not be well and be in pain.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside before all the rain. It is still humid. My knee was better today, will give it till Monday and if not better will take your suggestions and call the Dr.

Belinda - Nice ab workout! I hope your PT appointment went well. Do you & DH go to the same PT?

Cookie - Did you see all the flooding in the subways in NYC? We didn't get nearly that amount of rain. Hopefully your DH doesn't get delay because of Elsa. My gym does have an elliptical.

Good morning,

My appointment went well yesterday. He believes it's my biceps or it could be my neck. He had me get a 5 point x ray at the clinic. He wants to rule it out it's my neck. I do show signs in my neck after he tests on my neck I hardly can move my head to the left. I hurt my back yesterday pulling on the bed sheets. I felt a tightness in my back then a sharp pain down my spine. Now I have lower back pain too. Maybe the neck thing is from me hurting my back yesterday? He doesn't want me to any kind of lifting until I see him again next Wednesday. He wants me to move my left arm a few times a day. He will put to together a plan for next week. I probably will get the results from the x trays from my doctor soon. They pretty good about letting me know. I am falling apart :(

Debbie - glad you listen to your body taking it easy. I hope your knees feel better soon. I have an appointment with the surgeon for my knees on Tuesday. No DH and I are not going to the same PT. Good job on the walk. I took Cooper for a nice long walk early in the morning.

Cookie - I must have moved wrong, hopefully I will be better soon. Good job on your workout yesterday.

I will be back later.

Hi again,

Walk outside and stretch is done.

DD is coming home from visiting my son and my DIL. I am getting ready to drive Cooper to DC. DH and I probably will stay in DC until tomorrow. Haven't decided if we stay overnight? I have to pick up my CSA early in the morning. We shall see.

I will check in later. Have a great Friday, everyone.

'Evening! Today was XTrain chest, back and shoulders.

Deb, how are our knees doing today? That flooding is shocking, but then again the rain!!!

Belinda, glad you were seen and are going to be taking it at least somewhat easier. You sure don't slow down.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside. Even though it rained still very humid. I went to the gym but did not do any leg work my knee is feeling better today.

We are going to grab a bite to eat tonight.

Belinda - Cooper must have enjoyed his visit. It's good that the PT has some ideas for you. DH actually went for x-rays for his elbows today. He isn't able to straighten his arms without pain.

Cookie - Nice X-train workout! The weather cleared up this morning but we just had a quick rain/thunderstorm storm about an hour ago. At least the grass is green:)

Have a great weekend:)

Hi,

DH and I ended up staying in DC yesterday. We had a great time catching up with DD. We also picked her up after we dropped Cooper of the condo. Luckily, JFK isn't far from DD's house. They had a lot of constructions going on. We came home this morning. Ended up taking a rest day today.

Debbie - Cooper did enjoy his visit with us. The PT knew what he is talking about, he also explained everything in details. I can't straighten my left arm either, not completely. I really think it's my bicep. Sorry about your husand. Glad he is also got an x ray done. Hopefully they can give me a plan too. Great job!

Cookie - lol, I have a hard time slowing down. I have no choice but to slow down. I been having that pain in my arm for a few weeks. You want me to pull XTrain series out. Great job!

Good night.

'Evening! Cardio supersets was fun, but did modify it.
Deb, what's up with your dh's elbows? How was your dinner out last night? Warm and sunny here today, but my hair is still a gigantic frizz ball.
Belinda, no pulling out Xtrain til you've recovered!! Glad you have a knowledgeable and thorough PT. That's so important. Your dd is lucky to have you around and be of such great help.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside. It was sunny here and still humid.

Belinda - It must have been fun catching up with DD. It's good that you took a rest day:)

Cookie - Nice cardio superset workout:) Dinner was good. DH doesn't have constant pain but they want to check for arthritis. He can't straighten his arms but it has been going on a long time. He will see a PT to see if they can help.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside. I was happy to get tomatoes today at the Farmer's Market. I didn't taste them yet, tomorrow;) Also fresh mozzarella.

I hope you all had a nice weekend:)

Good morning,

sorry for not checking in yesterday. DH and I decided to go for a day trip. We ended up at a state park with a 2 Waterfalls and lots of mountains. I am glad I packed a small cooler with vegan sandwiches and fruit. Although the park had areas to sit and relax throughout the park, we packed our own outdoor chairs.

Debbie - those tomatoes and mozzarella sounds amazing. I do miss eating cheese.

Cookie - hope you had a great Sunday.

I will be back to report my workout, first I need more coffee.

Checking in!

We always have open house on Sunday and can count on my mother and eldest son coming, so took yesterday as the planned rest day. Today was a long walk outside and did CL Time to hiit it: Low Impact. Cathe called out "Deb" and I thought perhaps it was our Deb!

Deb, fresh mozzarella?!!! That sounds awesome. How is your dh doing?

Belinda, your day trip was lovely! DH and I have a day trip tomorrow planned. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

i everyone,

DH and I walked before my appointment this morning.

Both my knees are grinding from the arthritis in my knees. The surgeon and I agreed not to do surgery until I can't take the pain anymore. He did that with my DH's knee too. The doc wanted DH to go until he couldn't walk anymore. Knee surgery is one of the worst surgery.The doc said my knees are bad. I am too young for knee replacements. The doc also thinks my arthritis has something to do with RP. Which surprised me a little. My Rheumalogist doesn't think my arthritis has anything to do with my knees. I started having knee problems when I was still running. My knees hurt every time I went from a long run. I have to keep everything low impact and modify the heck out of my workouts even more. The surgeon also showed me more LB modify exercises I can do without further hurting my knees further. Walking doesn't hurt my knees unless I walk over hour. The doc wants me to continue with walking. At one point I need both knees done. Hopefully not anything soon. My husband knee is still very swollen. The surgeon wants to see me again in a few month and see how I am doing. If I get to a point where I can't walk anymore he wants to see me right away. I have a lot of swelling daily. Since the shots didn't do anything for my knees or the swelling he recommends just icing. I been icing my shoulder/neck and my knees daily.

Debbie - hope all is well, you didn't post yesterday.

Cookie - enjoy your day trip today. I like your open policy. I miss having my mom around :(

Good night.

Hi,

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I haven't been sleeping well so I have been getting tired earlier in the evening.

Today was a walk outside, it was much cooler which was nice. Our nephew who is 8 years old came for a visit to my SILs house for a month. Tonight we took him to dinner & ice cream, he declined going to see a movie. It was a nice time. His Mom passed away a couple of years ago, almost every time we take him out, he has so many good things to say about her. I hope he always remembers her.

Belinda - Nice workouts! I like that your Dr. doesn't jump for you to have surgery and is patient to watch and chooses to watch how you are instead. Your day trip sounded like a lot of fun:) It's amazing what is around us but we forget to go.

Cookie - Nice walks & CL! I hope the weather held out for your day trip. LOL on thinking the call out was me. DH should be hearing the results of his x-rays any day now.

Good morning,

Walk outside is done. Have an appointment with the PT shortly. I also should get my x ray results.

Debbie - sorry about the sleep. Hope you had a good night sleep last night. I am not sleeping well lately, my arm hurts every time I move. Which keeps waking me up. I agree, we forget what's around us. Next week DH and I will do a day trip to the VA beach.

Cookie - how is your husband doing? Hope he gets his X-rays results soon.

I will be back later.

I am back from the PT. Got the results from my neck X-rays. I have advanced diffused osteopenia in my neck (C5 and C6). My PT said it's hard to diagnose on how severe it is unless I get a bone mineral density test done. I am very bummed about the results. My PT thinks the C5 and C6 pinching a nerve which is running down my arm. I already have an appointment with my doctor scheduled for tomorrow.

I am going to relax a little than I will do SBF. I need to keep my mind of things.

'Evening!
Got in Lift it Hiit back, biceps, shoulders and a short walk. Glad we got walk in before this wicked storm came thru. Roads are flooded, our driveway washed out, big mess. My dh is out seeing who he can help.
Deb, I hear you on the not sleeping. I have such a hard time making thru the night and have for years. How's your knees doing? Hope your dh got his results back.

Belinda, are you going to have a bone density scan done? Glad you have an appt with your own dr tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.