bow flex

Hi Eden,
I have one. Have had it for a couple of years. When I first started working out again (previously had done aerobics only no wt or resistence training) I used the bowflex faithfully along with the treadmill for 8 months and got bored. That's when I started doing videos. I hardly use it anymore but now am considering using it for some exercised that I cannot do with free wts. ie leg extensions and curls, lat pull downs in addition to my videos. My DH also uses it on occasion. So for me it was worth it. It got me started with strength training which I love!!

catherine

Yoo-Hooo WD (DianeSue)!

I know Diane Sue has one and loves it. Take a look at her body and you'll want one! :7
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Yoo-Hooo WD (DianeSue)!

DebbieH, I totally agree, I look at Diane Sue's body and I want a bowflex lol ...... Rhonda:7

RE: Yoo-Hooo WD (DianeSue)!

my dh finally bought me one at dicks spoting goods it is the sport model with the aerobic rowing.The newer one(extreme model) on tv looks to be much smaller than mine and doesn't have this feature according to the website comparsion.I do it with my videos-it gives an amazing pump and feels different from free wts of course I still use my free wts but the wt feel different on the bowflex.I am assuming it's because it is isolating the muscle.It folds up with ease also which is a big plus for me because now that I got rid of my weider gym I have more room.I love mine

Hey Rhonda!

She sure knows how to tempt us, doesn't she? Hmmmm, we are moving and my NEW workout room will be bigger. I think I need a NEW toy!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Sheila!

Does it have the feel of something like the Dynabands we use in Hardcore? I am assuming you have resisitance both directions???

I loved my bowflex. It was the first compliment I received after I bought like every new thing out there. My son said I was as he says, Diesel* at the time. I have since not heard him call me that. So.. I say Bowflex is great. You won't outgrow it. I sold mine because I ran into hardship and needed to get some money. And, it was not my time. I stoped using it. Because I had not found my place in my exercise quest. I think It was my own boardum that got the best of me.

But yes, the Blowflex is good and just about any of their products.

~~TyTbody~~
Working towards Perpetual Motion

i need one now!!

wow, after looking at diane sues pics and doing a search on bowflex on the forum i guess i have to get one im not sure where im gonna put it...:7 my work out room is my bed room, maybe i can put it in my sons room :D lol

Hi,
As Debbie and others have mentioned I have one and like it a lot. It does keep continuous tension throughout the movement. So far it is the only piece of equipment I have that I can actually feel a little muscle soreness in my triceps and biceps. I use it alone at times. I also use it as add on exercises to Cathe's workouts. I have the squat attachment so I use it to get heavier squats in when doing Cathe's workouts. I also have the leg extension attachment and lat tower attachment which allow for more exercise variety. I highly recommend one. It does have a different feel to it than free weights so takes a little getting used to. I hope this is helpful. (blushing from the compliments)
Diane Sue

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.