Body Fat Percent...

mizlaur123

Cathlete
Anyone know a good site that has a calculator for body fat? I just used two different site and one said my BF% was 25.5% and the other said 32.19%. I'm confused! Thanks!

Lauren

Hi Lauren,

Most of those calculators are not accurate at all. The only way to really determine ones bodyfat levels is to get it done professionally. The dunk tank test done at sports facilities and they have a newer one that uses a cat scan like machine which also records your bone density which is useful information.
I know the caliper tests are popular, but even these only are semi-accurate if you test more than three sites on the body, plus you have to know how to "grab" the skin properly. Hope this does not discourage you! I personally would just take your measurements and note how your clothing is fitting as a gauge! Nothing is more telling than a tight fitting pair of jeans right?;)

Lauren-
Heres a site that can at least help you compare with your other findings.... Most people cant afford or choose not to go to a place where it can be done by the most accurate measures.... I use a few sources & find they are all within 5%... Now 5% is ALOT when its BF% I know but at least you can see (over time) if its all trending down/up. HTH

http://www.my-calorie-counter.com/Body_Fat_Calculator.asp

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.