Billy Banks bootcamp workout

KarenL

Cathlete
Hi Everyone!

Does anyone have any information on Billy Banks Bootcamp workouts? I saw the informercial and was wondering if it is a good workout.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Thank you!

Karen

Hi Karen..I got the package of 5 DVD's from QVC. I've done Bootcamp Abs, Basic Training Bootcamp and Ultimate Bootcamp. I think they are good. I like the Billy bands as they are fun to use. I have yet to do the Cardio Bootcamp and Lower Body Bootcamp. I still theink his Advanced Get Ripped series is my favorite but for about $40, this was a good buy...:)...Carole

Do not waste your money. It is a total rip off. I bought them and wanted to cry. I feel as if I was conned. The workouts are dull and there is too much uneven counting by Billy. The DVD quality is also poor.I could have done a better job filming it. Also, no mirror images are used. I REPEAT, DO NOT BUY THESE TAPES.They do not provide value for money.Do not buy into the hype.

I bought mine from qvc and I am sending them back tommorrow.I previewed all of them and done one.They feel so frantic that I can't enjoy them. I have alot of taebo tapes and love the advanced live series and get ripped series along with the original.For some reason I just didn't like these even tho he did bring back the intenisty that has been missing from earlier realeases.If you get them I would suggest qvc -you can send them back after 30 days of trying them.That way you'll know for yourself.Sometimes I like workouts others hate.

I like this series! I bought mine from QVC.

I will tell you that I had a bit of a problem with the Billy Bands. One of the handles came unsewn, but I took it to a local shoe repair shop, and they sewed it back and reinforced the other one for me. No problem! For $3 they are like new!

The workouts are good and tough! You'll feel like you've really fried your shoulders and arms with those bands. I also like the ab work. These are incredibly hard, and very effective!

I do not like this series. I spent $75 on the deluxe set from Collage. I could give myself a roundhouse kick.

I thought, from the talk, that the "old Billy" was back in these workouts...nope...still the toned down version of Billy that has been around for the past 3 years.

If you like his older stuff and you like Cathe kickboxing workouts, I seriously doubt you will enjoy these workouts.

Hey!

Thanks for all the valuable feedback! I just love Cathe's workouts and P90X is pretty good...just looking for a little bit more variety. Is the "Get Ripped" series worth investing in?

I appreciate all your thoughts!

Karen:)

Karen...I agree with all of the people who have been disappointed in the Bootcamp tapes...I don't like to criticize Billy because he is a good man who really wants to help people with their fitness goals...but...everything that he has released under the company Goodtimes have been terrible, they are not the same as the great workouts that Billy used to produce such as the Live Advanced Tapes Volumes 1-12 and the Get Ripped Advanced series IMHO are incredible workouts, I think you would love them...These are taped in Billy's training center,the people are great, Billy and his daughter Shelly have great energy and the music is fantastic, you feel like you are there with them....I keep hoping that Billy will get back to his original format, the TRUE TAE-BO workouts. I like to alternate between Cathe and Billy, they are the best in the business. Good luck and check out e-bay for his live advanced series they are fantastic.....Connie

Karen....I am surprised so many didn't like these? But then again we are all different. I'd say YES to the Advanced Get Ripped series as it is my favorite and mose people seem to like it...:)...Carole

Thank you for the great feedback. Where can I order the advance Ripped Series? I can't seem to find a web site for Billy other than the Bootcamp one.

Thank you for all of your help!

Karen

P.S. I never knew that Shelly was his daughter!:eek:

Karen,
I don't have it. I found it on Collage after reading the above posts. I was wondering if I found the right one! :)

>Karen,
>I don't have it. I found it on Collage after reading the
>above posts. I was wondering if I found the right one! :)

This is the one I have. It is AWESOME...I got it at Collage too...:)...Carole

I LOVE these workouts - I ordered from QVC also - I haven't done the ab or lower body workout out but I'm incorporating the two 55 & 53 minute workouts into my week and I'm planning on getting the fat blasters to add to it. To me the bands added so much more to Taebo which I've been doing for 7 years. I even used the bands for Cardio Circuit II (I also like CC I).

Rachelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.