For all the hard work put in to STS, the process for calculating 1RM is cumbersome, annoying and time consuming. Finding the exercise in the drop down menu is tedious as the exercise name is listed but not the number-many of the names are very similar. There are over 80 exercises that have a 1RM test listed on the 1RM print out with a still photo of the exercise, not showing the start and end point of the movement (the video will be an improvement).
A few suggestions:
1. Make a DVD that takes one through all the exercises that need a 1RM. We print the 1RM form, fill it in as we go. Doing a 1RM test for all 80+ exercises is 2 or 3 workouts in themselves.
2. Have a search option on the on 1RM exercise page to search by exercise number.
3. Have the option to sort the exercises in the drop down menus by number, alphabetically, by DVD. (yes STS is listed by dvd, none of the others are.)
4. List the number of the exercise next to the name, as it is on the 1RM printout, in the drop down menus.
5. The 1RM print out should group and list the exercises by the DVD on which they appear the first time in the STS series.
6. Have a search option, by number and name, in the column that lists the exercises for which we have calculated the 1RM. Scrolling through that long list is tedious.
thanks for reading.