Lite Music

jordan

Cathlete
Hi (it's been a long time since I've posted here but I hope you can help answer a question)

Could you give me some information on the music planned for this series. I know it is early but are you leaning toward music like in X-Train or like Ripped with HiiT? I r-e-a-l-l-y want to preorder but I've noticed that I use (and enjoy) the Cathe workouts more when the music is fun (and I need any bit of motivation I can get these days). I understand everyone has different tastes but I reach for the workouts with fun songs over the workouts with instrumental music. Which ever way you go, I'm sure the workouts will be popular but it would give me a better feel for the reach factor if you could share some information on this for me.

Thanks,
Jordan

Hi Jordan,

We're still exploring music options, so we can't answer your question at this time about the music for LITE. If this is something that is a deal breaker for you it is best to wait to order until after the workouts have been filmed and edited and video clips posted. Also, we really don't look for music that is similar to previous productions. Cathe just looks for the best legal music that can be obtained for video. This is something Cathe is diligently working on now, but this is a lengthy process and it's way too early for us to say anything about the music in the new LITE workouts.

I say the music will be provided by Fit Beat Music. That music industry has an excellent reputation. Maybe it might be from Yes Fitness Music too. Who knows.:)

I really like the moody (feels nice & moody to me anyway!!) downtempo stuff that Cathe has going during many of her boxing LIVES! NO idea of the composers etc. though. But I know you probably do Jesse!! ;)

Music has never been a ultimate deal breaker for me, as long as I can have a no music option when lifting weights cause I play my own (sometimes odd) mix from binaural beats, glam rock/metal, to Ozzy Osbourne instrumentals and some classical guitar for a cooldown. I thought the rock-themed music in Xtrain was really good!
What I would be tickled to find is some 90's sound-alike (or obviously original lol) techno tunes like Mr. Vain - Culture Beat, C & C Music Factory (Gonna make you Sweat! is their most exercise related....... lol), Rhythm is a Dancer - SNAP!, Push It - SaltN Pepa, Everybody Everybody - Blackbox, No Limit - 2 Unlimited etc. :cool: They are so motivating!

Just my two cents - I loved the music in Rockout Knockout, X10, Lean Legs & Abs, Flex Train and Great Glutes since everything was recognizable. I know there are legal/copyright issues but I would love it if the new series had a soundtrack along similar lines! :)

Just my two cents - I loved the music in Rockout Knockout, X10, Lean Legs & Abs, Flex Train and Great Glutes since everything was recognizable. I know there are legal/copyright issues but I would love it if the new series had a soundtrack along similar lines! :)

Yes, I concur (although I wish Great Glutes included the vocals...anything to distract me from all those hydrants and pizza presses!). I feel the same about the X Train series as well. Very upbeat and happy feeling. I enjoy the Strong and Sweaty series, but sometimes I feel a bit like the music is hitting me. (Does that sound weird?)

I love sound-a-likes too but know there's now copyright barriers
So adding another vote for music like used in ICE such as bonus abs routine songs
Having vocals mixed in is a definite fun PLUS and keeps the material from sounding repetitive!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.