Hardcore Fitness Maniacs check-in for March 2018

Jolie, nice workout. No, you don't want to go through the back issue again. Did the chiropractor identify the problem area and make any suggestions? I guess picking up the dog probably could have thrown things off lifting it.

Roselyn, nice job gettting the leg workout in. I hope that you get to feeling better. That is good that there is no cough.

Debbie, here is a link to a protein bar I made from Dr Axe site that was really good. I would think that you could adjust which type of dried fruit you use and which flavor of protein powder that you use. I think this one used dried blueberries. I would think dried tart cherries would be good. Maybe even some dark chocolate pieces if you like those. I had a hard time not eating all of them at once and I just made half of a recipe the first time. https://draxe.com/recipe/bone-broth-protein-blueberry-macadamia-bar/

Last edited:
Today I did Jolie's workout from last week, I copied her last three workouts and am going to do them this week. I'm coughing again, this just won't go away. My ribs are really hurting again, too. I had such a hard time lying down to do my workout with some of the exercises. Not sure why this cough won't go away.

Circuit workout doing all exercises in a row with no rest, then repeating for a total of 4 sets. Last set I went to failure. I was sweating really good with this one. Warmed up with MM.

Barbell Chest Press - 60# - 10/10/10/15 reps
Double Arm Row - 25's - 10/10/10/12 reps
Upright Rows - 35# - 10/10/10/12 reps
EZ Bar Curls - 35# - 10/10/10/12 reps
Close Grip Dumbbell Press - 20's - 10/10/10/15 reps
Dumbbell Squats - 20's - 10/10/10/12 reps

Workout was 33 minutes, burned 215 calories. Avg HR was 130, Max 163.

I also walked on my treadmill for 20 minutes, walked 1 mile, burned 108 calories and went 2417 steps. Avg HR was 86, Max was 122.

Diane Sue - Thanks for the link, I will check those out. I have a great no bake protein ball recipe but I don't make it often because it is so high in calories. Everything in it is good for you, but dang, the calories really add up. Thanks, though, I will check it out!

Jolie - Nice workout, thanks for continuing this rotation. I'm going to start again because I like how quickly they go yet I sweat a ton and really feel it the next day. Fun stuff!!

Roselyn - Nice job on your workouts! Glad you seem to be feeling better!

Have great workouts everyone!

Debbie, this recipe has a lot of calories, but are all healthy recipes and I use them in place of a full meal. I often do not take time to eat anytime soon and it can be 2 in the afternoon so a bar like that works well for me. I buy the Bullet Proof Collagen protein bars in the Shortbread Cookie quite a bit and love them. They do have a lot of fat in them, but it is mct and coconut. They are my favorite when purchasing, but rather expensive. I am so sorry that you are coughing again. Lying down can often set off the coughing because everything seems to drain and irritate.

Today I did Ripped with Hiit Upper Body Circuit, 47 minutes, 5.5 met, heart rate average 116, max 153, 1,996 steps. I wanted to do total body this week and am working through thee Ripped with Hiit workouts so I did the Lower Body Circuit no blasts, 31 minutes, 171 calories, 5.1 met, 1,350 steps. I used Cathe's weights. Total time was 77 minutes, calories burned 450.
weights
squat press/front swing lat pull down combo 2 sets 10# / cardio blast
forward leaning lunge with rear delt into rear lunge with front raise 8# dbs 3 sets
one arm rows 20# 2 sets / cardio blast
lunge kick /lunge squat combo 8# dbs
push up leg lift combo bodyweight / cardio blast
overhead press / touch down combo 10# dbs / cario blast
W press, W curl, rear lunges 10# dbs
biceps curl 12# dbs/ cardio blasts
side lunge wood chops 10# db
plié, upright row, snatch combo 8# dbs/ cardio blast
weighted marching sumos 12# dbs
single leg deadlift/ front raise 8# dbs/ cardio blast
rear lunge, lateral raise 8# dbs
sumo drop squat/ triceps extension combo 10# dbs
triceps/chest isolation work chest flys 8# dbs/ cardio blast
lower body no blasts
barbell squats 40#
weighted pulses lunges 12#dbs
weighted lateral walks 15# dbs
weighted lunge taps 20#
weighted plié squats 40# barbell
barbell narrow stance squats 40# barbell
weighted cross back lunges on step 15# dumbbell
static lunges 20# dumbbells
deadlifts 25# dumbbells
side lunges into one legged squat combo 8# dbs
wide stance deadlift 40# barbell

Last edited:
Today I did week #6 of my total body workout and loved it. I changed it a bit doing each body part x 2 exercises but I only did the circuit 2 times through. No rest between sets and I was huffing and puffing by the end. I burned 249 calories which did include STS meso 2 warmup. I also walked the dog 1.5 miles and burned an additional 151 calories.

Chest Press DB- 25# x 12, x 12 ( 2 rounds of this circuit )
Chest Flies- 20# x 12, x 12
Wide Grip Cable Pulldowns- 60# x 12, x 12
1 Arm Rows- 25# x 12, x 12
1 Arm Lat Raise- 12# x 12, x 12
Upright Rows- 15# x 12, x 12
Incline Bicep Curls- 15# x 12, x 12 ( these were tuff stuff)
Hammer Curls- 17# x 12, x 12
Lying Triceps Ext.- 15# x 12, x 12
Close Grip Chest Press DB- 17# x 12, x 12 ( could go heavier next time)
Leg Ext.- 60# x 17, x 17
Leg Curls- 22.5# x 16, x 16
Abs- Bicycles- x 40, x 40

I probably could have done another round but I didn't want to push my back. So far I'm ok... I tried to do as many exercises that require me to lay on the bench that works best or with a knee up on the bench for back support.

I got my new car on Friday night and I love it. I do feel a little guilty about having such a nice car and the cost but my husband wanted to get it for me. I drove an economy electric car the last five years so I could get great gas mileage and a carpool sticker so he wanted me to have something nice since I saved us so much money over the years. Also, I don't have to drive my kids to school 120 miles a day anymore so I am pretty happy!

Debbie, I love these workouts so much. There is no dread factor for my and no boredom because I am constantly moving to the next exercise. I do need to do more cardio but I need to get my back fixed tomorrow and get rid of the spasm. I am getting good muscle definition from these workouts as well. That's a plus!

Diane Sue, nice workout today. That is a lot of exercises in one workout! Good job on the weights you are rockin it!

Roselyn,
another trainer I have never heard about. You are coming up with some new things, good for you!

Have a nice day. I have my oldest son home sick today so I am taking a ton of vitamin C so I don't get sick for my ski trip in 2 weeks.

Hello Everyone

It has been long time, hope all is well with you guys. I want to know if I can re-join challenge? Most of you know me as teddygirl but had to sign up again now I’m daughter of Zion.

Lots have happened many many changes 22Ibs gained. Altho, lost 4 started STS on week two.

This morning I did kick punch &crunch & kick max leg conditioning.

I see Cathe has tons of new workouts, maybe I will caught up who knows; for now revisiting my old ones, thank goodness I kept them. Be good to hear from you guys. Blessings

Debbie, this recipe has a lot of calories, but are all healthy recipes and I use them in place of a full meal. I often do not take time to eat anytime soon and it can be 2 in the afternoon so a bar like that works well for me. I buy the Bullet Proof Collagen protein bars in the Shortbread Cookie quite a bit and love them. They do have a lot of fat in them, but it is mct and coconut. They are my favorite when purchasing, but rather expensive. I am so sorry that you are coughing again. Lying down can often set off the coughing because everything seems to drain and irritate.

Today I did Ripped with Hiit Upper Body Circuit, 47 minutes, 5.5 met, heart rate average 116, max 153, 1,996 steps. I wanted to do total body this week and am working through thee Ripped with Hiit workouts so I did the Lower Body Circuit no blasts, 31 minutes, 171 calories, 5.1 met, 1,350 steps. I used Cathe's weights. Total time was 77 minutes, calories burned 450.
weights
squat press/front swing lat pull down combo 2 sets 10# / cardio blast
forward leaning lunge with rear delt into rear lunge with front raise 8# dbs 3 sets
one arm rows 20# 2 sets / cardio blast
lunge kick /lunge squat combo 8# dbs
push up leg lift combo bodyweight / cardio blast
overhead press / touch down combo 10# dbs / cario blast
W press, W curl, rear lunges 10# dbs
biceps curl 12# dbs/ cardio blasts
side lunge wood chops 10# db
plié, upright row, snatch combo 8# dbs/ cardio blast
weighted marching sumos 12# dbs
single leg deadlift/ front raise 8# dbs/ cardio blast
rear lunge, lateral raise 8# dbs
sumo drop squat/ triceps extension combo 10# dbs
triceps/chest isolation work chest flys 8# dbs/ cardio blast
lower body no blasts
barbell squats 40#
weighted pulses lunges 12#dbs
weighted lateral walks 15# dbs
weighted lunge taps 20#
weighted plié squats 40# barbell
barbell narrow stance squats 40# barbell
weighted cross back lunges on step 15# dumbbell
static lunges 20# dumbbells
deadlifts 25# dumbbells
side lunges into one legged squat combo 8# dbs
wide stance deadlift 40# barbell

Hi Sue still working hard huh? Always loved that about you

Today I did Jolie's workout from last week, I copied her last three workouts and am going to do them this week. I'm coughing again, this just won't go away. My ribs are really hurting again, too. I had such a hard time lying down to do my workout with some of the exercises. Not sure why this cough won't go away.

Circuit workout doing all exercises in a row with no rest, then repeating for a total of 4 sets. Last set I went to failure. I was sweating really good with this one. Warmed up with MM.

Barbell Chest Press - 60# - 10/10/10/15 reps
Double Arm Row - 25's - 10/10/10/12 reps
Upright Rows - 35# - 10/10/10/12 reps
EZ Bar Curls - 35# - 10/10/10/12 reps
Close Grip Dumbbell Press - 20's - 10/10/10/15 reps
Dumbbell Squats - 20's - 10/10/10/12 reps

Workout was 33 minutes, burned 215 calories. Avg HR was 130, Max 163.

I also walked on my treadmill for 20 minutes, walked 1 mile, burned 108 calories and went 2417 steps. Avg HR was 86, Max was 122.

Diane Sue - Thanks for the link, I will check those out. I have a great no bake protein ball recipe but I don't make it often because it is so high in calories. Everything in it is good for you, but dang, the calories really add up. Thanks, though, I will check it out!

Jolie - Nice workout, thanks for continuing this rotation. I'm going to start again because I like how quickly they go yet I sweat a ton and really feel it the next day. Fun stuff!!

Roselyn - Nice job on your workouts! Glad you seem to be feeling better!

Have great workouts everyone!

Debbie hello, workouts still on point. How have you been?

Today I did week #6 of my total body workout and loved it. I changed it a bit doing each body part x 2 exercises but I only did the circuit 2 times through. No rest between sets and I was huffing and puffing by the end. I burned 249 calories which did include STS meso 2 warmup. I also walked the dog 1.5 miles and burned an additional 151 calories.

Chest Press DB- 25# x 12, x 12 ( 2 rounds of this circuit )
Chest Flies- 20# x 12, x 12
Wide Grip Cable Pulldowns- 60# x 12, x 12
1 Arm Rows- 25# x 12, x 12
1 Arm Lat Raise- 12# x 12, x 12
Upright Rows- 15# x 12, x 12
Incline Bicep Curls- 15# x 12, x 12 ( these were tuff stuff)
Hammer Curls- 17# x 12, x 12
Lying Triceps Ext.- 15# x 12, x 12
Close Grip Chest Press DB- 17# x 12, x 12 ( could go heavier next time)
Leg Ext.- 60# x 17, x 17
Leg Curls- 22.5# x 16, x 16
Abs- Bicycles- x 40, x 40

I probably could have done another round but I didn't want to push my back. So far I'm ok... I tried to do as many exercises that require me to lay on the bench that works best or with a knee up on the bench for back support.

I got my new car on Friday night and I love it. I do feel a little guilty about having such a nice car and the cost but my husband wanted to get it for me. I drove an economy electric car the last five years so I could get great gas mileage and a carpool sticker so he wanted me to have something nice since I saved us so much money over the years. Also, I don't have to drive my kids to school 120 miles a day anymore so I am pretty happy!

Debbie, I love these workouts so much. There is no dread factor for my and no boredom because I am constantly moving to the next exercise. I do need to do more cardio but I need to get my back fixed tomorrow and get rid of the spasm. I am getting good muscle definition from these workouts as well. That's a plus!

Diane Sue, nice workout today. That is a lot of exercises in one workout! Good job on the weights you are rockin it!

Roselyn,
another trainer I have never heard about. You are coming up with some new things, good for you!

Have a nice day. I have my oldest son home sick today so I am taking a ton of vitamin C so I don't get sick for my ski trip in 2 weeks.

Nice work

Teddy good to have you back :) It has been awhile since I updated my profile picture. I take a picture and have to size it to around 200 to 300 pixels then put it up. I would have to go look to remind myself how I did it. Nice work on losing the 4 lbs.. Cathe does have a lot of new workout sets. Maybe if you do streaming someday you can just stream her workouts so you can try them. I have all of them so I don't do the on demand streaming. I have done the live streaming before.

Jolie, nice workout today. Mine is a lot of exercises, but most are only done once or twice. I wanted to make it a total body workout and still use the portions of Ripped with Hiit that I had not done yet. Oh, no that is not good that your son is sick. Back to the mediterranean oil of oregano, but every time the family was all getting sick, if I felt the slightest scratchy throat, I took the oil of oregano and it kept it away. I took 3 capsules a day for awhile that dropped to two. It really is good as an antiviral, antibacterial supplement.

Teddy, click on your profile and then on avatar and that is where you would add your picture. Cathe also has a program called gravaton there that you can use. I have never tried that one, so I am not sure how it works.

Welcome back Teddy
I am going to check out that recipe Diane Sue
Today was STS shoulders, biceps and triceps meso 3 week tomorrow I am doing another yvette bachmann

Today I did the workout I created on the treadmill app I have called Jogs & Sprints. I did this one back on Feb. 20 and remember how hard it was. It didn't get any easier today, but I did better than the last time I did it. Funny thing is, I felt like I did worse. My goal is to be able to do this workout all the way through without having to walk here and there before the summer is over. I know that is a long time away, but I won't be doing it every week so I'm giving myself time to complete it the way I made it up.

Workout was 50 minutes, burned 427 calories (TM said 458), ran 3.51 miles and went 7137 steps. Avg HR was 144 and Max was 194.

DOZ aka Teddygirl - Welcome back, great to see you posting again!! Things are really good my way, no complaints. Hope you post here daily again!!

Diane Sue - You had a great workout yesterday, girl! Nice job!!!

Jolie - I like how you did that workout, I will do it that way next week. How long did it take to do the 2 sets through?

Roselyn - Great workout yesterday!!!

Reactions: WD
My grandson 7 is here this morning so I got my workout in early. I did Ripped with Hiit Plyo Hiit 1 and 2 combined, 45 minutes, 348 calories, met 7, heart rate average 141, max 167, 3,700 steps. I modified on some moves, used 1 riser on the step and used my rebounder for some moves. I also did the bonus abs 2, 13 minutes, 55 calories, met 3.8, 136 steps. Total time was 58 minutes, calories burned 406.

Debbie, I hope that you make your goal. It is good to set goals for improvement :)

Afternoon everyone

Workout done Yay. I did Cardio Coach #2 revised and STS chest shoulders & biceps upper body was shaking when I got done; my workout seem extremely long today, but, I made. Thank you guys for all the warm welcomes I appreciate it. Good to be back.

Diane Sue, I did inventory I have so many of Cathe’s dvd unopened about 8 going to uses, I hope lol. About a month or so purchased Chalean Piyo even found a few unopened kettlebell workouts.

Debbie, Jolie and Roselyn hey lovely ladies☺️ Glad all is well. Debbie do share treadmill workout.

Will check back; headed to Sam’s Club. Will try and post pic today. Thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: WD
Teddy, nice to see that you got your pic up :) I haven't been to Sams club in years. It sounds like you have plenty of workouts to do ;) Nice workout.

Roselyn, I you doing different Yvette workouts or repeating some of them. I need to try more. She is pretty intense. Maybe I will try one of the 45 minutes or so ones.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.