Lifting like girls

Tri & bi day here. 20 sets, 3 sets of skullcrushers/ ez bar curls, 3 sets of pushdowns/ db curls and 2 sets of inclined tri ext/ decline curls and 2 sets of kickbacks/ conc curls, Good w/o, no tendon issues...felt good! The weekend approaches and yay for that! Make it fun Commandos!

I was hoping someone might have seen Hugh Jackman or Tom Selleck. Those guys make me swoon. I apparently have a thing for older gentlemen, ha!

Today was XTRAIN Hard Strikes. Haven't done this one in ages. I like it but I think Rockout Knockout and several of the Live boxing workouts are more fun. It's fine to do, though. Gotta justify "ye old" DVD collection!

TGIF my friends

Happy Saturday lifters! DW and I are heading to St. Louis for a lunch date with Son 1 and wife....crazy huh! But I had to do a little iron work first, so I decided to hit a little chest and abs, 6 sets of bench, not heavy but long on reps, 1 long set of db inclines and a set of cable crunches, seated knee ins and bench crunches. Took about 30 min and I feel better about myself! lol. Have a great weekend my iron working warriors!

Today's workout was the most recent Live: Warrior Boot camp Live. Karen, I think this one is in your wheelhouse of fun. There are 6 rounds and each round has some cardio but it is short and basic. The rest is metabolic and some interesting core moves that I believe are part of the new Fit Split DVDs.

Tom, hope you enjoyed your lunch date. Sounds fancy! Karen, hope your weekend rocks. We're dashing out for shopping (regular, not Christmas. . That's all done) cuz the local college team has a bowl game today and everyone will be home watching it. The best time to go to Costco! !! :)

Today was STS Total Body. Another Oldie but Goody. I usually go Costco during a game too. The whole place is empty. I will have to try Warrior Bootcamp. I think I would love it. Have a great Sunday! See you Monday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a Sunday workout this morning, deads, ohp and abs. On deads I started at 205 and did x5 conv and x5 sumo and decided I definitely like sumo better. Next I did 225x8, 245x5, 265x5 ,285x3 and 305x1. I'm not sure I have ever gone over 300 with sumo's, so glad that was done, Next I decided to do some light standing strictpress, 45x20 and 85x12x12. Tomorrow is chest day so I kept it light since there is a lot of shoulders in bench. I finished with 12 sets of abs, crunches x25/ seated knee ins x20/ cable crunches x20/ side planks x30sec and did this series 3 times. I always feel good that I did SOMETHING! Hope the weekend finishes well for my Commando friends!

Chest and tri day, 10 sets of flat bench, 3 sets of bb inclined bench, 2 sets of inc flys and for tri's, 3 sets of skullcrushers, 3 sets of pushdowns and 3 sets of double arm kickbacks. This is a pretty standard chest and tri day for me, did manage a triple at 205#and it ended up 15 sets of chest and 9 sets tri's. Tri's are definitely harder on chest day and bi's are tougher following back, and I sometimes have to drop a little weight toward the end or shorten reps. Hopefully Monday is not ugly and treats my friends well!

Whoa, Tom! Some serious weight loads. 305# on the sumo just blows my mind! Then 205# today. That's so awesome.

Karen, love STS TB except for the use of the tower. Call me lazy but it feels like a big hassle to pull out the tower for just a few mins of use. How was your weekend?

Today I just had to do something because I was exhausted. I did KCM Raw from YouTube, the 888 workout...8 exercises / 8 reps / 8 rounds.

Have a great day today

I love KCM Raw. This one sounds like a good one!
I like the raw aspect. No production! No make-up. Kelly being Kelly, and a little camera! Same reason I love Cathe Live!

Totally agree. I just wish Kelly would do more Raw workouts. She only did about 6 or so. It's been months since she posted a new one. I suppose I can understand since there's really no money in the YouTube stuff for her. I ordered Kelly's new series. Need to try it out soon

Back and bi...... the usual stuff. 3 sets of chin ups, pullovers, 1 arm cable pulls and 1 set of db rows. Bi's, 3 sets of ez bar curls and 2 sets of db curls, conc curls, decline curls and finished with 2 sets of isos. Wasn't really into it this morning but did come around and tried hard! I'm working Wed and Fri this week so I got to sleep in a little today but I have a meeting at 10 and need to do some bloodwork at 9 so not as long as I would have liked. The older I get, the less sleep I seem to require so I guess that's good! Enjoy your Tuesday all!

Tom, the older I get the more sleep I need. I'm the exact opposite of you! Glad you got your mojo in the middle of today's lifting session. Hope blood work is OK.

Karen, how are you?

Today was Legs with Weights and Barre Live. It's official that my 2 least favorite leg moves are weighted reverse lunges off the step and ANY variation of weighted lunge kicks. Those both make my heart rate soar for some reason.

Have a good one

Yesterday I did a kettlebell workout by Danica Storino. Great workout, but I have been spoiled by Cathe’s DVDs. It was hard to tell when the workout was done. I have another DVD that was shot in the same location, by the same company, and it was the same way. Very weird. I let the bodyweight DVD run for two hours with no sign of ending. No explanation nothing. I guess when you’ve had enough; you quit, and do your own stretch. WOW!

Well, I obviously didn't make it to leg day yesterday, but I did combine shoulders with legs today so I guess no harm done?? Shoulders consisted of 8 sets of seated strict press (disappointing weights however), and side laterals, 3x10, rear delt flys 3x10 and BB front raises x10x10x15 and DB shrugs x30x25x20. For legs, 4x8 bench squats, 2x15 gob squats, 2x15 sumo squats and 2x20 kb swings (these really kick up my HR and I cant breathe when I'm done). I did 5 sets for calves, 2x30 BB calf raises, 2x25 single calf raises and 1x20 donkey calf raises. I'm too old for this! Hope my friends are well!

Yesterday was Upper Body from Fitness Blender plus a treadmill walk. Today I was inspired by Karen and did LIS Trisets Legs. I rarely do this one but it's great! Gonna be sore, especially since I tacked on some floor work at the end.

Karen, I love Rock Em Sock Em. Cathe has a Live that was inspired by the ICE workout, same name I think. Love them both! Enjoy your extra time off!

Tom, leg day one day late is still leg day! Good for you!

I'm signing off until after Christmas. I will still be working out but vacation time has officially begun. A safe, merry, happy Christmas to you and yours!

Hey everybody today the workout was #3 from the Bell Babe video. It was an air sucker and a good one. Cardio and weights. I’m having lunch with my sisters tomorrow. All the kids were here for Thanksgiving, so it’s just me and Grandpa Santa for Christmas. I just want to tell you both how much I appreciate your virtual friendship. I’ve never met either of you, but consider you both good friends. Have a wonderful Holiday; Christmas or whatever you celebrate make it fabulous! I will check in with you next week! Merry Christmas!! Happy Holidays!!

Karen, I ditto your message and feel the same..would be lost without my "Commando Sistas"!! Today was arm day and pretty much samo, 3 sets skullcrushers/ ez bar curls, 3 sets tri pushdowns/db curls. 2 sets kickbacks/ conc curls and 2 sets inclined tri ext/ dec curls, 20 sets in all. DW and I are doing it solo as well because just saw Son 1 and we are going to FL in early Jan to visit Son 2 and family.Lisa, should be spectacular for you with the little ones..ENJOY, that stage does not last forever! I really value our "cyber friendship" Ladies and wish you both a very merry Christmas!! See ya after Christmas! (I may post because I don't have much else to do lol!!)

Last edited:
I knew I would...be a serial poster that is! Today was really different for me, I did a compound lift circuit, consisting of BW chin ups x8/225 somo deads x8/ 165# bench x 8 (will need to raise this if I revisit) and gob squats (50#kb) x 16. I did this circuit 3 times. I did another set of bench with 185 and did seated ohp with 95# x12 x8. This made a great Sat w/o as it hit a lot of stuff..sort of cardio too???? Nothing was real heavy but multiple longer sets were felt by this old codger! Hope everyone is enjoying their Holiday time!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.