Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for October

Today was total body. Had a great workout again.

3 sets/8 reps with 1 minute rest - warmed up with GS Chest & Tri's

Chinups
- Used 3 assist bands
EZ Barbell Curls - 45#
Incline Barbell Press - 65#/70# (2 sets)
Lying Barbell Extension - 35#
Arnold Press - 15's
Elevated Deadlifts - 50#

I also walked 1 miles on my treadmill.

Total workout was 59 min., Avg. HR was 91, Max was 127 and I burned 245 6calories and went 3328 steps.

Diane Sue - Thanks for all that information!! I might just preorder and try her workouts. Can't beat it for $30. The workout you did looks really good. If I like the set I buy I'll probably get more from her. Nice job on your workout!!!

Jolie - I still don't care for high rep workouts, they just don't thrill me at all. But I am enjoying the way the rotation I'm doing adds in high and low reps. I think "run" mode on the FB expects you to get your HR up high. When you don't, it probably knows you aren't running. I use just "workout" mode now as well unless I'm doing CC on my Treadmill, then I use "treadmill" mode.

Roselyn - Hope your mom is doing better.

Today I was supposed to do an upper body Cathe Live workout but my morning didn't go as planned. My boys had a late start at school today and by the time I walked my dog 2 miles it is too late to workout because I have a doctors appointment early in the day. I am going in for a complete physical because I like to stay one step ahead of on my health. I did not sleep well last night because it is still so hot! When will Fall arrive? We have temps in the 90's for the next 10 days and the nights well into the high 60's. I am so ready to get under the blankets and get a good nights sleep.

Debbie,
nice job on the weights today. 45# curls is awesome!

Diane Sue and Roselyn, I will check back in later and read your posts.

Have a nice day.

Today I did workout ! from Kelly Coffey Live amped up cardio, 31 minutes, 205 calories, heart rate 134 average, max 157, 3,033 steps. I then did Barre Amped Bounce arms and abs, cardio bounce, and stretch, 39 minutes, 194 calories, heart rate 120 average, 190???? max(I doubt this) 1,940 steps. I finished off with Les Mills Pump Flow for additional stretching, 22 minutes, 49 calories. Total time 92 minutes, calories burned 448.

Debbie, here is a run down of the premixes on Kelly Coffey's Muscle Meltdown that I did yesterday :
Shorter full body (49 min) Shoulders/arms/abs (39 min) Chest and back (19 min) Legs/glutes (19 min) Quick Super Set Fix 1 (37 min) Quick Fix 2 (35 min) Muscle Up First Set Pump (29 min)
I really don't mind if I find things that I will really use on a workout set, even if I don't use the whole thing and the price was decent.

Jolie, I make sure and go for my yearly physicals. Good luck with it and I hope everything looks good. I have had a lot of those days that do not go as planned lately. Generally they are with family and fun so I don't mind. Yesterday I had some annoyances though. My car started acting up and I dumped my groceries leaving it running at home and went to the shop. They did not fix it :( They did get to read the code though. I am going to get my husband to deal with them if he has the time.

Today I did Cardio Coach 5 and had a really good workout. Love this one, I can't believe I used to avoid it at all costs at one time.

Workout was 54 minutes, burned 387 calories (TM said 538), went 3.44 miles and did 7280 steps. Avg. HR is 121 and Max is 170.

Diane Sue - I ordered Kelly's new workout. Looking forward to checking it out. Great job on your workout yesterday!!!

Jolie - I can't believe it's still so hot there. It is all of 45 this morning here, I think fall has finally arrived. Although we have had beautiful weather during the day, in the 70's. This is why people live in Ohio. It has the best weather unless it's winter! LOL!!!

Roselyn - Glad your mom is ok. Nice workout!!

Today I did Cathe Live Upper Body Sculpting using only DB's. This is the Best upper body workout! I added a few extra sets but did the same weights as last week. I woke up tired because it was hot but had a pretty good workout anyway. Workout was 1 hour and 5 minutes and I burned 469 calories!

I went to the Dr.'s office for my check up yesterday and I have lost 9 pounds this year!!!!!!!!!! Still have to get my blood work done and a mammogram but everything looks good.

Running really late today so will read your posts tomorrow. Football game, team meal and Homecoming stuff to get together for the boys!

Have a wonderful day!

This morning I only had time for Party Rock'n step 1, 56 minutes, 358 calories, heart rate average 139, max heart rate 180??(again I do not think this is right) . The calorie burn is right though from what I have had in the past, I just think it is giving some spikes that I don't think are there. Maybe I need to shut the phone and watch down again and maybe turn off blue tooth. The fitness equipment repair guy came today and they sent him a walking board that was too short. He had to measure it and give them the correct measurements because what they had in their specs was wrong, so no tread climber yet.

Debbie, I hope you find some stuff you like on Kelly's workouts. Nice workout today. You got in a lot of steps today.

Jolie, nice work on the weight loss and things looking good. My doctors office usually has me come in either early or ahead of time to do the labs. That way they can sometimes get them back before the physical. I can just go in there fasted anytime before and have it done. They are open Saturday mornings so I can go in then as well.

Today was total body. Had a great workout again. I am so sore from Wednesday's workout that I went a bit light here. Still felt it. I used to love incline curls on my bench but I just can't get comfortable doing them. I feel like I'm way to low on the incline. I used to do these a lot, not sure how I could have?

3 sets/12 reps with 1 1/2 minute rest - warmed up with GS Chest & Tri's

Leg Press Station
- 155#/135# (had to drop because my knees were hurting)
Upright Row - 40#
Dumbbell Close Grip Press - 20's
Incline Curls - 12's (used to love this exercise, not so much anymore)
Dumbbell Pullover - 25#
Dumbbell Press - 25's

Total workout was 63 min., Avg. HR was 84, Max was 124 and I burned 222 6calories and went 3193 steps.

Diane Sue - Nice workout yesterday. Weird on these HR devices, it's very frustrating. I looked for treadmill workout apps on my phone and found one I'm going to try next week. It actually has you enter your gender, age and weight. I can't wait to see what it gives me for a calorie burn versus what the FB says.

Jolie - Glad you enjoy the Cathe live workouts. One of these days I may subscribe. Have fun with football!!!

Today I did Kelly Coffey's Plateau Buster Premix workout 2 with bonus buster. , 37 minutes, 239 calories, heart rate average 122, max 158, 2034 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw hips and glutes finishing it out since it stops suddenly, 37 minutes, 163 calories.
plateau buster 12 reps for all dumbbell exercises this is repeated twice with the bonus busters mixed in. I almost tried the no cardio mix but decided to do a separate lower body workout with it.
dumbbell squat with single front raise lift 15's
side lunge stance 15's
bonus buster pommel horse
cardio pendulum knee pops & pendulums
heavy dumbbells hip drop into high pull 15's
reverse lunge pause and bicep curl 15's
bonus buster weighted pop squat
cardio split switch and ski jogs
light dumbbell step out and alternate front 3 punch outs 8's first round 5's second time through
put one weight down and shake the paint 10# for me
I believe there is one cardio I do not have written don't have written down here that is a fast low in out jack with arms out to sides?
bonus buster pullover crunch 15's
Raw Hips and Glutes 30/10 timed
barbell squats 50# 4 sets 11,11,12,12 reps
bridges using step bench barbell 45# 10,11,12,12 reps
squats warm up 45# 9 reps
wide stance deadlift, squat,stand 45# 8,8,8,8 reps
I used the fit tower for the rest of the exercises and 5# ankle weights for the glute and hip work
pizza pusher 14 rt,14lt,14 rt, 14 lt
hydrant rt 15,lt 15, rt, 15, lt 15 reps
side leg raise alternating 14,14,14,14 reps
pizza pusher alternating 12,12,12,12 reps
core knee ins, 20,20,20,20
plank knee pulls 20,20,20,20

Debbie, this morning I got up and my Fit Bit Blaze was fine. A few minutes later it went blank. I couldn't get it to turn on, I had charged it yesterday, but tried to put it in the charger. It still did nothing. I finally looked online and it said to turn it on hold the back button and bottom button for 10 sec and it turned on. I was worried that it quit. I had done an update last night on it. That will be fun checking out the new app for the treadmill. Have you ever looked at the Fit Star or whatever they call it now on the Fit Bit? I have glanced a bit in the past , but never tried any of it.

Last edited:
Today I walked 5.3 miles outside. I put my Fitbit on workout mode and it says I burned 876 calories compared to the 650 calories on Run mode. I don't get it. If the 876 calories is correct, that might explain why I am so tired all of the time! Lol!!! The walk took me 1 hour and 40 minutes, 135 average heart rate and 183 max! Not sure why, maybe because I am so tired today. I must have awaken at least 6 times last night due to the heat.

Tonight is our Varsity football game. We are currently ranked 8th in the country and we are playing the #1 team in the country! My son has been offered a full ride from the University of Montana and the coaches are coming to watch him play tonight. Should be a lot of fun but I am sure I will be wiped out tomorrow.

Debbie,
you are killing it with that total body rotation! Nice weights! I am loving the upper body workouts I have been doing, the only downside is they are really hard and I am so wiped out the next day. I like the fact that I only have to lift two days a week and get to walk the other days. I will have to start working legs because ski season is right around the corner and I am not in shape. I have to start doing some squats.

Diane Sue, I am happy that you are getting your workouts in even though you are so busy. I have never seen that Kelly workout, I am going on her website this weekend to check out everything I am missing!!!

Have a wonderful day!

Jolie, nice work on the walking. I think it has been better for me to cut back time wise once in awhile. I am not quite so exhausted all of the time. I love working out. People around me think I am odd LOL Plateau Buster is one of my more recent purchase. I had never purchased it and I noticed someone else on another check in does it frequently. I asked her about it and she really likes it so I thought I should get it. I was pleasantly surprised. Lots of premixes on it as well. It is quite metabolic in my opinion. Most of the weight work works more than one body part at the same time. I wish she would get all of her workouts premix listings and weight work sheets on her website. She has a lot of them, but there are a few missing. I asked her on facebook about shape up not having listings and she said she would check into it. I love Shape Up as it is upper weights is done in tabatas. Lower is tabata too but more jumping and cardio moves using the step. I like it, but I was still mending my knee when I first got it and it really made it hurt. I can do it now though, but am very careful. Also doing it in the 30 minute workout format is easier on my knees as well since most of the workouts are around 30 minutes or you can do both together along with other mixes as well. I wrote down the exercises for the Raw workout this time. I know I did before but I don't know what I did with those. Now I have a folder for Kelly worksheets and premixes so I know what I am doing and don't lose them.
Have fun at the football game tonight. We will be going to see my granddaughter cheer next Friday and they are having a special grandparents day celebration for their school during the day and out on the field at half time :)

My workout got cut off at 11 minutes this morning, so I will probably try to do something tomorrow. I had started doing Kelly Coffey's Train Like a Contender conditioning and boxing combined mix. I got a whole 69 calories in :)

Roselyn, was upper body bootcamp from the live workouts?

Today starts Week 8 of my total body rotation. Had a good workout, this one is tough with the high reps. If I don't get the new Kelly workout by next week I will continue this rotation.

3 sets/18 reps with 2 minutes rest (was supposed to be 4 minutes but ain't nobody got time for dat!!- warmed up with GS Chest & Tri's

SS #1
Overhead DB Triceps Extension
- 12's
Barbell Chest Press - 60#

SS #2
Plate Front Raise
- 12#
Hammer Curls - 12's

SS #3
Reverse Flies
- 12's
Barbell Calf Raise - 50#

Total workout was 58 min., Avg. HR was 94, Max was 135 and I burned 258 6calories and went 3828 steps.

Diane Sue - Did you ever find out why your Blaze just went blank? That sucks. Hope it doesn't do that again. Nice workout this weekend!!!

Jolie & Roselyn - Nice workouts on Friday!!! Hope you both had a great weekend!!!

Debbie, the new Kelly workouts were a pre-order. They are in the process of being edited. Kelly says progress is moving along pretty quickly. She never puts out a pre-order till after they are already filmed. I do not know why my Blaze went blank. I am just happy that I was able to finally find a way to get it to start back up. My battery was full. The only thing I can think of is that the night before I had updated it. It was working fine when I got up though. I had turned my cell phone and tablet off when I went to bed and turned them on when I got up. I do not always shut the cell phone down at night though and thought it might have been part of it. I was seriously thinking I was going to have to hunt down the extended warranty papers. I have never had it go completely blank and not be able to turn it back on. When I did get it on it was still at the time and details from the time it went blank. I had to sync it to get that straightened out.

I am going through some of my Kelly workouts. Today I did Lift Power Sculpting 39 minutes, heart rate average 113, max 145, 1226 steps. There is no work sheet for this one. After doing it I see why, as it is more of a metabolic weight workout with no rests and compound moves. I mostly used 10 and 15 lb dumbbells. I forgot about the barbell roll outs and holding the barbell jump out and in movements. I used to use just that core section by itself a lot. I then did Kelly's Body Shop premix Split back, biceps, and legs, 33 minutes(actual is 23 but I stopped to write things down and had a bit of a time at first finding the right spot on the work sheet, which does have a pattern after I figured it out) 179 calories according to Map my Fitness as I paused my Fit Bit at 9 minutes and forgot to start it back up. Total time was 72 minutes, 394 calories. Oh, and I did add the weighted bridges to the end of Body Shop.
Body Shop weights 10 reps
Staggered stance single rows wide and underhand counts 1 rep, 10 reps 15# right, then 10 reps left repeat
reverse lunge leg raise 10 reps 15# left then 10 reps right
Combo reverse lunge with row 15# 10 reps right 10 reps left
lat pull downs 10's x 10 reps alternated with Plies 15's 10 reps 2 times
combo lat pull down and plie 10's# x 10 reps
cross chop bicep curls 15's x 10 reps 2 sets
single curtsies 15's # x 10 reps 2 sets
combo curtsy and hammer curls 15's x 10 reps
biceps curls with count of 2 pulse 1 up, 15# x 10 reps right then 10 reps left repeat
single leg deadlift 15's # x 10 rep right then 10 left repeat
combo deadlift and curl 15's 10 reps
weighted bridges 15# dumbbells 10 reps right,10 reps left repeat then set 3 is 10 reps with pulses

Last edited:
Sorry I did not check in this weekend, I was crazy busy. I did get my walk in on Sunday. Today I have to take the day off, college meetings with my son and I just cant fit it in. Oh well.

Have a great day.

Today I did the Beginner treadmill workout from the app I downloaded onto my Nook. It was really good, I enjoyed it. It was tough, though. It goes from jogging to sprinting at a 4% incline and goes back and forth with no rest. I don't feel that is a beginner workout! LOL!! The only thing that could have made the workout better would have been some music but that really isn't a big deal. I listened to my new Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie CD. Excellent, by the way, those two sound great together. The workout was only 30 minutes but I was sweating tons. I'm used to CC where you do an interval and then rest for a minute or so. This one was non-stop running/sprinting.

There are probably 6 other workouts on this app and one is a Tabata one. Not sure how you would do that on a treadmill with 10 and 20 second intervals. The treadmill take about 5 seconds to get to speed so not sure how that would work. I may try it one of these days, though.

Workout was 30 minutes, went 2.27 miles, burned 221 calories (app said 386) and went 4446 steps. Avg. HR was 124 and Max was 150.

I walked to get to 2.5 miles after this, I wanted a bit more so I kept going, then I did the Ab work from SJ&P

I am running late so sorry for no personals today. Hope you all have great workouts!!!

Today I did Kelly Coffey Total Body Kickbox combined workouts, 58 minutes, 416 calories, avg heart rate 136, max 185, 4,412 steps. I am still wondering about the high heart rate. On the weight workout my heart rate was very low. I was hoping the update would help as I am not breathing really hard or anything. I guess I should try and stop and check my pulse, but I always have a hard time getting it and by the time I do it has dropped. I decided to do the other split workout on Body Shop, shoulders and triceps, 19 minutes, 63 calories, heart rate 92 average, max 128, 242 steps. Total time was 77 minutes, 479 calories.
Weights for Body shop shoulders and triceps
shoulder press single arm with leg raise laterally 8# 10 reps 3 sets
lateral raise with knee up single arm 8# 10 reps 3 sets
triceps (overhead extensions pull down to front knee) single arm 8# 10 reps 3 sets 4th set just overhead triceps extension single 10 reps then 10 pulses
Triceps kickbacks single arm lunge stance 15# 10 reps 3 sets 4th set 10's# run arm triceps extensions 10 reps

Debbie, I put on my own music when I used fitnessblender.com . Maybe the slowing down part is the 10 minutes rest for the tabatas :) Sometimes with things like that the instructor takes into consideration the slow down period. Or maybe they slow and step off to the side rails for 10 seconds. I have a kelly workout where she uses the treadmill and slows it down a bit then steps off for the weight work leaving it running and then gets back on. I use my spin bike or the tread climber. It takes me a bit to get off the spin bike and is not quite as easy as the tread climber. There is usually enough time, but I am grabbing the dumbbell quickly.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.