Lifting like girls

Made it home, the trip was great! We did have to wait on the plane for over an hour on landing due to a plane taking our gate because of a medical emergency. but eventually they let us go. Today I opted for back and bis, 3 sets of chins, 3 sets of pullovers and 3 sets of pulldowns. For bi's, 2 sets of ez bar curls, 2 sets of alt dumbbell curls, 2 sets conc curls and finished with a set of decline curls to F. Only work today this week, daughter in law is having surgery and we felt we needed to be there, so, short work week! Have a tolerable Monday friends!

Tom, I would say "welcome home" but sounds like you are heading right back out. Hope your DIL's surgery goes well. That's never fun. You know what else is not fun? Decline curls to failure!!! Way to go

Karen, I know you better than anyone understands motherhood survival mode. Why can't we skip this stage and go straight to grandkids? Haha! Seriously, I do love it...most of the time! What's your new training plan?

Saturday was Buff Upper Body Live. Great stuff. Today I had no mojo so I did KCM Raw 888 from YouTube. This is one of my go to workouts when I have zero motivation. It did the job!

Chest and tris in "ye ole dungeon". I started with a bench pyramid, 20# increments 115-195 (7)-135 (12) other than marked, all sets were 8 reps. Next, I did 3x8 inclined bench to finish off "pec day". For tri's, 3x8 skullcrushers, 3x8 pushdowns, and finished with a burnout set of 25 double arm kickbacks. I wanted to do some pushups but I was spent and figured I might faceplant and chip some teeth soooooo...no pushups! Off to a meeting this morning then to St. Louis...have a good one Commando sistas!

Tom, you raise a great question - can a dentist fix his/her own teeth? Maybe. But definitely not if the teeth damage happens after an arm paralyzing workout!!!

Karen, how are you?

Today was leg day, and I didn't wanna! But I did. Legs & Glutes Live. In this workout, Cathe announces that one of the class regulars - Nicole from S&S series - is engaged. This Live is about 2 year old, so I always wonder. ..did Nicole ever end up getting married?!? She would probably be so creeped out if she knew a random stranger from Cathe Live was so curious about her life. Lol!!!

Hello friends!! Well, I'm still doing MetaShred, only because I haven't come up with a new program. This weekend I will need to come up with something. So not into it any more. I'm thinking of something like four days of heavy weights, and two days of something that will get my heartrate up. I hope to use Cathe premixes, Cathe Live, mostly Cathe stuff, with a little bit of everything I have. Believe me, I think I have everything ever made. I have been such a vidiot.
Work has been very busy, and I have been shirking my posting duties. Anyway, it looks like you both are doing well, and Lisa, you raise a great question: can a dentist fix his/her own teeth. My thoughts are no, and I only have my own experience with needles, to answer this. Trying to stick one in my own mouth, I would surely pass out, and my teeth would be the least of my worries. I'm thinking skull fracture, two broken arms, and a needle sticking out of my sinus cavity. You laugh, but I'm sure I could do it.
Anyway guys, that's all for now. Talk later!

Today was shoulders and I didn't really feels as strong as I thought I should be so I took it out on ME by doing a 10 set pyramid of standing strict press and 2 sets of seated dumbbell press, followed by 3x10 1 arm side laterals, 3x12 rear delt flys, 3x10 barbell front raise and 3x25 dumbbell shrugs. I finished with a short set of planks and 30 cable crunches.
Karen, I cracked up on your post! Y'all are both correct, the answer is a big NO on fixing your own teeth. I used to give myself small infiltrations inside my lower lip just to test out topicals to see what worked best, but blocks etc are too hard to figure out angles....we don't want any needles sticking out our sinuses now do we?? lol I will be curious to see if you lost any strength "shredding up" with metashred, if you get back on heavy weights. I would like to loose some "trunk weight", but don't want to get weaker doing it. Also, when I loose weight my face gets "scary thin" and I can always wear a shirt!! So many questions, so little ambition to do anything different!
Lisa, I reported you to "stalkers anonymous" . I laughed because only girls would wonder that....we guys just eval if they look good! Good on ya for doing legs when your heart wasn't in it! Well, I'm off to do nothing...such is the semi retired life!!

Karen, STAY away from the needles! Lol, you've really thought this through! I believe that you have every video ever made, and from one less successful vidiot to another, let me say that I am jealous!!! Sorry life is so crazy that you got stuck with one more week of Meta Shred. At least now you can say with 100% confidence that you got your money's worth. See, it's justification for your vidiot status!

Tom, I love that you take out your frustration on yourself. Show yourself who's boss with those weights! Yeah, it's always a tough balance between leanness and not losing the muscle. Especially don't want a sallow face!

Yesterday was RWH Upper Body and today was Cardio Boxing Live. Sooooo glad it's Thursday. Enjoy my friends

Since my main issues with lifting are always joint or tendon problems, I decided to lighten up a little and go slower and stricter, emphasizing the eccentric phase a little more. I really felt that by doing that it isolated the muscle group I was working better and I got a good fry! Today was arms and I still did supersets: tri pushdowns/ ez bar curls (4x10 each), skullcrushers/alternate dumbbell curl (3x10 each), inclined dumbbell tri ext/ decline curls (2x10 each), double arm kickbacks 2x15/ conc curls 2x8, and finished with 50 crunches and 25 cable crunches. Tomorrow I am going to try to do a leg day, but it may be more like calf day...we will see. Right knee has not been happy for a long time and that makes it tough to hit quads but gotta figure out something, don't wanna look like a bowling ball on toothpicks......shudder!! ITS FRIDAY!!!!

Dismal leg day as predicted. I started with bench squats and it was ugly, only going to 135 and I quit early on the first set at 5, had a heart to heart and did a set of 8 but really pathetic! I guess I shouldn't be upset, it's only 100+ pounds under what I previously used not that long ago! Next I did 3x15 sumo squats, 1x10 static lunges and decided these were NOT going to work because the knee is sore and I feel like my guts are coming out my abdominal wall on the right side so I subbed kb gob squats x20x15x20. For calves, 3x30 barbell calf raises and 3x20 single calf raises. Not a happy camper about the w/o, but don't know what the alternative is,,,did the best I could do....I think? I am trying to get smarter and not get injured, but the older I get, the easier that seems to be. That is todays "NEGATIVITY REPORT", be sure to tune in next time for "SLACKER TOM'S EXCUSE SHOW" where I demonstrate weight lifting without weights!! Guess it is time to stop bragging on my intestinal fortitude and go do some "depression eating"! Have a great weekend y'all!

I did manage some core work today, pretty sure I need it! I supersetted cable crunches 3 x20 with seated knee ins 3x20. 1 set of 90 degree leglifts, and 5 minutes of alternate side planks. To balance out with some posterior chain work, I did 2 sets of light deads 205x12 (conv) x12 (sumo). I am not used to doing sets of 12 on deads and wow, it was a HR elevator.....calling it cardio!! Enjoy your Sunday Commandos!

Another chest and tri day, 8 set pyramid of flat bench in 20# increments from 115-195(6)-135(12) all sets of 8 except those listed, followed by 3x8 inclined bench and a 1x25 burnout set of pushups. For tris, 3 sets of skullcrushers, 3 sets of pushdowns and 2 sets of double arm kickbacks as a finisher. All in all, 12 sets of chest (with pushups) and 8 sets of tris and it feels good.....I think! Hope Monday is off to a good start for y'all!

Tom, I wouldn't judge if you did a BW only leg day. Just ask Karen. Those are hard!

Karen, what you been up to?

Last Friday was legs. Saturday was UB + Shelly Dose core from YouTube. Today was another leg day, a Fitness Blender mix of plyo and heavy weights. Will try to take a walk later since it's actually sunny outside, not raining for the first time in days!!!!

Hey guys!! Well here it is Monday, and I'm thinking, "what am I gonna do for a workout, today?" Got nothing done this weekend, except for the house and yard stuff. So, I bought Michelle Dozois Peak 10 program a couple of years ago, and also Paul Katami's Katami 4X4. I haven't done either program. So, I'm thinking I may pull them out, and give them a run. Katami is a 16 week program, and I'm not sure how long Michelle's program runs. I'm sure it's around 12 weeks. Starting one or both of them the 1st of November. I have a meeting in St. George, this week, and my exercise may consist of biking or a run/walk through the red rocks.
Until then, I'm doing Cathe Live, and I must say, I love them.
Will definitely let you know what's going on.

Yes, and it’s a perfect fit. Delicious recipes with great spices. I never thought I would ever think this way, but I am loving it! I’m having a love-in with all kinds of veggies, quinoa, brown rice, and like I said spices. I have had a wheat grinder for years, and it has worked harder in the last 2 months, than the whole 25 years I’ve had it. Making my own whole wheat bread. A match made in heaven! Thanks for asking! It works for us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could NOT answer the bell yesterday, lousy night sleep and sleeping just sounded better! I did do a max out set of chin ups at work and just postponed back and bi day till today. I really felt like this was a "maintain day", not that I didn't apply effort but probably not 100%! Today was 3x8 chin ups, 3x10 pullovers, 3x10 lat pulldowns and for bi's, 3x10 ez bar curls, 2x8 alt DB curl, 2x8 conc curls and 1x12 dec curls as a finisher.
Karen, vegan sounds like work!.I admire the tenacity, but I think I would starve to death! How do you get enough protein..I struggle eating meat and protein shakes and bars. I try to get about 200 grams/day and often don't get there despite supplementing. Off to breakfast (definitely NOT vegan) then to remove noxious elements from human heads....have a great day Ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.