Hardcore Fitness Maniacs check in for August 2017

This morning I did Strong and Sweaty Bootcamp 44 minutes, heart rate average 125/ max 169, 311 calories, 1,987 steps. I then did the bonus abs from Fit tower, 12 minutes, 38 calories. Total time was 57 minutes, 349 calories. I spent way too much time this morning trying to decide what I wanted to do. I even printed up some Body Beast worksheets. Then I looked at the at a couple of rotations of Cathe's I was kind of interested in. I started the Strong and Ripped one but added the abs. I take Sundays off so I started with the Sunday workout since they have Saturdays off. I am not even sure I want to do it yet though. I also kind of liked the look of the Fit tower/Ripped with Hitt/ Strong and Sweaty rotation. Both are just 30 days. But then I though I might want something a bit more muscle building? We will see. I guess being tired doesn't help. Maybe I will add some Fit Tower to the Strong and Ripped rotation.

Diane Sue - No, I didn't do Giant Sets. I copied what I did last time I did Pyramids and I did Giant Sets with it. Ooops, forgot to delete that part. Nice workout today!

Last edited:
Today I did Chest and Leg Ext. I put together a workout doing 3 sets at the same weight, 12 reps with a one minute rest. Then I did a Back off Set with no rest right into a Drop Set. This was tough but I loved it. My chest and quads are fried! Workout was 46 minutes and I burned 285 calories. Average heart rate was 108 and max was 141.

Warm Up Chest Press DB's-
15# x 15, x 12

Chest Press DB's-
25# x 12, x 12, x 12
20# x 15 BOS
15# x 15 DS

Chest Flies-
20# x 12, x 12, x 12
15# x 20 BOS
12# x 20 DS

Incline Chest Press DB's-
25# x 12, x 12, x 12
20# x 15 BOS
15# x 15 DS

Leg Extensions-
40# x 20
50# x 18, x 16, x 14, x 12, x 10
40# x 10 BOS
30# x 10 DS

Debbie, Nice workout you put together today. I love the Pyramid workouts so that is a great add on to any workout. I am really changing up my rep pattern for the next month to see if I can create some change. Great job on the heart rate and calorie burn!

Diane Sue, Nice workout today. Good job on the heart rate getting up there this morning. I took a break halfway through my workout to change the laundry. I had a hard time getting started today, I had to put a workout together and had no idea of what I wanted to do. I went to a party on Saturday night and stayed up past mid night and it killed me. I go to bed by 9pm every night so the lack of sleep was hard on me yesterday and today. One good thing about it was I had a great time!

Roselyn
, good luck with Meso 2 today!

Have a wonderful day.

Today I did 4DS Kickbox and had a great workout. I love this kickboxing workout, it's fun and it's short and sweet.

Workout was 32 minutes, Avg HR was 119 and Max was 160. I burned 210 calories and went 3095 steps.

I also walked on my treadmill for 1 mile and burned an extra 94 calories and went an additional 2147 steps.

I was reading up on the new workouts and they really don't sound like 4DS. I don't see the body parts with each workout being done like on 4DS. Not sure I want to get them. I'll have to wait and watch the clips when she puts them up.

Roselyn - Nice job with your workout!!

Jolie - Nice workout yesterday, you have some really good calorie burns when you lift. Lucky you! I also love the Pyramid workouts. I wish Cathe would go back to those types of workouts and do new ones.

Diane Sue - Nice workout yesterday! Hope you have a great one today!!!

Today I did Strong and Sweaty Total Body Giant Sets that was next in that rotation, 61 minutes with stops, 255 calories, heart rate 106/169. The 169 must have been my 2 minutes peak of the workout, 43 minutes was fat burn, 16 minutes was cardio, 1059 steps. I then added on Fit Tower segment that was single leg push down with a 20# dumbbell 3 times with the stretch. I like this move because I can really feel it in the glutes. I finished off with KCM Body Design cardio boot camp and cool down, 16 minutes, 103 calories, 1,246 steps. Total time was 92 minutes, 391 calories.

Debbie, nice work on the cardio today. You got a lot of steps in. I kind of wish there were more body part workouts. So many are Total Body or upper and lower. Lower is okay with me, but I get a bit tired of all of the jumping segments between the weights. So many instructors seem to be doing that now. Some is okay, but there is times I just want to do weights and keep my cardio separate. Plus back to back days with plyo type moves is killer on the knees. Cathe does put in some good premixes though where you can separate body parts and even do extra sets.

Jolie, I tend to lose my focus when I am that tired. I try to be in bed between 9 and 10. Staying up late never works for me because I still wake up early at the same time in the morning even if I do not have to. I always seem to get a high percent fat burn when I do weight workouts.. I was a little surprised at my high heart rate for 2 minutes of Strong and Sweaty Total Body today.

Roselyn, I am enjoying having my Fit Tower and do like the use of the band with the tower for some of the moves too.

This morning I did a mix of Pyramids and S&S Ramped Up. Worked Biceps & Triceps today and had a great workout!! This is a great mix with these two workouts, my bi's and tri's felt it big time.

This is what I did:

TRICEPS
From Pyramids:
Kickbacks:
5's/8's/10's/8's/5's - 12/10/8/10/12 reps
Overhead Extension: 15#/20#/25#/20#/15# - 12/10/8/10/12 reps

BICEPS
From Pyramids:
Hammer Curls:
10's/12's/15's/12's/10's - 12/10/8/10/12 reps
Regular Curls: 10's/12's/15's/12's/10's - 12/10/8/10/12 reps

From Ramped Up:
TRICEPS
Close Grip Bench Press: 20's - 8 reps
Close Grip Bench Press: 20's - 12 reps
Dips: Skipped
Lying Extensions: 12's - 3 sets/different patterns

BICEPS
Hammer Curls: 15's - 12 reps
Sweeping Curls: 15's - 12 reps
Isolation Curls: 12's - 4 reps of very slow pattern
Standing Bicep Curls: 15's - 12 reps
Band Crazy Eights: Tubing doing this two times through

Workout was 36 minutes, Avg. HR was 76, Max was 113, burned 83 calories.

Walked on my Treadmill for 1 mile and got an additional 125 calorie burn. Went 2222 steps.

Diane Sue - Nice workout yesterday! And I agree, most workouts are total body, I don't care for that. I'll just have to see what these workouts entail. I may get them. I was just hoping they'd be more like 4DS.

Roselyn - Good job with your workout, glad you are liking those workouts.

Jolie - Hope all is well!!!

Debbie, nice workout today. I have Ramped Up Upper on my schedule for tomorrow. I like the way you used the Pyramid workout with it. I too was hoping for something like 4Day Split but of course a bit different. The problem with Total Body is I feel like I am not targeting a muscle group enough to really get good results. Sometimes I like to add a body part from another workout to the Total Body just so I can hit at least one part well enough.

This mornings workout on the rotation was RWH Low Impact Hiit #1. So I did the extreme mix of 1 and 2, 331 calories, 50 minutes, 133 average 162 max heart rate, 3,501 steps. I then did Ice Low Impact Sweat cardio #1 premix, 27 minutes, 173 calories, 130/161 heart rate, 1,577 steps. I finished off with Suzanne Bowen's Barre Amped Stretch lower body, 189 minutes, 32 calories. Total time was 96 minutes, 536 calories. I need to run back to the grocery store and maybe to my daughters for awhile.

Today I did Biceps and Triceps. I did the same type of workout as I did yesterday with the Back off Sets and Drop Sets. My Chest is so sore from my workout yesterday, I couldn't kick box today so I did arms. This workout fries the body part. Time Under Tension really works.

BB Curls-
35# x 12, x 12, x 12
30# x 12 BOS
25# x 12 DS

Seated Alternating Curls with a twist-
20# x 12, x 12, x 10
15# x 16 BOS
12# x 16 DS

Hammer Curls-
15# x 12, x 12, x 12
12# x 17 BOS
10# x 17 DS

Lying Triceps Ext.-
15# x 12, x 12, x 12
12# x 14 BOS
10# x 14 DS

Cross Body Ext.-
12# x 12, x 12, x 12
10# x 20 BOS
8# x 20 DS

2 Arm Kickbacks-
8 # x 12, x 12, x 12 (should have gone heavier)
5# x 25 BOS
5# x 25 DS

Workout was 1 hour and 2o minutes and I burned 351 Calories. Average heart rate was 109 and max was 160.

Debbie, nice job on the kick boxing today. I always wait to purchase new workouts after I see the preview. A lot of the times they are not what I expected. If they are anything like any of the Cathe Live workouts I wont get them because I can just have Cathe Live for $10 per month. I like to lift heavy in the winter time and add cardio in between like elliptical, treadmill or kick boxing. If the weight segments are not heavy and more metabolic type lifting I will not order them. I don't know why I always get good calorie burns when lifting either?

Diane Sue, I will check back in to see what you did for your workout.

Roselyn, nice job on the STS workouts!

Have a nice day. It is 20 degrees cooler here today!!!!

I forgot to post yesterday, I did Arms. Today I Shoulders and walked on the TM for 30 minutes, 6.0 % incline, 3.2 speed and total calories burned were 521.

Warm Up Overhead Press DB-
12# x 12

Seated Overhead Press DB-
20# x 12, x 12, x 12
15# x 12 BOS
12# x 12 DS

1 Arm Lat Raise-
12# x 12, x 12, x 12
2 Arm Lat Raise-
10# x 12 BOS
8# x 12 DS

Rear Flies-
12# x 12, x 12, x 12
10# x 12 BOS
8# x 12 DS

Upright Rows DB-
15# x 12. x 12, x 12
12# x 12
10# x 12

Debbie, Nice workout today. You are right, that looks like a kick butt workout. You should try what I am doing for a week, my muscles are fried by the end and I am so sore the next day. I love it!

Diane Sue,
nice job on the workouts. It is nice to get that many steps in that early into the day.

Roselyn,
I hope you have a nice workout today.

It is only 77 degrees here today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Jolie, nice workouts yesterday and today. That is a nice temperature today for you. Enjoy your beautiful day. We have had rain and a bit cooler. Still upper 80's and 90+. Humid as well since the sun is out right now. I am going to try to drag me and my allergies outside and do yard work. I wore a mask and gloves this morning to pull out tons of toadstools that I didn't want to take a chance on my dog eating. Mold allergens are high right now. Odd I read on a allergy organization some foods to eliminate with mold allergies and peanuts was one of them. I usually do not eat peanut butter because of the leptins in them. But it was all I had for a nut butter and I used it with my protein powder last week. I broke out in patches on my eyelids and cheeks. When I ran out of the peanut butter it cleared up. I have read that peanuts often carry molds and toxins as does coffee beans.

Woke up today feeling like I was drugged. Had a bad headache and just could not wake up. I told my DH we need to hook up our CO detectors, I just don't feel right in our house lately. We will get those up later on today. Also, I stretched (like you do when you wake up, arms above your head and pulling yourself upwards) and I pulled a muscle in my upper back. Dangit. I am running the tennis ball over it right now but there is definitely a knot in there again. Hopefully it won't last long. I almost didn't workout but wanted to get a run in so I opted for Cardio Coach 1 since it's short.

Workout was 36 minutes, ran 2.5 miles, burned 241 calories (TM said 340) and went 5045 steps. Avg HR was 115 and Max was 156 although it wasn't at 156 for long, every time I looked at my FB after a challenge I was only in the 120's.

I wanted to do abs but thought that might not be a good idea with the way my upper back is. I stretched and used the foam roller a bit.

Diane Sue - Have fun with Ramped Up today, I like that workout but hate the music. When I was doing Pyramids yesterday and Monday I just loved the music in that workout. I wonder why Cathe is going with that horrible stuff with the new workouts? Maybe she's trying to attract the younger women?

Jolie - Dang, nice workouts you have been having. I have been extremely sore this week as well. My biceps are even sore today and that usually doesn't happen. Nice job!!!

Debbie, I know you are not supposed to stretch till you have been moving around a bit, but it is hard to remember that when you climb out of bed and feel stiff. I did that yesterday anhad a cramp in my pec muscle. I bet massaging it out will do the trick. Good idea to forgo the abs today. You can make it up later if you want. Yes, i am not a fan of a lot of the music in the new ones. I think Party Rockn step and those others that came out at the same time are the last ones that I didnt mind the music on.

Today is a rest day. I am not feeling well, very tired, I had a cough going to bed last night, I have an ear ache and I have tightness in my chest. I am so freaked out because my husbands good friend just died of a heart attack at the age of 53. I wonder if I should go to the doctor?

Debbie, nice workout even though you weren't feeling it today.

I will check back in later to check post.

So I drove myself to the doctors without an appointment and got to see a nurse. I think I was having an anxiety attack. My blood pressure was just a little high, I was dizzy, lightheaded, chest pains and upset stomach. I am going in tomorrow for a check up with my doctor. A big part of why I have anxiety is my husband will not work out because all he cares about is work and money. That is how he judges himself, where I grade myself on how fit and healthy I am and how well my boys turn out. He takes an obscene amount of vitamins but no exercise. He drives approximately 3 hours a day for work on top of a 10 to 12 hour work day and he works 6 days a week. I am very scared he is going to drop dead and leave me to handle everything! And since I don't work right now that is very stressful. I do have life insurance on him but, come on!!!

Sorry to vent...I am going crazy here. Do your spouses workout?

Today I did Turbo Fire Low Impact 20, 19 minutes, 123 calories, average heart rate 140 max 173, 1,759 steps. I followed this with Strong and Sweaty Ramped Up Upper body mix with the abs, basic mix 1, 75 minutes(15 minutes longer than actual) 324 calories, heart rate 98 average max 140, 1,328 steps. I had to estimate calories because I had taken the Fit Bit out of its frame and put it in a different band after cardio and it was in wrong. It still gave this heart rate though but the calorie burn for the 75 minutes was 115??Map My FItness gave me 407, Workout manager, lowering to a met value of 5.0 was 331. Workout manager was much higher at a met of 7. Calories burned net using Fit Bit heart rate was 222. What I used was what I had on My Fitness Pal previously. I finished off with Barre Amped Upper Body Stretch, 13 minutes, 22 calories. Total time was 1 hr 47 minutes, calories burned 469.
Ramped Up Upper
one arm row R 30# 16 reps 1 arm back fly 10# 10 reps L same as right
One arm row R 30# 16 reps 1 arm back fly 10# 10 reps L same
pullovers 35# 10 reps 35# 10 reps
rear delt flys 10# 10/10 reps 10/10 reps
T band pulls 16/16 reps
chest flys 15's 12 reps followed by push ups 12,10,8
chest flys 15's 12 reps fllowed by 4 sets of 2.1.1 ct.
triceps close grips bench press 20's 8 reps ; 20's 12 reps
triceps dips 32 reps, 16 reps
lying extensions 12's 8 reps; 12's 4 sets of 2.1.1. ct; 12's 8 reps
standing overhead triceps extensions 25# dumbbell 10 reps
triceps band kickback 8,7,7,8 reps
overhead press 15's , 12 reps , 15# front raise 12 reps/ lateral raise 5's , 8 reps, 4 partial reps, 4 reps repeat
lateral band circles 64 reps
band kickbacks rear delts 32 reps
hammer curls 20's 12 reps
sweeping curls 15's 12 reps
biceps isolation curls 12's 4 reps of up half hold up and down
standing biceps curls 15's 12 reps
bicpes crazy 8's resistance band 48 reps

Jolie, I understand anxiety. I am learning not to worry so much. Most of the things I picture in my mind never happen. It is good that you have the time for your boys. My husband has worked out off and on over the years. This time he has stuck with it over a year and is wanting to up his weights and get a weight bench. He uses the Tread Climber as well. When I children were growing up he had his main job and for years at least two part time jobs. He was gone a lot too and I did daycare which I chose so I could be home with my children. Try not to worry. The stress does you and your family no good. Just know we tend to build things up bigger in our minds than they end up being. I pray and turn my worries over to God and let Him take care of it and that helps me a lot.

So sorry Jolie, anxiety can be paralyzing, I have been there, keep taking care of yourself, and as Diane Sue said give it to God, my husband did a turn around with exercise it will happen, he plays basketball a couple days a week (don't know how much longer his knees can take it ) :) Starting to lift too.

So today was a metabolic live workout, tomorrow on tap is sts legs week 2 hypertrophy

My upper back was still bothering me a little today so instead of working shoulders I just walked on my treadmill for a little while, However, while walking on my TM my cat (the one that was sick) brought a mole in my workout room that he caught to show me. LOL!! Damn thing was still alive when he brought in it there but eventually he killed it. It kept running under my treadmill but he finally got it and then I put my step topper over it so my DH could do whatever with it when he got up. LOL!!! Spaz was so proud of himself. I kept telling him he was a good kitty. Good hunter!

I walked on my TM for 2.25 miles,burned 249 calories and went 5616 steps.

Diane Sue - Yes, I probably shouldn't have stretched like that right when I got up, but I do it every morning. I'll be careful next time. LOL!! I'm feeling better today so I'm happy about that.

Jolie - Wow, watch that stress level, you are making yourself sick. Life works the way it works - it is what it is as they say. No, my DH doesn't workout but he walks all day at work and eats pretty well. I sometimes wish he was more active after work but I also understand that he's tired and stressed. So just take care of yourself, your husband is a big boy. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Roselyn - Nice workout!! You are kicking butt lately!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.