@DAILY CHECK IN WEDNESDAY AUGUST 16@

Calico

Cathlete
Hi ladies,

Today I taught my kickboxing workout to 9 ladies for 52 minutes.

Then I did about 37 minutes of weight work which was light to medium in poundage.

Found out yesterday that I have osteoarthritis in my neck and degenerative disc disease in C3-6 and I have to see a neurosurgeon. Because one of discs must be pressing on the nerve going to my arm. [emoji53]

So that's where I am, waiting to get in with the neurosurgeon.

And the neighbors put up a big privacy fence between our houses.

Have a great day and workout!![emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hi (((Annette))) .....so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I will share that it isn't unmanageable for me & that I truly hope it will not be for you. I've managed osteoarthritis in my neck since I was 22 (now 38). For me the worst is when I lose all strength in my left hand & drops things, although I have found electro-acupuncture REALLY helps with the nerve pain/loss. I "make" my own alpaca fleece pillow which also has helped tremendously. Actually I just went from shredded talalay latex to the fleece/wool. I would suggest experimenting ....the right pillow can make a huge difference! Please keep me updated on how things go with the surgeon. Did the doctor suggest any other more conservative txs?

Hi (((Annette))) .....so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I will share that it isn't unmanageable for me & that I truly hope it will not be for you. I've managed osteoarthritis in my neck since I was 22 (now 38). For me the worst is when I lose all strength in my left hand & drops things, although I have found electro-acupuncture REALLY helps with the nerve pain/loss. I "make" my own alpaca fleece pillow which also has helped tremendously. Actually I just went from shredded talalay latex to the fleece/wool. I would suggest experimenting ....the right pillow can make a huge difference! Please keep me updated on how things go with the surgeon. Did the doctor suggest any other more conservative txs?
No, just have to see a neurosurgeon and see what they say. Honestly, I am tired of the PT and from what I have read, they could recommend PT, sigh. I will keep you informed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone,

Today I did a quick skogg workout as I slept in. Yikes!

Annette - sorry to read your news. that said, you still put in a stellar workout

Elsie - you make your own pillows? You are such an interesting person. What is your sun sign? Cancer? July? You are just so eclectic in your interests and abilities and so caring/sharing. I love that about you. So knowledgeable. This I know - you must have 1's and 6's in your birthday e.g. day/mth/yr because you are such a curious person and a natural learner - I can tell.

I hope to see you all tomorrow!!!!

Hi ladies! I'm sorry Annette. I hope things will go easily for you and reduce the pain. Elsie it's so nice to have you back! I hope you're ok and your life is settling down. I've been sort of worn out lately and am planning on going to a chiropractor/nutritionist. Perhaps he can help with my issues and menopausal symptoms. I keep doing my daily workouts because it really does make me feel better but I have to modify here and there for some things. Anyway....I hope everyone has a relaxing evening.

Peg, after reading everything you have been getting done this summer, I can understand how you might be exhausted. I am so sorry that have been struggling with meno symptoms. I think, though, that you will find something/s that works for you! You're a nurse/clinician if I remember correctly right? I think I may have picked your brain before. lol. Things are somewhat settling here. I think it might be awhile before we get everything moved in here though as I am really taking my time, not sweating it too much & I have also just applied for some new & different volunteer positions. As passionate as I am about mental illness advocacy, I think I want to "get out of myself" & look to something different. You have yourself a nice evening too.
Siobhan, you are such an intuitive woman! I am a Sagg (introvert & always learning, yes..lol), but you got me on the numbers!!! ;) It's about time you got to sleep in!!!
Annette, I definitely get what you mean about getting tired of PT. Take gentle care.

My brain is pretty scattered with where I want to take my workouts next. I am leaning in so many directions. Maybe I will follow your lead, Ceci, & get back into KBs although I found that I outgrew the weights I have and needed heavier. Although I will likely find what I have a challenge as of now, not having done it for a little while.
As for my w-o today, I was pretty tired after the day I had, so it was another hilly walk for me! The weather in the evenings is gorgeous ....not too hot.
That's enough flapping of my gums, as we say back home. See you tomorrow friends. Hey to Linda, Missy Hiett & Henriette.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.