← Back to Cathe Homepage
I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Nutrition & Miscellaneous
1. Since animal protien contains 22 of the essential amino acids it is considered to be a _____ protein.
5. It is necessary to consume 3,500 calories in order to gain one _____ of fat.
6. High _____ intake is associated with high blood pressure.
8. _____ twitch fibers are recruited for sprintlike activities.
11. Hormone secreted by the pancreas that increases the use of glucose by the tissues of the body.
12. Also known as roughage.
13. _____ are contained in carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. (Body fuel)
15. High-fiber diets are linked to a reduced risk of _____ cancer.
17. Every time you go on a drastic diet you lower your _____ a little more.
19. _____ is an eating disorder characterized by alternate cycles of binging and then purging.
2. Mood-elevating, pain killing substances produced by the brain.
3. The three body types are ectomorphic, endomorphic, and _____.
4. Table sugar.
7. This mineral is abundant in red meat.
9. Fat caused by a network of connecive tissue fibers that attach muscle to skin. Usually identified by its "rippling" effect.
10. There are two types of cholesterol: HDL and LDL. HDL stands for high density _____.
14. Carbohydrates come in two forms: simple and _____.
16. _____ contains no calories or vitamins, yet is essential in large quantities for the human body to function properly.
18. _____ twitch fibers are recruited for endurance type activities.