← Back to Cathe Homepage
I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Health & Fitness
1. _____ acid is the by-product of anerobic metabolism of glucose in the muscle.
5. Vessel that carries blood toward the heart.
7. _____ stretching is bouncy movement which is frowned upon in the aerobic industry as a cool down stretch.
8. Maximum force or tension that a muscle or muscle group can produce against resistance.
10. A hormone that is released that creates a feeling of an exercise high.
14. Swelling in body tissues.
16. A drug that stimulates increased water excretion in the body.
18. A disease common in older people. Softening of the bones.
19. Training method used to increase the workload beyond the body's normal capacity.
20. A _____ injury persists for a long time.
21. The measure of the amount of heat necessary to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water 1 degee.
23. Muscles should mostly be worked in full range of _____.
25. A warm-up includes a mixture of movement and stretching. Which should come first?
26. _____ syndrome occurs from too much activity that places excessive stress on the body. Common injuries due to this syndrome include tendonitis and shin splints.
27. Aerobic means in the presense of _____.
28. The RICE treatment is the most recommended treatment following an injury. Rice stands for rest, ice, compress and _____.
2. Another name for fat tissue.
3. 220 minus your age is the formula used to determine your maximum _____ rate.
4. _____ reducing is a popular, but false, assumption that an individual can burn fat only in a desired area.
6. CPR stans for Cardiopulmonary _____.
9. Another name for sugar.
11. Inflamation of the bursa sac.
12. The _____ metabolic rate is the energy requirement necessary for the maintenance of life.
13. Abnormally low blood sugar.
15. The waisting away of any organ cell resulting from a decrease or lack of use.
17. The talk test is also known as the _____ exertion test.
22. A verbal technique used to describe the next movement or exercise that is about to occur.
24. 220 minus your age multiplied by (60-70 percent) is a formula used to measure your _____ heart rate.