I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
The Cathe Crossword
Fitness & Health #99
1. An _____ contraction occurs when the muscle lengthens during a contraction.
5. Another term for a runner's gait.
8. An active bodily exertion performed to develop or maintain fitness.
10. An _____ contraction occurs when the muscle shortens and movement is produced at a constant tension.
11. Another term for a first degree burn.
12. An ovoid basic wonder food.
15. An electrolyte and mineral that helps keep the body's water and electrolyte balance is known as _____.
16. Anorexia nervosa is a psychological and physiological condition characterized by a refusal or inability to _____.
18. Another term for the ab exercise "roman" chair is _____ chair.
21. An _____ refers to an exercise that usually brings a muscle to full exhaustion.
22. An increase of blood supply to a muscle, thereby bringing in more nutrients.
23. An _____ nutrient is one that must be supplied by the diet because it cannot be produced in sufficient quantities by the body.
25. An indicator of injury.
26. An _____ training routine involves timed bouts of high intensity cardio alternated with longer periods of lower intensity cardio exercise.
28. An antioxidant and anti-vampire food.
30. An indoor/outdoor workout program that uses body weight-based exercises combined with running and obstacle course work is called _____ camp.
32. An upper body part that rotates.
33. An advanced technique in which you stress the eccentric phase of an exercise. This technique is a great way to condition your body to a new weight when you've reached a strength plateau.
35. Anaerobic exercise produces _____ _____.
40. Anatomy adjuster.
42. An inclined adventure.
43. An ideology that maintains that the value of food is in its nutrients and not in the food itself.
44. An _____ helps in reducing or eliminating pain.
45. An increase in muscle mass from resistance exercise has been shown to elevate the resting _____ rate of some persons.
46. An example of a super set that combines two exercise for the same muscle group would be dumbbell chest flys with _____ presses.
2. Another term for the heart (2 words).
3. An easy exercise said to strengthen heart.
4. An _____ exercise is optional and may supplement a basic exercise.
5. An overheated body can result in this.
6. An herb that is a stimulant.
7. An instrument used to clean our teeth.
9. An exercise set performed immediately after another exercise set without rest (2 words).
13. An herb that contains a significant amount of caffeine.
14. An exercise designed to extend the limbs and muscles to their full extent by expanding muscles and limbs by lengthening or widening.
17. An inflammation of the tongue.
19. An ergogenic _____ is a performance enhancing substance.
20. An increase in velocity.
21. An _____ exercise is one that involves just one discernable joint movement.
24. An _____ is a muscle directly engaged in contraction responsible for body part movement.
27. Another way to measure exercise intensity is by what is called perceived _____.
29. An unhealthy obsession with healthy eating (slang).
31. An above-normal stress or load applied to a muscle or muscle group to elicit an enhanced training response.
34. An _____ tends to increase muscular power, endurance or size.
36. An amino acid that encourages the burning of fat for energy rather than carbohydrates.
37. Another term for one rep max is _____ strength, the maximum amount a person can lift in one repetition.
38. Anatomical term meaning closer to the trunk of the body.
39. An exercise for the lower back that is also a name of a super hero.
41. Angulation outward and away from the midline of the body.