I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
The Cathe Crossword
Fitness & Health #98
5. _____ has a mild taste, often described as a cross between a cabbage and a turnip or a radish.
6. _____ has calcium, iron, niacin, and vitamin E, and is a great way to get omega-3 fatty acids.
9. _____ fat may actually improve cholesterol levels.
13. _____ drinks replace ions that are lost in sweat, and provide additional glucose to fuel anaerobic and aerobic respiration.
15. _____ fight cancer causing free radicals.
16. _____ increases lung capacity and body awareness by teaching children how to control and propel through water.
17. _____ has been considered taboo because it raises blood pressure.
18. _____ has a distinct flavor and scent, which is no surprise since it is a member of the mint family, derived from the Latin rosmarinus.
19. _____ exercise enhances the body's ability to burn fat.
21. _____ functions provide internal pressure to our midsections, thus providing stability.
22. _____ injuries are damage to muscles, tendons, ligaments and joints resulting from too much exercise.
24. _____ feeling it!
26. _____ injuries are substantially more common for women than for men in a variety of sports.
27. _____ fitness refers to exercises that try to challenge the whole body rather than a specific muscle or group of muscles.
31. _____ gives fuel for activities, provides necessary nutrients to help maintain healthy body processes, and is even a source of pleasure and social delight.
32. _____ Free is one of the brown egg varietes offered by EB
33. _____ fats should be avoided at all costs in relation to our nutrition.
35. _____ exercises are movements using torque forces distributed through multiple joints.
36. _____ fats are formed when liquid oils are solidified by adding hydrogen.
37. _____ impairs brain functioning, so keep a bottle of water handy.
39. _____ exercise movements produce power in training.
41. _____ fitness is defined as the ability to carry out daily tasks with vigor and alertness, without undue fatigue and with ample energy to enjoy pursuits and to meet unforeseen emergencies.
42. _____ fitness can be defined as the ability of the respiratory, circulatory, and muscular systems to consume, distribute, and utilize oxygen during physical activity.
43. _____ helps control blood pressure; food sources for this substance are fruits, veggies, legumes, fish and dairy.
1. _____ endurance is the body's ability, over sustained periods of physical activity, to deliver oxygen and nutrients to tissues and to remove wastes.
2. _____ greens, such as kale or spinach, are full of lutein.
3. _____ grains are integral to the Mediterranean diet.
4. _____ has also been shown to lead to abdominal aortic aneurysms.
5. _____ energy is defined as the capacity of an object to perform work because of its motion.
7. _____ drinks are a lifesaver, helping athletes stay hydrated and balanced during long workouts, but these drinks have a downside—irreversible dental erosion.
8. _____ exercise is also known as weight training.
10. _____ fat has been linked to an increased rise in heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
11. _____ fitness is the ability to perform dynamic, moderate- to high-intensity exercise involving large muscle groups for prolonged periods of time.
12. _____ fiber is essentially intact within the plant matrix and the enzymes within the human digestive tract are unable to hydrolyze or break it down.
14. _____ evaporates from the skin, removing heat and cooling the body.
15. _____ drugs are those that simulate the effect of the male hormone testosterone in the body.
20. _____ in advance of movement is crucial in most group exercise classes.
23. _____ includes street skating, vert skating and half-pipe and vert ramp.
25. _____ have been found to lower cholesterol and help maintain a healthy heart.
28. _____ has beeen shown to stabilize blood sugar more than some ready-to eat cereals.
29. _____ exercise raises your HDL.
30. _____ higher in fat tend to be lower in vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals, with the exception of nuts and avocados.
31. _____ improves range of motion and reduces wear on soft and hard tissue.
34. _____ exercises are those that use the energy process described as "without oxygen."
38. _____ helps build bones and teeth.
40. _____ farther away when going to the mall or to work for calorie burning.