I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
The Cathe Crossword
Fitness & Health #97
1. _____ can be just as harmful as butter, if not worse. The process that stiffens vegetable oil into a butter-like stick also transforms it into an artery blocker.
7. _____ cambogia, also called HCA have some preliminary but controversial evidence suggesting that is may decrease food intake in overweight people.
8. _____ bone is arranged in long, parallel, compact lines and found in the long bones of the femur, tibia, humerus, radius and ulna.
11. _____ deprivation can affect memory, thinking, reaction time and productivity.
12. _____ diets are "temporary fashions" in weight loss.
13. _____ contributes to overall higher costs for health care services.
16. _____ activity increases the strength of the heart muscle.
17. _____ are the number one fruit found to contain the most pesticides before washing.
20. _____ contains beneficial bacteria in the live active cultures and can assist the immune system.
21. _____ are rich in plant estrogens called isoflavones.
24. _____ contains more protein that wheat, corn and rice. Yellow in color, the small grains are also a good source of fiber, iron and B vitamins.
25. _____ citizens are the fastest growing population of fitness clients being seen in health clubs.
27. _____ are unpleasant sensations of irregular and/or forceful beating of the heart.
31. _____ bypass is a procedure in which surgeons reduce the stomach to about the size of an egg and then reattach it to the small intestine.
32. _____ describes individuals whose body weight exceeds by at least 20% the maximum amount recommended for their age, sex, etc.
34. _____ are thin-walled blood vessels that carry blood from the body back toward the heart.
35. _____ carbohydrates provide instant energy; examples are sugars and starches found in candy.
36. _____ describes the natural hormonal transition that occurs during the year leading up to menopause and ending 12 months after a woman's final period.
2. _____ acids are the individual building block proteins in your body and diet.
3. _____ can be eaten as much as you'd like during the day.
4. _____ act to prevent or stop anginal attacks by relaxing vascular smooth muscle.
5. _____ are famous for keeping your eyes healthy and making skin look luminous.
6. _____ air can worsen asthma.
8. _____ disease causes damage to the heart or arteries that carry blood to/from the heart.
9. _____ arthritis is a debilitating inflammatory disease that affects the joints of the hands and feet causing swelling, pain and stiffness.
10. _____ causes decreased levels of circulating estrogens, which often results in rapid bone loss.
11. _____ acid is the active ingredient in aspirin that helps block the formation of blood clots.
14. _____ calories are those obtained from food high in sugar and fat without nutritional value.
15. _____ climbing is a highly technical and tactical sport that can be learned indoors or outdoors. Climbers select tiny nearby holds and cracks instead of stretching beyond their range for a better hold.
18. _____ are digested more slowly than carbohydrates.
19. _____ also affects muscle hypertrophy.
22. _____ better. Eat better. Eggland's Best.
23. _____ coaches are practitioners of the new field of coaching psychology that help people implement happiness and well-being into their lives.
26. _____ blood pressure is the most important risk factor for heart disease.
28. _____ are licorice-flavored seeds that can help break up congestion.
29. _____ are the most nutritious of the cereal grasses (however, if using the "instant" variety, some of the fiber gets lost in the processing).
30. _____ can be caused by past, present or future encounters we perceive as a threat or challenge in our lives.
33. _____ are more prone to having kneecap problems.