I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
The Cathe Crossword
Fitness & Health #96
1. _____ obesity is on the rise.
4. The process in which foods are utilized and absorbed by the body.
9. In physics, mechanical work is the amount of energy transferred by a force acting over a _____.
13. The source of energy in your body that keeps everything going is called _____.
14. You can burn up to 300 calories in 30 minutes by just sitting in a _____.
17. Tallness is a risk factor for osteoporosis-related _____.
18. The contraction of a muscle during its lengthening.
19. There are 26 bones in the _____.
20. This training aid can add speed, agility, balance and power to the body (2 words).
21. Performing a wide variety of exercises and activities prevents _____.
22. _____ is the end of menstruation and fertility.
24. Eating _____ is an overall term for extreme dieting, usually experienced by young women.
28. Post-menopausal women tend to store fat in the _____.
31. _____ causes decreased levels of circulating estrogens, which often results in rapid bone loss.
32. At rest, 33% of the body's energy comes from _____.
34. Sheer gains in _____ results in a lower percentage of body fat.
35. You should you limit your carbs at _____time.
36. A centered approach by personal trainers help these people to see results.
40. The visibility of actual muscles as it occurs in individuals with low body fat percentages.
41. Exercise often aggravates this breathing condition.
44. Sitting on a stability ball at work can strengthen your _____.
46. The most common areas for osteo pain are knees, lower back and _____.
47. One thousand _____ is the recommended minimum energy expenditure for weekly exercise.
49. The most important and often under estimated factor in muscle growth and recovery is _____.
50. _____ are more prone to having kneecap problems.
51. This floral root can ease mild to moderate insomnia as effectively as sleeping pills, with few side effects.
52. _____ deprivation can affect memory, thinking, reaction time and productivity.
53. Aerobic exercise burns _____ during exercise, but not much afterward.
54. Resistance training increases the size of muscles fibers, known as _____.
55. Another term for a runner's gait.
2. Use _____ before exercise to relax the muscles.
3. The key to increasing muscle mass and losing body fat is a proper _____.
5. The number one reason people lose sleep is _____.
6. The _____ system is designed to protect the body against bacteria and viruses.
7. The rate of blood pumped by the heart is known as cardiac _______.
8. This small fish packs a big punch when it comes to omega 3 fats.
10. Approximately 50% of people who begin exercising drop out within _____ months.
11. A recent study suggests that this mineral can take the edge off the PMS symptoms that keep women awake.
12. A person with osteoporosis can fracture a _____ even by sneezing.
15. Once we've reached these, we celebrate them!
16. _____ beans are known to contain plant-based flavonoids, similar to those found in green tea.
20. Keeping a food _____ helps maintain weight loss over long periods of time.
23. An important consideration when choosing a fitness partner is that you both have similar _____.
25. The training to improve strength, power and endurance of muscle performance is called _____ training.
26. Studies show that having _____ is the main reason youngsters participate in activities.
27. Drinking ice cold water will stimulate your _____.
29. Weight training movement completed while lowering a weight in a controlled manner.
30. The proportion of fat and fat-free mass is your body _____.
33. _____ leg syndrome causes an itching or pulling sensation deep in the legs that creates an irresistible urge to move.
37. Use _____ after exercise to reduce pain and swelling.
38. _____ is defined as excessive sleepiness during the day.
39. _____ is necessary to continue a long-term, progress-driven exercise program.
42. _____ have been found to lower cholesterol and help maintain a healthy heart.
43. People who work the night shift or _____ are often sleep deprived.
44. Taking the mineral _____ increases bone strength in women.
45. Eating carbs and protein after training improves post workout _____.
48. Sleep _____ is a serious health disorder in which sufferers stop breathing when sleeping.
50. This comprises a rough estimate of 60% of the body's weight.
53. On a low carbohydrate diet, we burn more _____ for energy.