I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
The Cathe Crossword
Fitness & Health #53
7. Having a rapid onset and the opposite of chronic.
10. _____ periodization uses two 6-month plans instead of one per year as per the guidelines of the periodization model used in sports and bodybuilding.
13. An exercise designed to extend the limbs and muscles to their full extent by expanding muscles and limbs by lengthening or widening.
14. Bending backward of the hand or foot and opposite of plantarflexion.
15. Calorie _____ is a practice of alternating between low and high calorie diets to prevent the body from adapting to a particular diet.
17. _____ training consists of short but fast exercises, alternated with slow but easy physical fitness activities.
18. Bending of a limb at a joint, decreasing the angle of the joint.
19. An exercise that targets more than one muscle or muscle group is a _____ movement.
22. An advanced technique that involves performing two different exercises with little rest in between.
29. An _____ nutrient is one that must be supplied by the diet because it cannot be produced in sufficient quantities by the body.
31. Any exercises that maintain an increased heart rate, usually performed moderately for extended periods of time are _____ exercises.
32. A muscle that causes the prime movement of a joint.
33. Attachment of a muscle that is more superior or proximal.
34. An advanced technique in which you stress the eccentric phase of an exercise. This technique is a great way to condition your body to a new weight when you've reached a strength plateau.
1. This substance breaks down into fatty acids and glycerol and is stored energy in the body.
2. Affecting the lungs or lung tissue.
3. Your Resting _____ Rate is how many calories your body burns at rest.
4. Iron _____ of weight are used in resistance training.
5. Eight of the twenty-three different amino acids needed to make _____ in adults are called the essential amino acids.
6. Anatomical term meaning closer to the trunk of the body.
8. An _____ contraction is one in which a muscle exerts force, lengthens, and is overcome by a resistance.
9. _____ calories are obtained from foods high in sugar and fat without significant nutritional value.
11. _____ exercise is also known as weight training.
12. Bodyweight without body fat, composed primarily of muscle, bone, and other non fat tissue is referred to as _____ body mass.
14. A temporary shortage of oxygen due to exercise is an oxygen _____.
15. _____ training refers to the sequential use of all the machines in a weight room.
16. Approximately 1/5 of a level teaspoon.
20. Excessively hard training, day-after-day, without proper rest to ensure recovery.
21. How often a person exercises.
23. A term for something that is toward the back.
24. Refers to one completed movement.
25. FITT stands for Frequency _____ Type Time. This is basically the philosophy that is needed to gain benefits from training.
26. A _____ contraction is one in which a muscle exerts force, shortens, and overcomes resistance.
27. Any disease state that persists over a long period of time.
28. Another term for one rep max is _____ strength, the maximum amount a person can lift in one repetition.
30. A waste product of anaerobic energy production, known to cause muscle burn during exercise is _____ acid.