I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
The Cathe Crossword
Fitness & Health #52
4. The benefit of a good warm up is that it prevents the premature onset of _____ acid accumulation in the blood and fatigue.
6. Capsicum is the active ingredient in this particular food (2 words).
7. _____ walking poles are used when walking, add resistance and can burn up to 46% more calories than just swinging your arms.
8. Self _____ the ability to treat oneself kindly and without judgment when things go badly.
9. A stance determines these body parts' positions during an exercise.
10. Obesity has been on the increase in _____ of the United States.
13. _____ is how hard you work during an exercise session.
14. Transdermal means "through" this part of the body.
15. _____ can burn an average of 300 calories per hour, is an effective form of resistance training, and provides nutritious veggies to eat.
20. Exercise after-burn is also referred to as EPOC: excess _____ oxygen consumption.
21. The plateau is a physical lack of this during an exercise phase.
25. Sunscreen is necessary to prevent this deadly malady.
27. Shrugs work this particular muscle group in the upper back.
28. Acclimatization is necessary for travelling in high _____ areas of the world.
29. There are a number of different types of _____ in every muscle.
30. When doing 10-12 reps, muscle _____ will give muscle size gain, not necessarily strength gains.
31. Meditation has a calming effect on this organ.
1. _____ refers to an organized plan of exercise incorporating acute training variables, such as number of sets, intensity etc.
2. This professional sport has seen a great rise in popularity in the U.S.
3. Insufficient _____ time will lead to the body becoming overtrained.
5. Calm water leisure activity.
11. The myotatic ______ involves rapid stretch of the muscle spindles that monitor the length of the muscle and the rate of change in muscle length.
12. The formal name for vitamins.
13. Probiotics help to restore beneficial bacteria to the _____.
16. Thermoregulation keeps the body's _____ cool.
17. Muscle group utilized when pushing weight in front of and away from the body.
18. _____ is the medical name for high blood pressure, and should always be controlled.
19. Muscle _____ appears to be associated with microscopic tears in soft tissue structures, resulting in fiber swelling.
22. Exercise _____ is often purchased for the home, but rarely used.
23. When doing 15-20 reps, muscle _____ decreases your muscle fatigue.
24. Cardiovascular exercise improves the efficiency and effectiveness of the _____.
25. Striations are grooves and/or bands on the surface of these body parts.
26. Water stations are normally seen in this long distance event.