I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
The Cathe Crossword
Fitness & Health #47
1. The lactate _____ is the fastest a person can continuously run, cycle, swim or aerobically exercise in a steady state bout without fatiguing.
3. Calorie _____ is a term for the relationship between calories consumed and calories expended.
6. Increasing _____ is an obvious way to boost intensity.
8. To _____ is to turn the hands outward from the body.
10. The greater the _____, the harder the muscles must work to move the bones.
11. Doing as many reps as possible, briefly resting, then performing additional reps is called _____ _____.
14. _____ is a body motion that shortens a limb.
15. You cannot burn fat from specific areas by _____ those spots.
18. A _____ process involves the breaking down of living organisms into smaller ones, producing a release of energy.
20. The _____ problem has almost tripled in the U.S. over the past few decades.
23. The negative phase of a weight lift.
24. _____ acids are the individual building block proteins in your body and diet.
29. _____ is a soft gel-like padding between the bones.
31. _____ is a naturally occurring organic acid.
32. This disease has seen a dramatic increase in children in the U.S.
33. The _____ has been found to encourage or discourage physical activity and calorie burning.
34. Eat a _____ at least four hours prior to exercise so that the body uses carbohydrates properly.
2. _____ is the extension of a body part past it's neutral place.
4. Any time you hike to an elevation of 6,000 to 8,000 feet or more, you put yourself at risk for _____ sickness.
5. _____ training is a resistance exercise that imitates activities of daily living.
7. _____ protect the body against damage from internal processes.
9. Progressive _____ is a term often used for increasing amount of weight and reps of weight training over time.
12. An exercise for the lower back that is also a name of a super hero.
13. _____ (explosive movements, hopping and jumping) are effective for adding impact moves in a non-sustained manner.
16. The _____ strength machines used by chains like Curves and Ladies Workout Express don’t allow you to control the amount of weight you're lifting.
17. Consume a _____ 30-90 minutes prior to exercise; include 30-60g of carbohydrates plus 5-10g of protein.
19. Increasing the ______ along with resistance is an alternative way to increase intensity on most cardiovascular equipment.
21. _____ _____ is a derivation of a military-style exercise session, involving calisthenics, cardiovascular conditioning and muscular endurance training.
22. An exercise set performed immediately after another exercise set without rest (2 words).
25. A term used in aerobics class for side-to-side movement is _____.
26. Your _____ depend on water to help filter waste from the body.
27. This nutrient is found in meat, fish, poultry, milk, whole grains, dried beans and nuts.
28. The _____ plane divides the body into left and right sides.
30. One of the most effective ways to train is to leverage body weight against _____.