I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
The Cathe Crossword
Fitness & Health #46
1. _____ is an indoor rowing class that offers "balanced series of isometric and traditional rowing movements" to help strengthen the entire body.
10. Substance when eaten after exercise is found to decrease muscle soreness.
12. Excessive _____ consumption has risk, such as interfering with calcium absorption.
13. A _____ approach is a gradual approach to introducing more work for the body to overcome.
14. _____ is an amount of resistance necessary to further improve fitness.
15. The amount of energy used by the body per minute of activity is absolute _____.
16. This hormone has an important effect on regulation of body weight, metabolism and reproductive function.
18. A steroid hormone secreted by the adrenal gland in response to stress.
20. There is a marked usage increase in the U.S. of _____ for mood disorders.
22. _____ repetitions are performed after a person has gone to failure.
24. During perimenopause, progesterone levels normally undergo a gradual decline while _____ levels fluctuate.
27. Moderately intense levels of exercise can prevent the decrease of bone _____.
28. Supplements containing _____ dangerously speed up the heart rate and raise blood pressure.
31. The length of time an activity or exercise is performed.
32. Eating a nutrient-rich morning _____ wakes up your metabolism.
33. Component of training that involves the maintenance of the body's equilibrium during work.
34. Short term for gastrointestinal acid reflux condition.
35. If a stressor is more temporary and immediate, the effect is referred to as _____ stress.
36. It is vitally important to protect these musculoskeletal body parts as we age.
37. One of the best exercises for lower back pain.
38. _____ can boost metabolism, but some smokers may be skinny because they have a form of emphysema, a disease that burns calories quickly.
2. Females who do this may have increased difficulty conceiving and delivering infants.
3. _____ fitness refers to exercises that try to challenge the whole body rather than a specific muscle or group of muscles.
4. The process of increasing the intensity, duration, amount, etc. of activity or exercise.
5. Physically active people have a lower risk of this disease.
6. Aerobic work and weight training will assist in this personal goal (2 words).
7. _____ is a "weightless total-body workout", that incorporates key principles of ballet and karate: strength, grace, discipline and technique.
8. Part of the "clean" diet is the _____ cleanse.
9. Stress represents an "ongoing" hassle, fear or overwhelming issue in a person's life; the effect is referred to as _____ stress.
11. The number of times an exercise or activity is performed within a certain time frame.
17. To achieve maximum _____, aerobic activity should be conducted 3–5 times a week.
19. _____ describes the natural hormonal transition that occurs during the year leading up to menopause and ending 12 months after a woman's final period.
21. When joining a health club or gym for the first time, using a personal _____ is a good investment.
23. Drink at least 8 ounces of _____ prior to exercise.
25. Disease of the nervous system, sometimes as a result of an injury to the body.
26. Japanese massage method used for treating various body disorders.
29. The President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports has changed its name and extended its reach to include _____.
30. The internal and external _____ muscles run from the rib cage to the pelvis in crossed pattern, and work together to create coordinated movements of the spine.