I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
The Cathe Crossword
Fitness & Health #45
1. VO2max refers to the maximum consumption of _____ in the body during exercise.
6. Exercise intensity should increase _____ when beginning an exercise program.
8. Training goals must be realistic and _____.
10. _____ training format utilizes a group of 6 to 10 strength exercises that are completed one exercise after another.
11. We take these and often fail, but they're necessary for positive growth and change.
15. This refers to how fast an action is performed (speed).
19. People known as _____ are good at just about everything they try, enjoying tennis, basketball, and soccer. Their build is also great for kickboxing or martial arts.
25. Pear-shaped women, known as _____, don't carry just fat on their lower body. Some of that extra heft is pure muscle, which can power them through activities such as in-line skating, swimming, dancing and snow skiing.
26. Momentum is defined by two things: mass (or size of the exerciser) and velocity or _____.
28. These foam tubes, called _____, which look like pool toys, help you do standing exercises. They can be cut in half to offer more stability.
33. _____ includes street skating, vert skating and half-pipe and vert ramp.
35. _____ fitness is the ability to perform dynamic, moderate- to high-intensity exercise involving large muscle groups for prolonged periods of time.
36. A platform with a rubber half-sphere attached to the bottom is called a _____ board.
37. The basis for one's fitness goals should always include enhanced _____.
2. This refers to the effort put forth by a person when performing an exercise.
3. When exercising or training, the _____ support system can be the most important one.
4. These inflatable, heavy-duty rubber discs, called _____ discs, are thick in the center and thinner at the edges and are used for standing or sitting exercises.
5. Salmon, shrimp, catfish and canned light tuna are low in _____, while shark, swordfish, kin mackerel, tilefish and canned albacore white tuna are high.
7. _____ climbing is a highly technical and tactical sport that can be learned indoors or outdoors. Climbers select tiny nearby holds and cracks instead of stretching beyond their range for a better hold.
8. The ACSM recommends 20-60 minutes of _____ activity for heart rate level activity.
9. Unselfish interest in the welfare of others; this is good for balanced mental health.
12. _____ can be caused by past, present or future encounters we perceive as a threat or challenge in our lives.
13. _____, which has roots in skateboarding, includes half-pipe, super-pipe and boarder-cross maneuvers.
14. Lack of exercise in life can often lead to this malady.
16. NIMH recognizes this as a valid treatment for anxiety and depression.
17. Snowboarding, skateboarding, and rock climbing are also known as _____ sports.
18. A compulsive obsessive ailment that a person has a preoccupation with a perceived or imagined physical defect is a body _____ disorder.
20. The classic exercise video "Sweatin' to the _____" was created by Richard Simmons.
21. _____ is the number one remedy for overtraining.
22. _____ is the body's ability to transmit a sense of position, analyze that information and react to the stimulation with the proper movement.
23. Jane Fonda created the 70 minute workout "_____ Workout" in 1988.
24. Studies show that setting goals in sports and exercise can increase _____.
27. When determining a person's exercise program, exercise _____ should be taken into account
29. The 60-minute workout blend of jazz dance, aerobics, and resistance training set to a mixture of jazz, country, funk and top 40 music is called _____.
30. Another term for the ab exercise "roman" chair is _____ chair.
31. Research shows exercise in early life continuing into adulthood enhances _____ health.
32. For maximum fat burning efficiency, _____ heart rate is the level a person should work toward.
34. An indoor/outdoor workout program that uses body weight-based exercises combined with running and obstacle course work is called _____ camp.