I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
The Cathe Crossword
Fitness & Health #42
1. This unselfish interest in the welfare of others helps keep us mentally fit.
6. The scientific study of muscles.
7. _____ is a clinical and biochemical syndrome associated with advancing age in males.
8. This training aid can add speed, agility, balance and power to the body (2 words).
13. _____ have been found to lower cholesterol and help maintain a healthy heart.
14. Eating 1.5 ounces per day of _____ may reduce the risk of heart disease.
16. On a low carbohydrate diet, we burn more _____ for energy.
19. People confined to _____ still have great opportunities to achieve fitness goals.
24. Menopause is defined as the absence of _____ for 12 months.
26. Post-menopausal women tend to store fat in the _____.
28. _____ is the sum of all chemical reactions with living cells to provide energy for vital processes.
29. _____ is the loss of muscle mass that occurs with aging in older men.
30. What we use to get information about exercise and fitness.
32. There is a high correlation to _____ and someone's muscle size.
33. The _____ in soy have estrogen-like effects in the body.
35. This workout aid helps reduce boredom and increase pleasure.
2. _____ is the end of menstruation and fertility.
3. Competition should not be the main focus, and a child should be made confident that his or her self-worth is not based on _____.
4. A centered approach by personal trainers help these people to see results.
5. In 2003 the FDA issued a consumer alert advising the public to immediately stop buying and using products containing the dietary supplement _____.
9. The proportion of fat and fat-free mass is your body _____.
10. When body fat is lost and muscle gained, you may not see a big change on the _____.
11. At rest, 33% of the body's energy comes from _____.
12. The key to increasing muscle mass and losing body fat is a proper _____.
15. Decreasing bone density has also been linked to declining _____ levels in men.
17. Once we've reached these, we celebrate them!
18. _____ encompasses all the mental processes carried out by the brain, including language, calculation, reasoning, memory and learning.
20. Low _____ exercise primarily relies on fat for energy.
21. When exercising, this should be avoided at all costs.
22. _____ describes individuals whose body weight exceeds by at least 20% the maximum amount recommended for their age, sex, etc.
23. An amino acid that can reduce the loss of muscle.
25. Overweight or obese youth are recommended to perform non-_____ activities, such as swimming, water aerobics and stationary or recumbent cycling.
27. The term used for a professional bodybuilder who does not use steroids.
31. Counting _____ is a more effective way to lose weight than counting calories.
34. Studies show that having _____ is the main reason youngsters participate in activities.