I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
The Cathe Crossword
Fitness & Health #41
1. In physics, mechanical work is the amount of energy transferred by a force acting over a _____.
4. This small fish packs a big punch when it comes to omega 3 fats.
7. Muscle soreness is caused by tearing of muscles on a _____ level.
13. _____ beans are known to contain plant-based flavonoids, similar to those found in green tea.
14. A person with osteoporosis can fracture a _____ even by sneezing.
15. If we eat small meals every few hours during the day, we tend not to _____ _____.
16. There are 26 bones in the _____.
18. Setting _____ helps contribute to long term healthy lifestyle changes.
21. Ten of the body's capillaries are equal to the thickness of one human _____ strand.
23. The most important and often under estimated factor in muscle growth and recovery is _____.
24. Taking the mineral _____ increases bone strength in women.
26. _____ is necessary to continue a long-term, progress-driven exercise program.
27. Aerobic exercise burns _____ during exercise, but not much afterward.
29. An important consideration when choosing a fitness partner is that you both have similar _____.
31. The most common areas for osteo pain are knees, lower back and _____.
33. Regularly assessing _____ during an exercise program helps keep us motivated.
34. Use _____ before exercise to relax the muscles.
35. Too much saturated fat increases blood _____.
37. You should you limit your carbs at _____time.
39. Eating carbs and protein after training improves post workout _____.
40. The type of stroke results from a ruptured blood vessel inside the brain or on the brain's surface.
42. 3,000 is the average amount of calories in what holiday meal?
44. The most popular supplements for arthritis pain are glucosamine and _____.
46. Approximately 50% of people who begin exercising drop out within _____ months.
48. The _____ system is designed to protect the body against bacteria and viruses.
49. There are over 650 _____ in the human body.
50. Sheer gains in _____ results in a lower percentage of body fat.
51. One thousand _____ is the recommended minimum energy expenditure for weekly exercise.
2. _____ allows joints to glide over each other, cushioning your bones.
3. This is not a disease but a collection of symptoms characterized by widespread musculoskeletal aches and pains, stiffness, fatigue and muscle spasms.
5. 50-55 degrees Fahrenheit is thought to be the best temperature for this cardio activity.
6. The _____ general determined that a lack of physical activity is detrimental to your health.
7. _____ causes decreased levels of circulating estrogens, which often results in rapid bone loss.
8. You can burn up to 300 calories in 30 minutes by just sitting in a _____.
9. Athletes should be generally fit before incorporating this into their workout regimen.
10. A disorder in which a person becomes obsessed with the idea that he or she is not muscular enough is called muscle _____ .
11. This type of stroke occurs when blood clots or fatty deposits block blood vessels that supply blood to the brain.
12. Keeping a food _____ helps maintain weight loss over long periods of time.
16. Tallness is a risk factor for osteoporosis-related _____.
17. _____ are more prone to having kneecap problems.
19. _____ is characterized both by the breakdown of cartilage in the joints and by enlarged bone.
20. When choosing an exercise partner the two of you should be at similar fitness _____.
22. Changing your workout _____ approximately every 8 weeks can prevent boredom and staleness.
25. Drinking ice cold water will stimulate your _____.
28. _____ is defined as excessive sleepiness during the day.
30. A precursor to osteoporosis more commonly known as low bone density is called _____.
32. One benefit of a training partner is to provide _____.
36. Performing a wide variety of exercises and activities prevents _____.
38. Proper _____ is crucial to preventing injury when lifting weight.
41. Exercise often aggravates this breathing condition.
43. This term refers to the total amount of exercise performed in a certain training phase.
45. Sitting on a stability ball at work can strengthen your _____.
47. When you swim you get hungry. Research shows that water being _____ contributes to this.
48. Use _____ after exercise to reduce pain and swelling.