I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
The Cathe Crossword
Fitness & Health #38
1. Performing short bouts of intense exercise throughout the day (2 words).
3. Foods produced using nanotechnology.
6. Blood glucose levels should be measured at scheduled intervals using a _____.
7. A resting heart rate that is faster than average.
9. _____ arthritis is an inflammatory disorder that affects multiple joints.
13. The protein molecule within red blood cells that carries oxygen and gives blood its red color is called _____.
17. The process of turning glucose into energy in the body.
20. A reliable indicator of kidney function; also a waste product of muscles from exercise.
21. Name for antioxidants in tea.
22. This relaxing indulgence can help improve skeletal system function.
25. _____ refers to a rheumatic disease that causes pain, stiffness, and swelling in joints and other connective tissues.
27. Exercise identified as an exaggerated step forward and dropping the rear knee down (2 words).
29. A reduction in size of cells and/or tissues, especially relating to muscle fibers.
32. A stationary cycle or rowing machine used for exercise or training.
35. Wear _____ every day if you will be outside for more than 20 minutes, even when it's cloudy.
36. _____ is associated with skin having a dimpled, cottage-cheese, orange-peel look.
37. _____ is a condition of localized fluid retention caused by a blockage in the lymphatic system.
38. Untreated diabetes can cause serious problems, including heart disease, kidney disease and _____.
2. The part of the body containing the heart and lungs.
4. _____ is the most common form of arthritis.
5. An electrolyte and mineral that helps keep the body's water and electrolyte balance is known as _____.
8. A mineral needed for production of hemoglobin.
10. Refers to the body's special type of tissue where fat is stored.
11. The warning signs of _____ are dizziness, anxiety, shaking and uneasiness.
12. Sunscreen should be applied 15 to 30 minutes before going _____.
14. _____ diabetes mellitus (GDM) ia a condition that occurs in some women during pregnancy.
15. The body's breathing mechanism area (2 words).
16. Nursing mothers should avoid this substance contained in a popular morning drink.
18. A person who chooses to subsist on locally grown foods only.
19. _____ is the term used to describe an excessive formation or secretion of ketones in the body.
23. Chronic _____ is the result of an inflammation in the passageways of the lung.
24. A synthetic central nervous system stimulant related to adrenaline.
25. The risk of developing diabetes increases with _____.
26. Individuals with exercise-_____ asthma may exhibit many of the same symptoms as sufferers of chronic asthma, with the symptoms occurring during or after exercise.
28. A licorice-flavored root credited with many health related benefits.
30. A mineral that builds and repairs bones and teeth, helps nerves work, assists in muscle contraction, helps blood clot, and facilitates heart function.
31. This is considered a "superfood," but also has derogatory "smoking" qualities.
33. The word "asthma" comes from a _____ work meaning "to pant."
34. Very often used by a majority of people while exercising.