I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
The Cathe Crossword
Fitness & Health #25
4. _____ is one of the two major milk proteins. The other is casein.
5. A foot doctor.
7. There are nine amino acids that the body cannot make; these nine are referred to as _____ amino acids.
8. This fat-removal surgery is best for healthy people who have localized fat deposits.
10. Research shows that adding _____ to traditional aerobic workouts can improve cardiovascular fitness in less time.
12. The term _____ means that the food is more than 70% free of pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, growth hormones, antibiotics, irradiation and genetic modification.
13. Plant sterols, sometimes called _____ are the healthy compounds that occur naturally in a variety of plant foods.
17. Taking 500 mgs of vitamin C per day raises fat _____ during exercise.
19. _____ is the most significant risk factor for sleep apnea.
20. The _____ diet can help prevent the onset of Alzheimer's disease.
22. A stellar whole grain that is gaining popularity amongst health-conscious consumers.
23. _____ fat may actually improve cholesterol levels.
28. _____ arthritis is a debilitating inflammatory disease that affects the joints of the hands and feet causing swelling, pain and stiffness.
30. Seven skin fold measurement sites are: chest, midaxillary area, triceps, sub scapular region, thigh, suprailium and _____.
32. The best treatment for _____ disease is strict adherence to a gluten-free diet.
33. The metabolism of fat includes its complete biological breakdown or _____ (loss of electrons).
34. Fat is stored in the body in the form of _____.
35. Exercise triggers the body to release _____.
37. _____ protect cells and repair damage caused by free radicals.
1. Extra weight places stress on the _____.
2. To help prevent muscle cramping increase your _____ intake and eat potassium-rich foods.
3. The core exercise _____ are the best moves to firm and strengthen the chest muscles to help ward off sagging.
4. The _____ allows for flexion and extension of the hand.
6. Proteins create _____ that the body uses to fight infection.
9. Vitamin D is the _____ vitamin.
11. The term _____ refers to an individual who makes an effort to eat only foods grown or harvested within a 100-mile radius of their home.
13. This important macronutrient serves as the transport mechanism for iron, vitamins, minerals, fats and oxygen within the body.
14. _____ is the most widely used vegetable protein source.
15. This type of training was developed in the 1930s in Sweden; "speed play".
16. As you lose weight, a portion of each pound comes from _____.
18. _____ surgery is performed on those who are severely overweight.
21. For a protein to be digested, it must first lose its unique shape. This process is called _____.
24. _____ helps control blood pressure; food sources for this substance are fruits, veggies, legumes, fish and dairy.
25. The "P" in R.P.E. Scale stands for _____.
26. Consuming plant sterols can reduce _____ absorption by 30–40%.
27. Interval workouts help by using up _____ in your muscles and then burning more.
29. Studies show that _____ takes a toll on the heart.
31. Proteins form _____ that speed up chemical reactions.
36. _____ washing is the best way to reduce the spread of viruses.