I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
The Cathe Crossword
Fitness & Health #22
1. _____ stretching is usually performed with a partner who applies a sustained stretch to a relaxed joint.
3. Rich in calcium and protein, this tangy drink has probiotics that help with digestion and can soothe intestinal problems.
9. What does the "A" stand for in S.M.A.R.T. (setting goals)?
10. _____ stretching involves a bouncy approach to reach the target muscle's motion endpoint.
11. What does the "M" stand for in S.M.A.R.T. (setting goals)?
12. Every pound of _____ burns 2 to 5 calories per day.
13. We very often don't do this enough before swallowing our food.
15. Skin cleansing that helps remove dead skin; it is recommended weekly.
17. Online _____ is increasing in popularity because of its ability to provide support and encouragement from many people in the same situation.
18. Lack of oxygen.
19. Former President of the U.S. dislikes the vegetable _____.
20. Malady from parasite infested water.
21. Every pound of muscle burns 30 to 35 _____ per day.
24. The _____ ball was designed by Italian toy maker Aquilino Cosani.
27. Period of easy exercising at the beginning of an exercise session.
28. Exercise for your lower back (name of a snake).
29. A primary function of muscles is to create tension and produce force for movement of the body's _____ system.
31. Cleansing the body of contaminants.
32. An increase in muscle mass from resistance exercise has been shown to elevate the resting _____ rate of some persons.
36. Obstructive sleep _____ is a sleep disorder that causes the sleeper to stop breathing, awakening the sleeper repeatedly.
37. Unpleasant physical feeling the morning after drinking alcohol.
38. Joint supporter.
40. Food high in omega-3 fatty acids.
41. One of the most important components of any exercise program is building _____ strength.
43. The 2005 Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommends consuming 4,700 mg of _____ everyday.
44. Calorie _____ is defined as the concentration of calories in a given weight of food.
45. What does the "T" stand for in S.M.A.R.T. (setting goals)?
47. Can often be an indicator of the degree of our physical capabilities.
48. Various methods of unarmed combat (2 words).
50. Ability to do long, demanding physical activity.
2. Food high in fat, but good for you. Contains monounsaturated fatty acids
4. The _____ Twist is an ab workout with a twist (think largest country in world).
5. Name of a diet program: South _____
6. _____ stretching incorporates active-ROM movements that tend to resemble sport or movement specific actions.
7. _____, which literally means "around sleep", is when a sleeper engages in activities that should not occur during sleep, such as sleepwalking and eating.
8. _____ sterols have been shown in clinical studies to help reduce cholesterol.
10. Non-cancerous growth.
12. Sport that often makes a "widow" out of a woman during the fall season.
14. Cellular process by which the body uses oxygen to produce energy (2 words).
16. What does the "e" stand for in M.E.T.S., the quantification of exercise intensity?
18. It is recommended to avoid _____ close to bedtime. It can lead to disrupted sleep.
22. Group of symptoms that indicate or characterize a disease.
23. Another term for the heart (2 words).
24. What does the "S" stand for in S.M.A.R.T. (setting goals)?
25. _____ is the sleep disorder with which most laypersons are familiar.
26. Great snack with energy-boosting carbs, fiber, iron and vitamin C. Also high in sugar, but their special phytochemicals help fight tooth decay.
28. Boxers and wrestlers often have it (2 words).
30. Severe injury to this body part usually ends an athlete's career.
33. Method of reducing training regimen prior to athletic competition.
34. Pose in Yoga to strengthen the core. Hint: it floats on water.
35. Piece of furniture used to assist a beginner doing squats.
39. What does the "R" stand for in S.M.A.R.T. (setting goals)?
42. Self-_____ is a person's belief that he or she is capable of performing in a certain manner to attain certain goals.
46. Keeping a food _____ aids in weight loss.
49. Flexibility has been shown to decrease up to 50% with _____ in some joint areas.