← Back to Cathe Homepage
I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Fitness & Health 2
2. _____ training is an effective means of increasing leg strength and power.
7. Individuals who exercise regularly are more likely to maintain _____ muscle, which is often lost with increasing age.
8. One way to try to eliminate a _____ stitch is to bend forward and tighten the abdominal muscles.
10. The opposing muscles to the quadriceps.
12. _____ splints, a catch-all tem referring to pain located along the front inside portion of the lower leg, is classified as an overuse injury.
13. The #1 killer of Americans is _____ disease.
14. _____ is much more metbolically active than fat; therefore the more of it that you obtain the higher your metabolism will be.
16. _____ training utilizes the body's two energy producing systems: the aerobic and the anaerobic.
17. The muscle in the upper arm that has three different "heads."
18. To reduce the risk of injury, never _____ a muscle that is not warmed up.
19. The vicious cycle of losing weight and then gaining it right back is known as _____ dieting.
20. When lifting weights there are two types of contractions. Concentric and _____.
1. Opposite of atrophy.
3. The gastrochemius is the technical word for _____ muscle.
4. The _____ and back muscles are often collectively referred to as the body's core.
5. The most widely consumed pharmacologically active substance in the world.
6. _____ training adds variety to your workouts and provides a break from the rigors and stresses of single-sport training.
9. According to some basic dietary guidelines _____ intake for adults should be 2,400 mg per day.
11. Fluid replenishment before, during, and after exercise is essential to avoid _____.
15. An involuntary muscle type found only in the heart.