I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
The Cathe Crossword
Fitness & Health #175
4. The _____ index is a numerical ranking system used to measure the rate of digestion and absorption of foods and their resultant effect on blood glucose.
6. The _____ are usually the last area of the body that achieve a lean muscle mass appearance.
9. The _____ general determined that a lack of physical activity is detrimental to your health.
10. The _____ shape is ideal for beginners that cannot use standard round stability balls.
16. The _____ problem has almost tripled in the U.S. over the past few decades.
19. The _____ tendon connects the calf muscles to the calcareous, or heel bone.
21. The _____ region of the brain integrates all sensory information.
23. The _____ of a workout is the time from the beginning to the end.
25. The _____ in cigarette smoke reduces circulation by narrowing the arterial blood flow in the body.
26. The _____ principle states that the muscles worked during an exercise will respond according to the specific training demands.
27. The _____ Effect occurs when you may be working out but do not see improvements in your fitness level because your body is no longer being overloaded.
28. The _____ simply measures how much we weigh.
31. The _____ region of the brain is responsible for self-motivation and appropriateness of behavior.
33. The _____ formula is a mathematical equation to determine the body's target heart rate.
36. The _____ act to extend the hip and flex the knee.
37. The _____ of the brain are separated by the corpus callosum.
38. The _____ scale is a simple rating of perceived exertion (RPE) used by many coaches and physiologists to assess an athlete's level of intensity during training or testing sessions.
39. The _____ gland makes hormones that regulate the way the body uses energy.
40. The _____ is part of the brain's limbic system just above the brain stem.
1. The _____ system is the network of cells, tissues and organs that regulate the body's responses to internal and external stimuli.
2. The _____ has been found to encourage or discourage physical activity and calorie burning.
3. The _____ knife is a new, non-invasive medical technology that can perform certain types of brain surgery.
5. The _____ bone is commonly know as the collar bone.
7. The _____ test is timed for three minutes and uses a step that is twelve inches high.
8. The _____ region of the brain is responsible for vision.
11. The _____ Twist is an ab workout with a twist (think largest country in world).
12. The _____ is the largest artery in the body.
13. The _____ valve takes blood from the left atrium to the left ventricle.
14. The _____ strength machines used by chains like Curves and Ladies Workout Express don’t allow you to control the amount of weight you're lifting.
15. The _____ valve takes blood from the right ventricle to the pulmonary artery.
17. The _____ machine mimics a cross-country skiing motion.
18. The _____ diet can help prevent the onset of Alzheimer's disease.
20. The _____ outshines food as your best source of Vitamin D.
21. The _____ of muscle contraction is how fast the muscle can develop its maximum strength.
22. The _____ in soy have estrogen-like effects in the body.
24. The _____ bike has pedals, and a thickly padded adjustable seat with side bolsters to keep your butt comfortable and supported.
26. The _____ plane divides the body into left and right sides.
29. The _____ ball was designed by Italian toy maker Aquilino Cosani.
30. The _____ is the heart rate at which lactic acid builds up faster than it can be broken down.
32. The _____ diet is a popular, steak-heavy, high-fat, low-carb nutrition plan.
34. The _____ ball is a spherical exercise device which can be used for a variety of body movements.
35. The _____ allows for flexion and extension of the hand.