I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
The Cathe Crossword
Fitness & Health #170
1. Many people turn to _____ when they are bored or stressed out.
6. Indoor runners' modus operandi.
8. Recent estimates indicate that 34 million Americans are _____.
10. Marathon rest area (2 words).
12. Putting pressure on an injured site to help keep swelling down.
13. Meaning with oxygen. Aerobic training is at a lower intensity, with the purpose of stimulating the metabolism.
14. Range of _____ exercise refers to activities whose goal is improving movement of a specific joint.
16. Free _____ are highly reactive molecules known to damage the body and the immune system.
17. Quick energy buzz substance.
19. Purchase a _____ that will count your steps.
22. Eat a _____ at least four hours prior to exercise so that the body uses carbohydrates properly.
24. Recent U.S. government guidelines suggest daily exercise for _____ minutes.
25. Four to six _____ are recommended to use to measure portions for hard cheese (1-1.5 ounces).
26. Inflammation of the tendons of the lower, front leg, is commonly known as _____ _____.
29. Intense exercise can often lead to the body burning _____ instead of fat.
31. Full body workout routine.
34. Put it _____ now!
35. Intensity is the key word to this ever-more-poplar fitness discipline, called _____, that focuses on coached group workouts to improve strength, endurance and speed.
36. Insufficient _____ time will lead to the body becoming overtrained.
37. Dry scalp identifier.
40. Injury prevention exercises should include _____ in a person's exercise regiment.
42. During high intensity intervals, _____ acid builds and the exerciser enters oxygen debt.
46. Injured muscle healing technique.
48. From the body's anatomical locations, this means farther away.
49. Medial movement toward the midline of the body.
50. During perimenopause, progesterone levels normally undergo a gradual decline while _____ levels fluctuate.
51. Proteins that speed up specific chemical reactions.
52. General condition of the body and mind.
2. Instead of this term, use proper nutrition.
3. Each knee contains two _____, one on the medial side and one on the lateral side of the joint.
4. From the body's anatomical location, this means closer.
5. Meditation has a calming effect on this organ.
7. Fruits and vegetables are rich in vitamins and _____.
9. Quality _____ describes the types of workouts used just prior to bodybuilding competitions to enhance muscles.
11. Medial elbow pain is often called _____ elbow.
15. From a medical perspective, anything pertaining to the liver.
18. During _____ the brain enters an area of functioning similar to sleep, but with added benefits that we can not achieve in any other state.
20. Insufficient supply of blood to the brain, resulting in loss of speech, muscle function, etc.
21. Drinking too much water can dilute blood levels of sodium and result in life-threatening _____, a condition in which blood sodium levels drop leading to vomiting, confusion, headache, etc.
22. Gaining .5- 1.5 pounds is a reasonable goal for _____ gain.
23. Rain that has a pH level lower than 5.6 (2 words).
27. Melanoma prohibitor.
28. Frustrating facial formation.
30. Quick diet tip: Don’t eat it if it doesn’t _____.
31. During periods of prolonged starvation, the body can adapt and utilize _____ for energy.
32. Inflammation fighting fruit.
33. Former President of the U.S. dislikes the vegetable _____.
38. Protraction is also known as _____.
39. Reading food labels can help you make _____ choices when grocery shopping.
41. Instrument used to measure skinfold thickness to determine body fat.
43. Meditation and other relaxation techniques such as _____ and tai chi can help lower lower blood pressure significantly.
44. Intended to help consumers plan healthier diets, the term daily _____ was coined back in 1994 to comply with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
45. Gaining control of your _____ size and weight through fitness is an amazing way to increase self-esteem.
47. For weight lifters who use anabolic steroids, _____ can be an unpleasant side effect.