I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
The Cathe Crossword
Fitness & Health #168
1. Primary function of Vitamin D is to aid the body's absorption of _____
3. Concerning the heart and blood vessels.
8. Cordlike bundles of fibers made up of neurons.
10. Colorful foods are said to have _____ fighting qualities.
11. Protraction is also known as _____.
15. Concurrent training can alter endocrine response by causing changes in your _____ balance.
16. Condition when the body's bronchioles go into spasm.
19. Put it _____ now!
20. Proper footwear is often key to preventing _____, a condition in the joints including the knees.
22. Core strengthening exercise.
23. Consuming this following a workout can help decrease muscle soreness the next day.
26. Quality _____ describes the types of workouts used just prior to bodybuilding competitions to enhance muscles.
28. Pregnant women should avoid exercise in the _____ position after the first trimester.
30. Combining aerobic exercise and resistance training in the same workout session is a technique referred to as _____ training.
32. Compression loads on this body part are directly proportional to its flexion when moving.
33. Constant dieting is a concern because you lose muscle and _____, not just fat
34. Pregnant women should limit the amount of canned _____ they eat because it contains mercury according to an FDA advisory panel.
35. Cool down is another important part of a training session to slow down all physiological and _____ functions to the normal level.
37. Common area to check your pulse or heart rate.
38. Competition should not be the main focus, and a child should be made confident that his or her self-worth is not based on _____.
39. Protein foods contain an amino acid called _____.
40. Concentric muscle contractions _____ a muscle.
41. Progressive _____ is a term often used for increasing amount of weight and reps of weight training over time.
42. Crack these for protein power.
1. Protein is more slowly digested than _____.
2. Process of holding a joint or bone in place with a splint, cast, or brace.
4. Proteins can be broken down into _____ acids and used to make ATP.
5. Probiotic are a good type of _____.
6. Consistent exercise has been linked to reducing this downer.
7. Concentrated vitamins, minerals, and proteins used by fitness buffs.
9. Proteins form _____ that speed up chemical reactions.
12. Pugilistic cardiovascular exercise.
13. Consumers may be most familiar with psyllium seed husk from the product _____.
14. Putting pressure on an injured site to help keep swelling down.
17. Proper _____ is crucial to preventing injury when lifting weight.
18. Consuming plant sterols can reduce _____ absorption by 30–40%.
21. Proper hydration assists this large exterior body organ in staying healthy.
24. Country that has the highest life expectancy rate.
25. Quick "energy buzz" substance.
27. Counting _____ is a more effective way to lose weight than counting calories.
28. Consume a _____ 30-90 minutes prior to exercise; include 30-60g of carbohydrates plus 5-10g of protein.
29. Purchase a _____ that will count your steps.
30. Postmenopausal women expend seventy fewer _____ per day than they did before menopause.
31. Preservatives containing salt or ester of nitric acid.
33. Component of training that involves the maintenance of the body's equilibrium during work.
36. Pressure cooking prepares food quickly and healthfully by creating _____ under pressure.