I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
The Cathe Crossword
Fitness & Health #153
1. A _____ can best be described as a weight shaped like a giant cannonball with a single U-shaped handle.
11. A _____ is recommended to use to measure portions for cold cereal, popcorn (1 cup) and berries.
12. _____-twitch fibers are recruited for aerobic activities.
15. _____, known as Christmas oranges, peak in December and will satisfy a palate that likes things a bit tangy.
17. A _____ is mentally imaging an event or activity just before completing it.
19. A _____ movement involves two or more joints in the performance of an exercise.
21. A _____ intake of 1.7 g/kg/day should optimally meet an exerciser's muscle fitness goals.
23. A _____ weight is one at which you are comfortable and free of weight-related diseases such as high blood pressure, heart disease, and diabetes.
24. A _____ can eliminate lead and other pollutants from water and can also improve taste.
25. A _____ is the slight bleeding into tissues while the skin remains unbroken.
27. _____, also known as roasted buckwheat groats, have a nutty, toasty flavor that makes them perfect for pilafs.
29. A _____ is a chemical produced by the body via the introduction of another chemical or food.
30. A _____ process involves the breaking down of living organisms into smaller ones, producing a release of energy.
31. _____, a white, waxy fat found naturally in your body, is used to build cell walls and make certain hormones.
33. A _____ uses hands-on manipulation to realign your spine.
34. A _____ extension is an example of an isolation exercise.
36. A _____ of muscle is about the size of a baseball, and a _____ of fat is as big as a softball.
38. A _____ is a small piece of DNA that instructs the body how to build a specific protein.
39. _____, which has roots in skateboarding, includes half-pipe, super-pipe and boarder-cross maneuvers.
40. A _____ is a device or system that sends electrical impulses to the heart in order to set its rhythm.
41. _____-_____ lipoproteins (HDL) move cholesterol from the blood and artery walls to the liver.
42. _____, known as the satiety hormone, is produced by fat cells and appears to regulate body fat.
43. _____-_____ lipoproteins (LDL) are responsible for depositing excess cholesterol in artery walls.
44. A _____ condition is one that persists over a long period of time.
2. A _____ is a band of strong, fibrous tissues that connects muscle to bone.
3. A _____ ball is recommended to use to measure portions for mixed nuts, dried fruit, granola, almonds, walnuts (1/4 cup).
4. _____ your hands several times a day can help prevent sickness.
5. _____, the hunger hormone, is produced largely in the stomach.
6. A _____ is the golf club needed to free the ball from a sand trap.
7. _____, which literally means around sleep, is when a sleeper engages in activities that should not occur during sleep, such as sleepwalking and eating.
8. A _____ bike is a great non-impact, excellent weight-loss machine.
9. A _____ _____ is a protective, involuntary nerve reaction that causes muscles to contract.
10. _____-twitch fibers are recruited for anaerobic activities.
13. A _____ belt provides support during dead lifts.
14. A _____ vest makes plyometric exercises more difficult.
16. A _____ contains as many minerals as possible in amounts approaching 100 percent for those with RDA.
18. _____, or paired sets, consist of any two sets performed in a sequence.
20. A _____ contraction is one in which a muscle exerts force, shortens, and overcomes resistance.
21. A _____ therapist will use a variety of techniques to relieve the pain, and prescribe stretching and strengthening program.
22. A _____ approach is a gradual approach to introducing more work for the body to overcome.
24. _____-head posture is a misaligned relationship between the head and the shoulders, where the head protrudes in front of the shoulders and the upper back rounds.
26. _____, along with carbohydrates, is oxidized during exercise to provide energy to working muscles.
27. A _____ is a unit of energy.
28. A _____ lifestyle can greatly reduce the quality and length of life.
30. A _____-water rinse leaves hair glossier.
32. A _____ is the body's internal rotation movement resulting in an appendage facing downward.
33. A _____book is recommended to use to measure portions for thin white fish, such as flounder or sole (3 ounces).
35. _____ your core. It helps you with your balance.
37. A _____ is a drug that increases the rate at which water is excreted through the kidneys.
38. A _____ of fat contains 9 calories.