I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
The Cathe Crossword
Fitness & Health #14
1. If you don't get these as a child, you could end up with shingles later in life.
6. Adjusting the _____ of a treadmill can help prepare you for a hilly race.
7. Famous Idaho tuber, good for energy.
10. What does the "C" stand for in ACSM?
12. Quick diet tip: Don’t eat it if it doesn’t _____.
14. Lower back pain is frequently caused by a strain of the _____ or muscles.
15. Southern sport favorite.
17. Probiotic are a good type of _____.
18. Heart healthy breakfast staple.
20. 2-3 days per week with at least 48 hours rest for the same muscle groups is called _____.
23. A muscle used to pull a body part away from the midline of the body.
24. _____ drills should be performed at the beginning of a training session after the completion of a dynamic warm-up to reduce the risk of injury.
26. Lord Stanley’s prize.
28. The combined total of the intensity (weight used), number of repetitions, and sets completed is known as the _____ of the workout.
29. A health club typically requires members to sign liability _____ when they join.
31. The total amount of repetitions completed at one time.
34. Many fitness organizations/associations hold these educational events on an annual basis to enlighten, strengthen and advance fitness professionals of all levels.
35. The velocity at which the weight is moved.
36. Synonymous with sports broadcasting.
37. _____ are considered the king of weight training exercises.
38. The treadmill is a common device used for _____ exercise.
40. The interaction of these three systems (active, passive and neural) results in _____ efficient movement.
41. A minimal number of _____ _____ promotes excellent financial health (2 words).
42. The distance you traveled divided by the duration is your _____.
2. To continue seeing gains and improvements from an exercise program, the intensity of the exercises must gradually become increasingly more challenging, called _____.
3. Unpleasant side effect of smoking cessation.
4. Diet sans meat.
5. Dental defender (2 words).
8. The amount of resistance or load used in an exercise expressed as a percentage of one-repetition maximum (1RM).
9. One glass per day is said to promote cardiac health (2 words).
11. Don’t eat breakfast cereals that change the color of your _____.
13. Post meal blood sugar spikes can later cause _____.
16. Keeping these in your home will provide oxygen.
17. It has been recommended that older adults perform _____-training for 10 to 15 minutes, 3 days per week.
19. Greek warrior with painful foot inflammation.
21. Stadium food that will send your nitrates out of the park (2 words).
22. _____ is a natural rolling of the foot toward the outside while running or walking.
25. Not eating solid food and drinking the juice of fruits and vegetables is called a juice _____.
27. Keep the critters off you while outside by using _____ _____.
30. The complete range of motion (ROM) of the lengthening and shortening phase of the muscle action, expressed as the number of times the complete cycle is performed.
32. Fitness professionals purchase this to make sure they are covered for liability and protected from potential lawsuits.
33. An above-normal stress or load applied to a muscle or muscle group to elicit an enhanced training response.
39. What does the last "T" in F.I.T.T. stand for ?