I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
The Cathe Crossword
Fitness & Health #132
1. Term for prolonged illnesses that don't often completely heal in the body.
4. The _____ act to extend the hip and flex the knee.
9. The _____ Effect occurs when you may be working out but do not see improvements in your fitness level because your body is no longer being overloaded.
10. Term for moisture movement in the body via capillary action.
12. Systems of health care in which the primary goal is to reduce costs (2 words).
13. Super-setting is an advanced training method in which you do two exercises, one after the other, with no _____ between exercises.
14. Studies show that having _____ is the main reason youngsters participate in activities.
18. Weight training lower arm support (2 words).
19. Term to describe bodybuilders who avoid steroids and other banned substances (2 words).
20. Term for the gradual reduction of a training regimen, usually before an event or competition.
22. We're in this _____.
25. Temporary fluctuations in calorie intake leading to non-sustained changes in body weight are often called _____ dieting.
26. Tallness is a risk factor for osteoporosis-related _____.
29. Sunscreen can help prevent this deadly form of cancer.
31. Term for "good" stress that presents opportunities for someone to experience personal growth.
32. Target heart rate and Borgs perceived exertion scale are both a means to gauge the level of exercise _____.
33. Tea hydrates your body like water and helps replace lost fluids after _____.
36. We're really _____ it.
37. Studies show that _____ takes a toll on the heart.
39. Weight _____ keeps your metabolism revved up and burns calories and fat.
40. Taking the mineral _____ increases bone strength in women.
43. Substances that restore helpful bacteria to the intestines.
45. Sugar does not make you _____.
46. Term used for a foot racing event that involves navigating through wet and/or dirty environments.
47. We spend a third of our lives _____.
48. Substance used to reduce inflammation by signaling tissues to break down.
49. Weight bearing activities can prevent a loss of _____ in our bones.
50. Technology is the application of _____ to practical use.
51. Taking one or two aerobic _____ in a week can increase the level of your cardio fitness.
52. Vitamin and mineral _____ can't make up for poor eating habits, but they can complement a well-balanced diet.
2. Term used for abnormally high blood pressure.
3. Substitute this for white bread.
4. Ten of the body's capillaries are equal to the thickness of one human _____ strand.
5. Subcutaneous fat accumulates directly under the _____.
6. Take the _____ instead of the elevator wherever possible for calorie burning.
7. Term for meat without fat.
8. Term classifying the human body into categories of ectomorph, endomorph & mesomorph (2 words).
10. Substance necessary for cells to stay hydrated.
11. Term for extra body fat, usually found in the thighs and glute area.
12. Taking a daily _____ may soothe inflammation.
15. Studies show that setting goals in sports and exercise can increase _____.
16. Sustained, controlled exercise can help contain and control this disease.
17. Sugar found in milk and dairy products.
21. Weight increases while the reps decrease in each set.
23. Studies show that high consumption of salt leads to _____; yet another reason to reduce its intake.
24. Supplements containing _____ dangerously speed up the heart rate and raise blood pressure.
27. Take _____!
28. Very often used by a majority of people while exercising.
30. Term for chest pain due to a lack of blood flow (oxygen) to the heart.
34. Synonymous with sports broadcasting.
35. Tai Chi is a _____ exercise that strengthens muscles, improves balance and flexibility, and promotes relaxation.
37. Studies show that 41 million Americans are pre-_____.
38. Term for the blocking of the coronary blood vessels.
41. Sunscreen should be applied 15 to 30 minutes before going _____.
42. Symptom of physical overexertion.
43. Substance when eaten after exercise is found to decrease muscle soreness.
44. The _____ bone is commonly know as the collar bone.