I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
The Cathe Crossword
Fitness & Health #130
1. The _____ allows for flexion and extension of the hand.
4. Take the _____ instead of the elevator wherever possible for calorie burning.
5. Term used for abnormally high blood pressure.
7. Taking air into the bottom portion of the chest or abdomen is deep _____.
9. Term for working out in multiple sports to excel in one or another.
11. Term classifying the human body into categories of ectomorph, endomorph & mesomorph (2 words).
15. The _____ in cigarette smoke reduces circulation by narrowing the arterial blood flow in the body.
17. The _____ act to extend the hip and flex the knee.
19. Process of holding a joint or bone in place with a splint, cast, or brace.
22. Refers to the body's special type of tissue where fat is stored.
23. The _____ index is a numerical ranking system used to measure the rate of digestion and absorption of foods and their resultant effect on blood glucose.
24. Tallness is a risk factor for osteoporosis-related _____.
25. Taking the mineral _____ increases bone strength in women.
26. Term to describe bodybuilders who avoid steroids and other banned substances (2 words).
29. Regular exercise and weight lifting speed the body's _____.
32. Target heart rate and Borgs perceived exertion scale are both a means to gauge the level of exercise _____.
34. Recommended _____ Allowances (RDA) refer to the average amount of each vitamin and mineral that healthy people need daily.
35. Taking a daily _____ may soothe inflammation.
36. Ten of the body's capillaries are equal to the thickness of one human _____ strand.
37. Term for decreased muscle mass or muscle that is wasting away from non-use.
38. Taking one or two aerobic _____ in a week can increase the level of your cardio fitness.
39. Term for slowly lowering weight much heavier than you can lift, usually done with use of a partner (2 words).
40. The _____ diet has been criticized for its high-fat content, particularly saturated fat.
1. Pre-exercise movement meant to prepare the body for full exercise.
2. The _____ gland makes hormones that regulate the way the body uses energy.
3. Term for chest pain due to a lack of blood flow (oxygen) to the heart.
4. The _____ general determined that a lack of physical activity is detrimental to your health.
6. Term that describes the pre-steroid days of bodybuilding, often called the "glory" days (2 words).
8. The _____ ball was designed by Italian toy maker Aquilino Cosani.
10. The _____ are usually the last area of the body that achieve a lean muscle mass appearance.
12. Taking your time in a fitness routine to become stronger can be attributed to _____.
13. The _____ diet can help prevent the onset of Alzheimer's disease.
14. Term for meat without fat.
16. Referring to the nearest point closest to the center of the body.
17. Registered dietitians are needed in _____ to educate patients about nutrition and to administer medical nutrition therapy as part of a healthcare team.
18. Reducing _____ in your diet also reduces the amount of calories you ingest.
20. Term for moisture movement in the body via capillary action.
21. Term for extra body fat, usually found in the thighs and glute area.
23. Technique of replacing defective genes with normal ones in people with hereditary diseases (2 words).
25. Quick "energy buzz" substance.
27. Term for "good" stress that presents opportunities for someone to experience personal growth.
28. The _____ bike has pedals, and a thickly padded adjustable seat with side bolsters to keep your butt comfortable and supported.
30. Term used for a foot racing event that involves navigating through wet and/or dirty environments.
31. Regularly assessing _____ during an exercise program helps keep us motivated.
33. Technology is the application of _____ to practical use.