I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
The Cathe Crossword
Fitness & Health #123
1. The oil from the _____, a common citrus fruit used in tea, acts as a natural glass cleaner and is effective in cleaning soap scum from the shower.
3. The place between aerobic and anaerobic physical activity (2 words).
8. The part of the body containing the heart and lungs.
9. The most important part of any training regimen is _____.
11. The pain of discipline is far less than the pain of _____.
14. Securely add resistance to a variety of training programs without compromising biomechanics by wearing a padded and _____ vest.
17. The most important meal of the day.
19. Short for hamstrings (slang).
20. The primary muscle intended for exercise is defined as this.
21. The pair of fan shaped muscles across the middle of the back: latisimus _____.
22. The process of turning glucose into energy in the body.
24. The number one reason people don't exercise is lack of _____.
25. Skipping _____ is associated with higher risk of obesity.
27. The process in which foods are utilized and absorbed by the body.
30. The oats component found to lower cholesterol is the soluble fiber _____-_____.
32. The plateau is a physical lack of this during an exercise phase.
35. The partial displacement of a vertbra from its correct position.
37. The primary goal of assessing body composition is to determine the proportion of fat mass relative to _____ body mass.
38. The nucleic acid in chromosomes that is part of the chemical basis for hereditary characteristics (abbreviation).
40. The primary function of the lungs is to transfer oxygen from the atmosphere to the blood and remove carbon _____ from the body.
41. The number one reason people lose sleep is _____.
42. The primary job of a group fitness instructor is to _____ groups of people in exercise.
43. The number of new cases of a particular disease.
45. The number given to carb rich foods based on blood glucose levels is their _____ index.
46. The primary source of calories is _____.
47. The President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports has changed its name and extended its reach to include _____.
2. The most nutritious and healthy foods are found in the _____ aisles in supermarkets.
4. The plank set of exercises places stress on and strengthens this body area.
5. The number of heartbeats per unit of time, usually expressed as beats per minute (2 words).
6. The number one killer of women in the U.S. is _____ heart disease.
7. The most neglected aspect of physical fitness is _____.
10. The practice of excluding animal protein, eggs and dairy from the diet.
12. The oblique muscles can be strengthened by doing trunk _____.
13. The process of increasing the intensity, duration, amount, etc. of activity or exercise.
15. The neti pot is used to assist in this type of respiratory congestion.
16. The myotatic ______ involves rapid stretch of the muscle spindles that monitor the length of the muscle and the rate of change in muscle length.
18. The practice of _____ _____ is said to improve the quality of patients who've had heart failure issues.
19. The protein molecule within red blood cells that carries oxygen and gives blood its red color is called _____.
23. The National Academy of Sports _____ (NASM).
26. The proportion of fat and fat-free mass is your body _____.
28. The process by which social groups put attitudes and expectations upon others.
29. The power of moving the limbs quickly and easily.
31. The National _____ of Personal Trainers (NFPT)
33. The property of body tissue to return to its original size after stretching.
34. Small bumps on the tongue (2 words).
35. The most important and often under-estimated factor in muscle growth and recovery is _____.
36. The point of attachment of a muscle closest to the body's midline or center is its _____.
39. The prominence of veins and arteries seen over the muscles of a bodybuilder.
44. Sitting on a stability ball at work can strengthen your _____.