I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
The Cathe Crossword
Fitness & Health #114
3. Women who ate more than 3/4 cup servings of _____ weekly slashed their breast cancer risk by up to 70%.
5. When the weight decreases with each set but the reps stay the same, they are called _____ sets.
7. When doing 15-20 reps, muscle _____ decreases your muscle fatigue.
8. When you swim you get hungry. Research shows that it because the water is _____.
12. When shopping for bread, it should contain almost 100% of _____ grains.
14. When lifting weights, we should perform the movements through the full range of _____.
18. With type 1 diabetes, your body makes little or no insulin, which is called insulin _____.
21. When released, these reduce the sensation of pain and affect emotions
23. When grocery shopping, become knowledgeable at looking at these (2 words).
24. When a muscle is contracted toward the central axis of the body.
25. Women's stringy summertime goal!
26. When running, your upper body should be _____ relative to your posture.
28. Whistling noise in the chest occurring during breathing when airways are compressed.
30. When spotting with a personal trainer, the client usually completes 2–4 extra repetitions after reaching momentary muscular fatigue during a set, and is known as _____ repetitions.
32. When physical activity stops, _____ greatly decreases.
34. When exercising or training, the _____ support system can be the most important one.
38. Whether used as a spice or in tea, the root vegetable _____ is loaded with virus-fighting properties.
39. When doing 10-12 reps, muscle _____ will give muscle size gain, not necessarily strength gains.
40. Work _____!
41. When depleted causes fatigue.
42. With origins that trace back to India nearly 4,000 years ago, _____ leaves come in many sizes, shapes and colors.
1. Working an individual muscle without secondary or assisting muscle groups.
2. When a muscle cannot perform its full range of motion.
4. When exercising, _____ means an absence of oxygen.
6. Wheat _____ is the nutrient-packed center of the wheat berry, the source of all the vitamins, minerals and proteins.
8. When used properly, the medicine ball can help strengthen the body’s _____.
9. Whether yourself or someone else, you're tying to beat them.
10. When bodily fluid levels are below the normal levels, _____ occurs.
11. Work for it...focus…_____.
13. When exercising in the cold, take steps to prevent this condition.
15. When this increases, air decreases.
16. When choosing an exercise partner, the two of you should be at similar fitness _____.
17. What does the abbreviation BP stand for? (2 words)
19. When you learn to turn, you'll be glad you got these under foot.
20. When we do not exercise, _____ can replace muscle and can make the muscle smaller.
21. When underused, the body's connective tissue can lose _____ over time.
22. When researchers study the specific foods that may make a difference in the management of cardiovascular disease, they talk in terms of _____ foods.
23. While on the treadmill, keep the body upright, do not lean _____.
27. When the bursa gets irritated, it can become inflamed, causing pain called _____.
29. While running on the treadmill, pull your foot straight up under the _____ as soon as your foot is under the body.
31. What is the abbreviation for Body Mass Index?
33. When doing a push-up, these need to be fully extended.
35. What is the abbreviation for Metabolic Equivalent?
36. Women who sleep less than 8 hours a night over a 10-year period are at slightly higher risk of _____ disease.
37. When we exercise, _____ act something like "electric motors." muscles
Workout earphone emittance. music
What time of day should you limit your carbs. night
Women need to do sixty to _____ minutes of moderate-intensity activity to lose weight or sustain weight loss. ninety
When exercising, this should be avoided at all costs. overtraining
Working muscles need _____-rich blood and the harder they work, the more they need. oxygen
When you stop seeing results after a few months of weight loss training. plateau
Women who develop _____ (pregnancy-related hypertension) are prone to heart disease later in life. preeclampsia
When determining a person's exercise program, exercise _____ should be taken into account preferences
When consistently done, this difficult body weight movement increases upper body strength. pullups
"When doing a proper "air squat," the glutes must travel below the plane of the _____." quadriceps
When lifting weights, doing repetitions until you can do no more or fail to do any more (2 words). repout
With type 2 diabetes, your body has a difficult time using the insulin made by your pancreas or the insulin you take, which is known as insulin _____. resistance
What we use to get information about exercise and fitness. resources
When body fat is lost and muscle gained, you may not see a big change on the _____. scale
What you do to one _____, you do to the other. side
While performing free-form, strength-building exercises, sit or lie on an inflatable stability ball. This helps strengthen a set of muscles, called _____. stabilizers
What does the acronym “SAD” stand for in reference to a nutrition plan (3 words)? standardamericandiet
When a body is at rest or motionless, it can be said to have _____ equilibrium. static
When done very gently, _____ can help ease lower back pain. stretching
When a person runs at a steady pace/effort for a sustained period of time (2 words). temporun
When joining a health club or gym for the first time, using a personal _____ is a good investment. trainer
"What does the last "T" in F.I.T.T. stand for ?