I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
The Cathe Crossword
Fitness & Health #107
1. Arterioles transport oxygen-rich blood into the _____, the thinnest blood vessels in the body.
6. Another important consideration when choosing a fitness partner is that you both have similar _____.
8. Beans and _____ provide long-sustained energy and help regulate insulin and glucose levels.
12. Any exercises that maintain an increased heart rate, usually performed moderately for extended periods of time are _____ exercises.
14. Approximately 1/5 of a level teaspoon.
16. Another term for a first degree burn.
19. Bioelectrical impedance analysis is a method for measuring _____ _____.
20. Berries are jam-packed with _____ called anthocyanins and polyphenols, which have anti-inflammatory qualities.
21. Beta-blockers work to block particular sites in the body called beta-_____.
22. Bicyclists' and runners' hairy nemesis.
23. As we age, we can experience a decrease in balance and _____.
25. Athletic speed can be increased by training in intervals which include _____.
27. Athletes should be generally fit before incorporating this into their workout regimen.
29. As run mileage is increased per week, a decrease in _____ _____ is sometimes seen.
31. Attachment of a muscle that is more superior or proximal.
33. Anatomy adjuster.
36. As you lose weight, a portion of each pound comes from _____.
38. Application of _____ can promote healing by discarding damaged tissue and increasing flexibility and mobility.
40. Arrange your home or office for _____ rather than for convenience (put things that you use often in locations that aren't near each other) for calorie burning.
42. Begin every _____ with a 5-10 minute warm-up, such as easy walking.
44. Bending a limb at the joint, thereby decreasing the angle of the joint.
46. Avoid the _____-through window, and walk instead for calorie burning.
47. Athletic _____ is enhanced when incorporating strength and power training into a regimen.
48. Bioavailability refers to the body's ability to absorb and use the _____ derived from food.
49. As we age, our resting metabolism does this.
1. Approximately 80 percent of the human body's serotonin is located in the enterochromaffin _____.
2. Another term for one rep max is _____ strength, the maximum amount a person can lift in one repetition.
3. Approximately 50% of people who begin exercising drop out within _____ months.
4. Another term for the ab exercise "roman" chair is _____ chair.
5. Are you still _____ _____?
7. Baseline _____ are light intensity movements of daily life such as walking, standing, etc.
9. Athletic speed and "starting" ability can be described as _____.
10. Bad for the breath, good for the body.
11. Any environmental agent or drug that alters the development of a fetus.
13. Anorexia nervosa is a psychological and physiological condition characterized by a refusal or inability to _____.
15. Backward bending of the fingers or toes toward the upper surface of the foot or hand.
16. Beyond middle age, a loss of muscle cells, or _____, normally occurs.
17. Another term for the heart (2 words).
18. Bicycling in cold weather makes the body work _____.
24. Being indoors reduces the amount of this chemical.
26. bending fingers or toes towards the lower surface of the foot or hand.
28. Being under constant _____ can increase production of the hormone cortisol which can cause an increase in appetite as well as extra fat storage around the abdominal region.
30. Best type of progress when weight training.
32. Annoying springtime malady.
34. As part of a healthy diet, regular drinking of teas may help maintain _____ health.
35. Apnea is a dangerous condition usually found during this phase of the body's rest.
37. Any disease state that persists over a long period of time.
39. Anyone attempting to add straight leg deadlifts to their routines should start with light _____.
41. Bilateral refers to having this many sides.
43. Arthritis is usually found in the _____ of the body.
45. Another word for "coffee."