I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
The Cathe Crossword
Fitness & Health #101
1. A stronger heart doesn't need to beat as _____.
5. A protein called _____ carries most of the oxygen in the blood.
8. A significant amount of evidence indicates that _____ training helps reduce blood pressure.
9. A postage _____ is recommended to use to measure portions for butter or margarine (1 tsp.).
10. A soluble fiber shown to be very effective in lowering blood cholesterol levels is _____.
11. A tabletop device that looks like a new-age toaster and is hooked up to a computer. It analyzes the antioxidants in your body and is called a Pharmanex Bio-Photonic _____.
13. A pound of muscle is _____ and takes up less space than a pound of fat.
14. A term for someone's aerobic fitness capacity and their ability to do prolonged exercise without fatigue is their aerobic _____.
16. A protective fold in the upper face.
18. A precursor to osteoporosis more commonly known as low bone density is called _____.
19. A radioactive gas found in some homes that can increase the risk of cancer.
20. A stance determines these body parts' positions during an exercise.
22. A rapid resting heart rate; one above 100 beats per minute in an adult.
24. A process by which cancer cells spread throughout the body.
26. A primary duty of fitness professionals is to ensure that clients exercise _____ and effectively to successfully reach their goals.
27. A product developed by the Navy Seals has become one of the trendier fitness breakthroughs of recent years; training using it is called TRX _____.
28. A place of safety and introspection, but don't sit there too long.
30. A salt formed from lactic acid.
32. A stationary cycle or rowing machine used for exercise or training.
36. A specific recovery time between sets is called a _____ rest.
38. A study from University of Auckland found that women who consumed 1 gram of calcium citrate per day had higher levels of _____ ("good") cholesterol.
39. A recreational activity or pastime, usually competitive.
41. A temporary shortage of oxygen due to exercise is an oxygen _____.
42. A set of customary and often mechanically performed procedures or activities.
43. A tasty basic wonder food.
44. A single-sex exercise franchise for men, called _____, borrowed on the idea of Curves International for Women.
45. A severe headache.
46. A synthetic central nervous system stimulant related to adrenaline.
1. A skin _____ measuring device can determine body composition.
2. A professional _____ provides an ongoing partnership designed to help clients produce fulfilling results in their personal and professional lives.
3. A simple sugar used by the body for fuel.
4. A set of customary (often mechanically) performed procedures or activities.
5. A rise in _____ rate can be a first warning that your body is overtrained or stressed.
6. A porridge made from rolled or ground oats.
7. A reduction in training intensity before a major competition to give the body time to recover and adapt so as to reach a peak in performance.
12. A reliable indicator of kidney function; also a waste product of muscles from exercise.
15. A steroid hormone secreted by the adrenal gland in response to stress.
17. A sign of muscle overexertion.
21. A physical or psychological situation that disrupts the harmony of the mind and body.
23. A term for many of the poses done in yoga.
25. A primary function of muscles is to create tension and produce force for movement of the body's _____ system.
28. A proximal point is at this area of the body.
29. A recent study suggests that regular physical activity in youth may also safeguard against _____ in later years.
31. A slang term in surfing meaning that something can be a sign of danger.
33. A serious disorder marked with overeating and then purging.
34. A scientist in Australia found that _____ affects brain chemicals, hormones, inflammation, and the immune system.
35. A premium membership at TheCatheNation enables you to manage your _____.
36. A poisonous gas found in cigarette smoke is carbon _____.
37. A reduction in size of cells and/or tissues, especially relating to muscle fibers.
40. A study published by the JAMA states that women should average _____ (#) minutes of moderate-intensity daily activity to avoid long-term weight gain.
41. A Split routine refers to the way you _____ your muscle groups up and focus on different groups during different workouts.