← Back to Cathe Homepage
I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
Anatomy of Movement for Group Fitness Instructors and Personal Trainers
3. The quadriceps _____ is a group of four large muscles whose bodies occupy the front of the thigh.
4. The primary action of the above muscle group is the _____ of the knee.
6. When a muscle actually shortens in length, and its origin and insertion core drawn together, we use the term _____ contraction.
7. The bones of the hands and wrist can be divided into three groups: the carpals, metacarpals, and _____.
11. The breastbone is also known as the _____.
12. The forearm contains two bones, the radius and _____.
15. Typically, a muscle is attached to two different bones. For a given body movement, one bone-the origin- is fixed in some way. The other bone _____ moves as a result of the muscle contraction.
17. The _____ fasciae latae is the muscle that abducts, flexes, and medially rotates the thigh.
18. The _____ is the primary muscle of respiration.
19. When we speak of particular movement, the muscle which produces the movement is an antagonist, and the muscle which produces the opposite movement is called an _____.
20. Different muscles which cooperate to produce the same action are called _____.
1. When a muscle contracts, it tends to draw its origin and insertion points closer together. Anything that opposes this tendency is called _____.
2. In _____ (type of movement) the dorsal (superior) surface of the foot and the anterior surface of the leg move closer together.
5. Three gluteal muscles involved in the movement of the hip and the knee are: Gluteus Maximus, Gluteus medius, and Gluteus _____.
8. The widest back muscle is the _____ dorsi.
9. Movement of this joint is normally extremely limited, however, during childbirth the ligaments loosen and greater movement of joint becomes possible. _____ pubis.
10. When a muscle strains against some resistance but does not change in length, we use the term _____.
13. The _____ tendon is the strongest tendon of the human body.
14. "Tight" _____ are a common problem in modern society because people spend so much time sitting.
16. The human body contains three types of muscles: skeletal, smooth, and _____.