*3/4 Cup nonfat cottage cheese
*2/3 cup nonfat Greek Plain yogurt
* 1 TBS flour
* 2 TBS sugar (or can sub in stevia)
* 1/4 tsp salt
*4 egglands best egg whites
*Juice from 1/2 a lemon
*1/2 cup assorted fresh berries (I used bluberries,strawberries and blackberries)
*1/4 tsp almond extract
PRE-Heat Oven for 350 degrees
1. Place all ingredients except for egg whites in the blender or food processor and whip until the batter is smooth.
2. Now add the egg whites and give it a few pulses.
3. Finally, add the fruits and gently mix them in with a spoon. Do NOT blend!
4. Spray the bottom of your pan with some cooking spray.
5. Pour the batter in.
6. Place the pan into your oven which should be set at 350 degrees. The suggested time for cooking is around 30 minutes but check frequently to make sure the cheesecake does not brown or dry out.
7. When done, serve either super hot straight out of the oven or chilled in the fridge. Enjoy!
I used nonfat everything so that also contributed to the texture a lot. I read that if you use lowfat cottage cheese and yogurt, the consistency will be less crumbly.
I was very surprised, but the taste was delicious even though it did not have the same stickiness and density of a real cheesecake!